When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long do these Swiss ETA reps go for afer a full wind?

911RS

Power reserve is in the 40-42 hr range, but that is fully wound, optimal conditions, blah, blah blah.

8-10 hours ain't good, but first order of business would be to open it and see what you have- make sure it's an ETA- but even a chinese auto would go about the same time span if fully wound. You might need to have it serviced, but if you bought it from Ideal Watches, you're already smarting, but at least you found this place. I don't know if you could send it back and get a refund or not. I probably would lick my wounds and go on- lesson learned.

The problem with the ETA's in reps from China is that they are technically surplus, so to speak, and may be in need of servicing. Some do OK, some don't. I bought a movement from Hong Kong, 2836-2, and it stopped w/in a month. But after servicing, it's doing fine. I'/m sure you're not excited about spending the next $100, but at least you'd still have the watch. If you send it back, you may have nothing.

Power reserve is in the 40-42 hr range, but that is fully wound, optimal conditions, blah, blah blah.

8-10 hours ain't good, but first order of business would be to open it and see what you have- make sure it's an ETA- but even a chinese auto would go about the same time span if fully wound. You might need to have it serviced, but if you bought it from Ideal Watches, you're already smarting, but at least you found this place. I don't know if you could send it back and get a refund or not. I probably would lick my wounds and go on- lesson learned.

The problem with the ETA's in reps from China is that they are technically surplus, so to speak, and may be in need of servicing. Some do OK, some don't. I bought a movement from Hong Kong, 2836-2, and it stopped w/in a month. But after servicing, it's doing fine. I'/m sure you're not excited about spending the next $100, but at least you'd still have the watch. If you send it back, you may have nothing.

I'll be sending the watch to The Zigmeister.

So a poorly serviced or a in need of service ETA would go about 10-12hrs? and a fully serviced one will have 32+ hours?

I'm so upset I bought from Ideal Watches.... You're right lesson learned :black_eye:

Thanks everyone for your replies! This place is awesome!

Also how do I fully wind a watch... and when do you really know it's at it's max?

thanks again

my eta sub will do for a couple of days before it stops. I know i always look at it after its been sitting for a few days and think "WOW its still running?"

haha

not the case with my asian 7750.. it lasts about 24 hours.

84 911 beautiful car! I'd love to see pics if you got some. I'd miss her too :wub:

here she goes .. owned her for about 4 years / sold it when i got married in south america colombia . :thumbsupsmileyanim:

280962-280.jpg

i also 2 944 turbos , but nothing drives like a rear motor 911 ! & my 84 911c had the mechanical cluch ! if your not used to that kinda clutch , youll screw up the trans ! .. but i didnt mind the stiffness of the mechanical cluctch , it was fun to drive ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER