When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam 232 on mario paci xi papaya brown

deltatahoe

so after some convincing by dluddy & rolli, i sprang for a davidsen pam 232 and paired it with a mario paci xi papaya brown strap. thanks to rolli's thread about his 232 and his keen eye for detail, i asked davidsen to put shorter-than-fiddy hands on this one.

to be honest i was a little surprised at the color of the dial -- in direct sunlight it really is much lighter in color than i was expecting. in quite a few of the pictures i've seen of the 232, the dial looks much darker in color. i've taken a couple pictures in different lighting to try to capture the changes in dial color.

anyways, enough talk about the watch -- let's see some pics. i didn't take as many pictures as rolli (or any denim shirt wrist shots), but here are a couple signature deltatahoe coffee table wood grain shots:

in low lighting:

281163-143.jpg

in brighter lighting:

281163-144.jpg

side view:

281163-145.jpg

unintentional lume shot of sorts:

281163-146.jpg

wrist shot:

281163-147.jpg

i'm really happy with the watch; the brown dial is really unique and interesting, even if it is a little lighter in color than i was expecting. in the back of my mind i'm still wondering if davidsen has changed the dial, but i'm sure it is the same. dluddy & rolli, can you confirm? is your dial fairly light in color most of the time in good lighting (similar to the picture above)?

finally, here's a quick review of my experience with davidsen:

this was my first watch from davidsen; i have to say it is really nice to buy a pam with already super-lumed dial and hands, AR coated crystal and no cannon pin issue. communication with davidsen was top notch. i sent him payment via a bank wire, and after waiting a couple weeks i emailed him to check on the status of the watch. apparently the bank left my name off the wire so he didn't know the payment had come from me; after we confirmed these details he upgraded my watch to the swiss version (i had paid for the chinese movement version) for free given the delay in shipping the item to me b/c of the bank wire issue. that's what i call service. i wouldn't hesitate to buy from davidsen again -- i like the fact that he will construct the exact watch that you ask him to make (in this case, the special request of the shorter fiddy-style hands).

thanks for looking,

deltatahoe

hi,

congrats for your decision.

i like this very much.

but you have to know, this dial color is better for a vintage radiomir.

i have sent a lot of pictures to davidsen with the right dial color.

the real 232 dial color is deep dark black-brown.

the answer from davidsen was, he can make a new dial with deep dark brown color as a special order for me,

but normally he would start this upgrade dial in autumn.

rolli

gen vintage radiomir:

post-2837-1184351582_thumb.jpg

in brighter lighting:

281184-131.jpg

My favourite shot, of many lovely ones.

i'm really happy with the watch; the brown dial is really unique and interesting, even if it is a little lighter in color than i was expecting. in the back of my mind i'm still wondering if davidsen has changed the dial, but i'm sure it is the same. dluddy & rolli, can you confirm? is your dial fairly light in color most of the time in good lighting (similar to the picture above)?
At first, I noticed that it really looked too light even for my untrained eye standards, but after clicking on Rolli's shot of the real vintage PAM, it's very much in character to the older one.

this was my first watch from davidsen; i have to say it is really nice to buy a pam with already super-lumed dial and hands, AR coated crystal and no cannon pin issue. communication with davidsen was top notch. i sent him payment via a bank wire, and after waiting a couple weeks i emailed him to check on the status of the watch. apparently the bank left my name off the wire so he didn't know the payment had come from me; after we confirmed these details he upgraded my watch to the swiss version (i had paid for the chinese movement version) for free given the delay in shipping the item to me b/c of the bank wire issue. that's what i call service. i wouldn't hesitate to buy from davidsen again -- i like the fact that he will construct the exact watch that you ask him to make (in this case, the special request of the shorter fiddy-style hands).

Wow, upgrading to Swiss for free, even if it was a bank issue. He sounds like a wonderful collector, and I only wish I could afford a Davidsen myself.

Wear it well! :)

The Mario Paci brown-papaya strap is absolutely gorgeous!

thanks vbarrett. i really like this strap (i've been eyeing one for a while); i think it goes well with the brown dial. at some point i might pick up a MF 1942 vintage strap to see what it looks like on this watch -- i think once it developed a nice patina, that combo would be amazing.

deltatahoe

thanks vbarrett. i really like this strap (i've been eyeing one for a while); i think it goes well with the brown dial. at some point i might pick up a MF 1942 vintage strap to see what it looks like on this watch -- i think once it developed a nice patina, that combo would be amazing.

deltatahoe

Nice watch although I was never a DSN fan. The strap is nice as well with this watch combo.

I had the MF1942 strap on my long gone fiddy.. Similar hide than my greek natural.. I sold it when it developed a nice patina to kruzer through ebay couple of years ago..

Amazing smell but quite thin (approx 3mm)..

I will try to find some pics for you,

so after some convincing by dluddy & rolli, i sprang for a davidsen pam 232 and paired it with a mario paci xi papaya brown strap. thanks to rolli's thread about his 232 and his keen eye for detail, i asked davidsen to put shorter-than-fiddy hands on this one.

to be honest i was a little surprised at the color of the dial -- in direct sunlight it really is much lighter in color than i was expecting. in quite a few of the pictures i've seen of the 232, the dial looks much darker in color. i've taken a couple pictures in different lighting to try to capture the changes in dial color.

anyways, enough talk about the watch -- let's see some pics. i didn't take as many pictures as rolli (or any denim shirt wrist shots), but here are a couple signature deltatahoe coffee table wood grain shots:

in low lighting:

281397-11165.jpg

in brighter lighting:

281397-11166.jpg

side view:

281397-11167.jpg

unintentional lume shot of sorts:

281397-11168.jpg

wrist shot:

281397-11169.jpg

thanks for looking,

deltatahoe

Looks Great DT .... i am recieving a Ti/PVD with vintage sandwhich dial from Davidsen ... it's taken 3 weeks but i asked him to take his time ... the Ti is a little unstable to get the PVD coating on so it took more than enough cases to get it right... i know what you mean about being able to order custom mod from the start.. i should be gettin it early next week .... and your MP strap looks good on the brown dial ... now i know what colour strap to use on mine .. i kinda felt it shoud be something darker than the dial so as to bring out the colour of the dial ..... thanks again for the pics.