When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Omega Planet Ocean with correct logo ...

wheaton26

as some of you may or may not have read in my previous post, i ordered this watch from jay because he said he had the logo corrected. long story short, he sent the old version ... but after a few e-mails he corrected the problem and this arrived yesterday! i am very happy as i'm sure some of you will be to see the correct logo on this beautiful watch. i am mainly a panerai man but can see this getting lots of wrist time in the future. i am still learning about this rep and from what i can tell, this version is pretty good. the hour markers at 3, 6, 9 and 12:00 are slightly smaller in comparison to the gen and the "he" valve seems to be about 1 or 2mm lower than other models. here are a few pictures i just took while enjoying a day off for bahamian independence. thanks and i look forward to hearing some of your comments!

279280-1574.jpg279280-1575.jpg279280-1576.jpg

Sorry Wheaton26, but being honest...

and from your pics....

pearl is awful, date font is wrong, dial numbers size is small... "co-axial chronometer" font is too high... numbers in bezel are too thick... He valve too low... crown looks also worst...

as usual, one step ahead and 5 back... you better should keep your previous one wich had everything good but the logo feet.

Hmm, mixed feelings here, lume dot on the bezel is more evenly filled now, and with the same lume color as dial markers, but slightly incorrect shape.

3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock dial lume markers as you mentioned do look a bit smaller than gen's, dial txt is also a bit off now, why the recessed He crown is beyond me...so I'm guessing this is another case of 1 step forward 2 steps back, but hey, at least the logo looks like the gen now.

It looks this latest version was made by the different rep factory.

Bezel numerals look OK, actually.

just my 2 cents worth...

cheers,

babola

No this is the new one from Silix, the UPO is from other cartel dealers. The UPO has AR and a slightly better dial but the wrong logo this has the correct logo, i have the 007 PO from silix and can live with its faults but i could not live with the wrong logo.

So who did you say you got it from ? jay ??
jay's site can be seen here.

pearl is awful, date font is wrong, dial numbers size is small... "co-axial chronometer" font is too high... numbers in bezel are too thick... He valve too low... crown looks also worst.
i have to disagree with some of these critiques. the pearl ... although not recessed, looks good. date font, dial number size, the position of the "co-axial chronometer" font and the numbers in the bezel are very close to the real thing. i will give you the positioning of the "he" valve and the reason the crown might look off is simply because it is in the pulled out position for these pictures.

is the lume on the markers crap compared to the hands???????????????????
the lume on the markers is still not as strong as the hands but it is significantly better than the other one i have.

i have to disagree with some of these critiques. the pearl ... although not recessed, looks good. date font, dial number size, the position of the "co-axial chronometer" font and the numbers in the bezel are very close to the real thing. i will give you the positioning of the "he" valve and the reason the crown might look off is simply because it is in the pulled out position for these pictures.

IMO, the pearl just looks wrong. The genuine like the UPO, peaks up through the bezel insert. Yours looks to be glued on. The dial printing is slightly off, but thats no big deal. The large hour markers look to be a better shape than the ultimate, but the lume doesn't seem to fill them as much as it should. Your hour markers look small, and as you mentioned, the he valve is not positioned correctly. Does yours have AR?.

Really, its a nice piece, but I'm still giving the edge to the UPO. Fixing the logo is a giant step forward, as that is the biggest "tell" in my opinion.

I'm a noob and all but for 50 to 100 dollars less isn't this watch now the better buy? even if Ultimate PO still might have a slight edge in some details? Obviously, it would be nice if the dealers could combine the best of both worlds but to me the wrong logo screams replica over a slight misplacement of the HE valve, or incorrect date font.

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like the pre-decessor to the uPO. The history of the PO rep is well documented in here and this watch is well known. Bad date font, wrong pearl and badly misplaced He valve. The last of these is a fatal, uncorrectable flaw.

Better to get a uPO and hang tight until a new dial comes around or try and source a gen dial. This watch should be killed off.