When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Case

PureTime

Makes sense to me. Individually, I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to buy this watch, or, for that matter any watch that would require the A7750 to perform multi-functions. For the most part the A7750 tells decent time. I have a couple of them, but they only deal with the hours and seconds. Works pretty good, too. I'd rather spend my cash on a few MBW's, which I have, and get some quality. But, if you want just a show piece on your wrist to dazzle them (until someone has one calls you down) then go for it. Your cash, your loss. Tim

i have been holding my tongue on this topic for a while now. do i agree with the price tag absolutely not, but i would bet my bottom dollar that the majority of the people that are bashing the hbb dont have one or never had one. we all should know by now that the QC on reps is absolutely terrible so if you are going by what ONE person said about ONE of the hbbs he worked on you have to be crazy to beleive it is like that on ALL hbbs. i personally have 2, which i bought used for amazing prices ($655 total for ss and ceramic) and they have been working flawlessly. so if the hbb has such a bad movement or is such a bad watch i would love for somebody to show me ALL the bad reviews about it. there has been one so far i have seen. AND as you all should know by now members love to post everything that has gone wrong with their watches, but you dont see people posting about NOt having problems. everybody praises the SFSO, which sells for $300+ and i have seen a hell of alot more posts about people having problems with both the asian and swiss version. the design and finish of the hbb models are truely amazing and if somebody want to have only a couple reps and buy something they will truely love as opposed to somebody with 20+ reps i see no problem with that.

to the member above...what are you talking about??? the 7750 performing multiple functions?? its a chrono mvmt there is no special function the hbb mvmt does and it is the same mvmt that is used in the mbw AP watches. they both have the running seconds at 9. so if you like to spend $600 for an AP or a rolex that has very minor differences go right ahead, but you have no right whatsoever to bash somebody that wants to spend a little more for something he truely wants.

in all i agree that if people will buy reps at this price the prices will only go up. that is common sense and is general economics...supply and demand. if there is a demand they will keep the prices where they are, but none of us have any right to totally bash some guy because he really likes a watch and wants to buy it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been holding my tongue on this topic for a while now. do i agree with the price tag absolutely not, but i would bet my bottom dollar that the majority of the people that are bashing the hbb dont have one or never had one. we all should know by now that the QC on reps is absolutely terrible so if you are going by what ONE person said about ONE of the hbbs he worked on you have to be crazy to beleive it is like that on ALL hbbs. i personally have 2, which i bought used for amazing prices ($655 total for ss and ceramic) and they have been working flawlessly. so if the hbb has such a bad movement or is such a bad watch i would love for somebody to show me ALL the bad reviews about it. there has been one so far i have seen. AND as you all should know by now members love to post everything that has gone wrong with their watches, but you dont see people posting about NOt having problems. everybody praises the SFSO, which sells for $300+ and i have seen a hell of alot more posts about people having problems with both the asian and swiss version. the design and finish of the hbb models are truely amazing and if somebody want to have only a couple reps and buy something they will truely love as opposed to somebody with 20+ reps i see no problem with that.

pretty much the point in all my posts.. and it's such a simple concept too.. we see a ton of people who have 10+ reps each at $300-400 a pop and yet 1 rep at $800 is so ridiculous.. these same people are the first ones offering up their rep because it gets no wrist-time too so really, who wasted their money?

I agree that the price is so high and should be lowered down but frankly I don't see the point of owning 20 different rolexes wearing one every day (what circle do you people have that nobody notices you wearing a different rolex/breitling/omega every day of the week?!)

find what you like and know will wear and run with it, maybe that's why I haven't had a single minute of regret with my 2 reps purchased (1 UPO for myself, my daily beater and a RolYM for my dad as a gift which has even fooled someone who has a gen)

the funny thing is it's all about price too.. I think that $500 is truly the sweet spot for everything (ie: PS3 was selling decently at $599 but at $499 it's become sold out everywhere) .. if these HBB's are sold at $550, there'd be so much demand the factories wouldn't be able to keep up..

Regret? I don't know the meaning of the word and yes I will post pics once I receive my HBB cuz well.. people want one but just don't want to buy it :winkiss:

Been following this thread for awhile since I have the replica RG bezel version. I think you have two honest camps of opinion here and the usual "economics" opinions thrown in.

