When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It Looks Like PAM's Are The "It" Watch in the Hamptons

Watchmeister

V,

The Nixons somehow feel like wannabe watches. Just can't get into them at all. Here's the disaster they tried to push on me: http://www.streetmachine.dk/news/1172665820.jpg . Reminds me of a Miami art deco piece in the early 70s... like something in the Woody Allen movie, Sleeper. Don't much care for the one you showed me either. Just not my style.

APs... thanks for the compliment on taste, but I'm the kind of guy who will wear a black Metallica T-shirt with my AP LOL. Anyway, first time I saw Euno and Ubi going nuts over the Genta designs I just didn't get it either. Like everyone here says, they seem to be an acquired taste, like the PP Jumbo. To some, they at the top of the Most Wanted list of the Fashion Police, but to others they are the ultimate classics. There's a dichotomy with their designs because they're clearly dated on the one hand, and timeless on the other. Just wish we could go back in time and make the AP Jumbo a bit larger...

V,

The Nixons somehow feel like wannabe watches. Just can't get into them at all. Here's the disaster they tried to push on me: http://www.streetmachine.dk/news/1172665820.jpg . Reminds me of a Miami art deco piece in the early 70s... like something in the Woody Allen movie, Sleeper. Don't much care for the one you showed me either. Just not my style.

YES! On all similes. Especially the Orgasmatron reference (I'm sure that's what you meant, ahem).

But call me crazy, not that you don't already, but I rather like the look of that watch they showed you. Oh, I wouldn't buy it. But I sense potential in it, and in the company, if they get their act together and stop pandering to the cool snowboard crowd only.

APs... thanks for the compliment on taste, but I'm the kind of guy who will wear a black Metallica T-shirt with my AP LOL.
You totally ruined my reverie. I once turned down a date when a boy came to pick me up wearing a Metallica t-shirt, and ripped jeans -- as if.

Anyway, first time I saw Euno and Ubi going nuts over the Genta designs I just didn't get it either. Like everyone here says, they seem to be an acquired taste, like the PP Jumbo. To some, they at the top of the Most Wanted list of the Fashion Police, but to others they are the ultimate classics. There's a dichotomy with their designs because they're clearly dated on the one hand, and timeless on the other. Just wish we could go back in time and make the AP Jumbo a bit larger...

I'm just concerned that all of us with our Jumbos this, and PAMs that will look awful in 5 years, when spaghetti-thin Guccis make a comeback.

I don't care either way, and I love my PAMs, but also, I wouldn't be wearing a bouffant hairstyle today, either. Some things just don't date well.

(And let's hope Kollektor, that you still don't have a mullet... :black_eye: )

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, the "Hamptons" went right down the tubes when they made a golf course out of one of the most challenging and technical tracks in the US. I heard rumors that Dan Gurney never lifted going into turn one:

LOL! That's hilarious. Maybe that's where Lizzie Grubman learnt to drive.........

I did talk to a few salespersons at various AD's (Tourneau, Alpha Omega etc.). All of them had maybe one or 2 Pams, that was it.

They all told me PAMs were very popular in the US, but they only get very very limited quantity of watches. They said most of them go to the european market.

They did have the PAM Clock, too. But at over 1k and with only a quartz movement, I dont think its worth it! It would have been nice with a cal. 240

and btw. they all thought my WM was a 50.000$-historic PAM! I could try on ANY (!!) watch, even though I dressed in heavy worn shorts and t-shirt (maybe it was a polo, dont remember). I think I spend more than 2 hours at Tourneau

I actually see quite of few of them on the streets of NY. In fact several people in my building have PAMs as well. If the WM is the one you showed me, I must say it is a gorgeous watch.