When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3646 Kampfschwimmer

madasboot

This is one of my favorites.

Major credit goes to my good buddy Mark (Finepics) who did a terrific joob on this dials and hands.

And since this forum has turned to strap showroom this one has a good old nato style strap specially crafted by watchinger.

Maybe this is one will be my last topic since I believe I have nothing more to show besides my vintage projects.

Thank you all,

M.

post-411-1183501262_thumb.jpg

post-411-1183501313_thumb.jpg

post-411-1183501367_thumb.jpg

Maybe this is one will be my last topic since I believe I have nothing more to show besides my vintage projects.

Thank you all,

M.

No...boll*cks Mr Boot Sir.....these vintage projects are inspirational to newbies like my self....more please!

I found I entered the PAM hobby at 183 and have gone mostly backwards ever since.

I think it takes some knowledge, skill , contacts and patience to pull off a decent vintage project......please keep the ball rolling!

Best regards

Simon

nice one...lately there have been some nice posts of custom/vintage projects...makes me want one...if I could only source a mvt...it would be great (there are some - but the price of these has gone really high)...the search continues.....

Major credit goes to my good buddy Mark (Finepics) who did a terrific joob on this dials and hands.

And since this forum has turned to strap showroom this one has a good old nato style strap specially crafted by watchinger.

Thank you all,

M.

M. .. are you sure about that engraving on the caseback? "Kampfschwimmerzeit" sounds strange to me (as I speak fluent German). A "Kampfschwimmer" as we all know, is basically a seal and "zeit" means "time". The word makes no sense. "Kampfschwimmer-Zeitmesser" or "Kampfschwimmerzeitmesser" instead would mean seal-watch (Zeitmesser being an old German word for watch).

here some pics with gen kampfschwimmer radiomirs.

picture 2 means >>>> to the memory of my kampfschwimmer-time.

madasboot caseback means >>>> K.M Kampfschwimmerzeit 1943 <<<<<

that means in german >>>>> Kriegs-Marine Kampfschwimmerzeit 1943 <<<<<

in english >>>>> navy frogman time 1943 <<<<<<

rolli

post-2837-1183554258_thumb.jpg post-2837-1183554268_thumb.jpg post-2837-1183554276_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1183554285_thumb.jpg post-2837-1183554294_thumb.jpg post-2837-1183554303_thumb.jpg

Very cool project watch! A few friends of mine are also working on the 3646, they are working hard to get the parts right, the best movements and things like that. When you finish a project like you have it is something special that anyone can appreciate. Keep up the good work and the posts! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

M. .. are you sure about that engraving on the caseback? "Kampfschwimmerzeit" sounds strange to me (as I speak fluent German). A "Kampfschwimmer" as we all know, is basically a seal and "zeit" means "time". The word makes no sense. "Kampfschwimmer-Zeitmesser" or "Kampfschwimmerzeitmesser" instead would mean seal-watch (Zeitmesser being an old German word for watch).

It does make sense to me, especially if you add "In memory of.../Zur Erinnerung an...", like on the gen.

Volker

Thanks for the help!!! I believe is not too late for me to learn german but for this caseback I believe it is too late to correct the problem.

M.