1. A couple of people see this as a work of art regardless of the going market price and the A7750; much akin to those that purchase an expensive copy of a painting; a fiberglass replica ferrarri body on a toyota, etc., etc. Having a very near facsimile in your collection is a must.

2. The replica afficionados (RWIS) that frequent these forums have vast knowledge regarding the QC of the replica watches, the pricing & quality of the parts and maybe some knowledge of the engineering, setup and manufacture expenses of putting these out to market, and those rare breed that mod and build. The price for all this knowledge is the dissatisfaction when the watches become geared to the market forces rather than manufacturing prices. Common sense based on wallet economics prevails. However, they forget that when we all started purchasing reps. outside of these forums, many of us did buy our first watches based on the looks with no knowledge of QC, movement or what the right price was. Now that we are wise, we tend to be very picky and prickly which is the natural progression from clueless to clued-in. Does it irk them that the sellers are making huge profits on the backs of the masses? Obviously yes, and I don't really see it as bashing but more rather a feeling that it hurts the hobby supporting pricing that is out of the reach of the common replica collector. Even though many can afford this replica, many don't see it worth the price.

3. Genuine buyers are having the same arguments as the replica buyers. I have several genuine watch collecting friends who asked me where they can get a good fake HBB like mine. This surprised me and changed my opinion on the watch. Although they all agree that it is the "latest & greatest" universal hot fashion statement to wear right now, they don't want to pay the market price. These are people that can afford genuine watches and have some working knowledge of watches in general. (And probably would buy this HBB rose gold case replica, myself included) Its funny, Panerai started out as a fashion statement but nobody who can afford the gens ever thinks they are not worth the price, unlike the HBB. That tells you that even the HBB genuines are so overly inflated in price a lot of genuine buyers have reservations shelling out the dough. I have to agree, I'd rather buy a genuine PP Annular for almost the same price.

Been following this thread for awhile since I have the replica RG bezel version. I think you have two honest camps of opinion here and the usual "economics" opinions thrown in.

3. Genuine buyers are having the same arguments as the replica buyers. I have several genuine watch collecting friends who asked me where they can get a good fake HBB like mine. This surprised me and changed my opinion on the watch. Although they all agree that it is the "latest & greatest" universal hot fashion statement to wear right now, they don't want to pay the market price. These are people that can afford genuine watches and have some working knowledge of watches in general. (And probably would buy this HBB rose gold case replica, myself included) Its funny, Panerai started out as a fashion statement but nobody who can afford the gens ever thinks they are not worth the price, unlike the HBB. That tells you that even the HBB genuines are so overly inflated in price a lot of genuine buyers have reservations shelling out the dough. I have to agree, I'd rather buy a genuine PP Annular for almost the same price.

I honestly forgot where I read it, who posted it in what forum or thread.. but basically.. someone got called out on a replica they had (NOT a HBB).. I think it was a Panerai or an AP ROO..

you know what the persons reply was? It's the best watch I've owned

think about it for a moment, replica.. genuine.. does it really matter at that point when one can honestly say that to another? It's the best watch they've owned..

like you've said above your own genuine collecting friends have asked you where they can get one like the one you have, that is of the highest compliment believe it or not

personally.. I hate that I'm buying one for this price.. because like we all know.. supply-demand dictates stuff.. and I don't want to see prices continue to go up.. but at the same time it is a conscious decision I've made

get this 1 HBB .. instead of 2 PAMs or 3 or 4 other watches/etc.. the weird thing is we're all in this thing together and i don't see why people need to be at each other's throats for what at the end of the day, are replicas..

anyhows i've rambled a bit but whateva, I'm just trying to pass time until I get my first HBB :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What i don't understand,is usually gold plated watches are not much more expensive than the SS ones,how come the gold plated BB is almost $300 more than the standard Ceramic BB ?

Not much to understand, its called supply and demand, I think that was the arguments being made all throughout this thread. There is no cost for the gold plating that should warrant this price difference. These will stay a rare model as long as the "high price" and "popularity" hold.

