When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Take that Maradona!

Victoria

post-6973-1183872797_thumb.jpg

That's Dr. Nicolas Hayek, CEO of Breguet, the guy who reinvigorated the famed timepiece company.

Now that's a wrist-check photo, baby! Can anyone here top that? :)

P.S.: In case you don't get the Maradona reference, unlikely in this forum, but anyway -- the ex-footballer is well-known for his, shall we call it, penchant for wearing Daytonas on both wrists.

post-6973-1183872953_thumb.jpg

Is that a recent pic of Maradona? He seems to be fat again. But I bet he could still run circles around the English defense. :lol:

No clue. And being English, I will raise my eye-brow reprovingly at you. ;)

I'm sure folks here know it, but I got the photo of Marasnorta here: http://www.oysterinfo.de/en/specials/celebs/index.php

Or, if you're like Ms Lohan, and can't afford a GMT/World Time watch, you do this:

Afford? Sell those two Rolexes and buy a GMT. I think she's just showing off. Oh, she has a Daytona too.

That is an ancient picture of Maradona, but I prefer the one of his getting busted by Italian police and getting his twin-subs confiscated. :D

Afford? Sell those two Rolexes and buy a GMT. I think she's just showing off. Oh, she has a Daytona too.

That is an ancient picture of Maradona, but I prefer the one of his getting busted by Italian police and getting his twin-subs confiscated. :D

Yeah.. a celebrity like her SELLING a watch.. Can't you just see the advertisement?

"2 watches for sale: Selling my skull- and blue/gold Rolex to fund a watch with one of those nifty hands that show you the time in greenwich village and also to pay for rehab."

-Lindsay-

Hayek may be CEO of Breguet, but he comes across as the most common of street vendors in that picture. Even an entry level sales person at an AD will wear something more tasteful than that (yes, including the tie).

As for Maradona and Lohan, they are both clowns. Despite all of his accomplishments, Maradona squandered his talents due to a lack of character. And Lohan will be washed up and look used up by the time she is 30. For her sake I hope she develops talent as a character actress, because she will have a very short career as an ingenue. Think Betty Davis rather than Rita Hayworth.

Love him or hate him... El Diego is the Elvis of football.

The boy who had it all (except brains). :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHhaHSaTlQ...ted&search=

Maradona was a footballing genius. But there will only ever be one Pele. It's like how I appreciate and love Elvis, but Frank Sinatra topped him by miles.

Hayek may be CEO of Breguet, but he comes across as the most common of street vendors in that picture. Even an entry level sales person at an AD will wear something more tasteful than that (yes, including the tie).

As for Maradona and Lohan, they are both clowns. Despite all of his accomplishments, Maradona squandered his talents due to a lack of character. And Lohan will be washed up and look used up by the time she is 30. For her sake I hope she develops talent as a character actress, because she will have a very short career as an ingenue. Think Betty Davis rather than Rita Hayworth.

Wow, there are so many wonderful replies in this thread, but I can't reply to all lest I overshoot my newbieness status. ;)

Let me just say that I loved your post. Agreed 100% on all points.

Dr. Hayek seems like someone you'd find in Billingsgate, in that photo, rather than the CEO of probably the most venerable of all watch companies...save for Patek Phillipe. And speaking of which, I once had the pleasure of meeting Phillipe Stern, the CEO of said company. A gentleman.

Could never in a million years imagine him doing a similar photo.

You have to contextualise the photo of Hayek.....it was for a magazine shoot.....and was probably at a bad art director's suggestion.....but I have to say that he does come across as a bit 'street rough'...in a kind of "Marseilles" fashion......he needs to shed the combover ( and some weight )........get a little more contemporary with the facial fluff and stop smothering himself in glue and jumping thru'his wardrobe......!

You have to contextualise the photo of Hayek.....it was for a magazine shoot.....and was probably at a bad art director's suggestion.....but I have to say that he does come across as a bit 'street rough'...in a kind of "Marseilles" fashion......he needs to shed the combover ( and some weight )........get a little more contemporary with the facial fluff and stop smothering himself in glue and jumping thru'his wardrobe......!

You know what I thought when I saw that pic? "Hayek looks like a Russian oligarch". :thumbsupsmileyanim:

By the way, good eye with the Herm

I don't think even he is wearing enough manufacture product on his wrists to satisfy a Russian oligarch......maybe a Romanov from fin de si

Edited by TTK