What i don't understand,is usually gold plated watches are not much more expensive than the SS ones,how come the gold plated BB is almost $300 more than the standard Ceramic BB ?

i dont know where you are getting your prices and to be perfectly honest with you i agree the price increase sucks, but the increase was no where near $300....i think its around $160

So in the end we have an elitism within the rep world similar to that of the gen's.

The price of producing and delivering the latest and greatest to us will never again be aligned to dealer costs but only dealer wants.

Please I do agree that anyone should be allowed to purchase what he/she wants but if a dealer sells 200 watches in a calendar Month and each and every one of those watches returns to him what the average office worker earns in Gaungzhou each Month I do wonder how much greed is now driving our hobby.

Ken

Hi people, I'm lucky to have the chance to have a look at the HBB and feel it in my own hands from my local dealer up close. The finishing is indeed very gorgeous!

Price wise, I agree it's on the high side. But movement wise for the asia 7750, many watches are running on these movements too example some Panerai models, Breitling models, IWC models etc. If the movement is not good, then sure a lot of other replica collectors that have watches running on asia 7750 will be complaining too. I think it's more of a personal opinion. People will think if they are forking out $800 for a HBB, they would expect the movement to be of a certain standard. Then again it could be bulk of the cost is gone into the finishing that's why it looks so nice and gorgeous.

Anyway, does anyone has any comments on those HBB not rose gold plated ones that cost around US$500? Are those worth the price?

So in the end we have an elitism within the rep world similar to that of the gen's.

I do respect your opinions Ken, but here is where I have to differ with you, so don't take offense my friend, its a forum for discussion. I don't think the two or three people in this thread that have expressed their intent to purchase this watch are elitist. They just want this watch, not to outshine others on the boards but merely from the fact it rocks their boat.

I agree, this hobby for some has changed and put a sour taste on it with the higher pricing of the new reps. Greed or another term (profit margin) may be driving some dealers, but it is not driving the hobby. I haven't heard too much crap about the watches nowadays like we did from years past, they are getting better, so now everyone expects better, but somehow with that big advancement in manufacturing, we don't want the pricing to change. You can speculate until you're blue in the face on cartels, price fixing, taking advantage of limited inventory, but the fact is the pricing on the replicas, or for that matter, any product is going to be market driven. Hell, I'm in real estate, I oughta know about setting prices based on inventory and what the public is willing to pay and have no guilt, its my living.

Ken, I know you sell replica (knock-off) products on the side and pretty much price them where you can sell them but I don't think you are really doing us any favors or you wouldn't be selling them to just be a nice guy. Its what we are willing to pay you, or what you think we are willing to pay you for the products that sets the prices. Its a little hypocritical to grouse about these dealers becoming rich, its capitalism, they should be shot for what they are doing in a communist country, making a better living far beyond the average worker. Why do they do it, because they can, why do we buy from them, because we can. It would be nice if the replica watch industry was regulated with price controls like other legit items, but its not.

The first computer for my home cost us $6,000 in 1992, we had to have one, yeah it felt great but not elitist. Today computers are like candy, we purchase for peanuts and toss out when they break rather than fix them. The supply became so great, the prices have dropped dramatically. I just wish the same was for Aston Martins! :lol:

Omni as usual of course your words are wise and no offense is taken at all and I realise now that I have read your reply that I did in fact choose my own words poorly.

I really don't have any time for a rehash at the moment as I am stepping out the door but i will say that dealers were only let on these forums to satisfy the members want and maybe a policy of rotating dealers may have kept them honest.........I don't know the answer I just know that more and more the people who stumble on our sites now and in the future are going to lump us with the other high price sites and keep on moving.

Then the forums stop doing what they were in fact set up for.

Ken

I don't know the answer I just know that more and more the people who stumble on our sites now and in the future are going to lump us with the other high price sites and keep on moving.

Then the forums stop doing what they were in fact set up for.

Ken

I agree with you somewhat on a face value of the high pricing. However, you forget that these replica collecting sites do discuss with very open reviews, the different replica sites and in-house trusted dealers with no mercy, that is way different than the scam sites and scam forums. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these are consumer advocate forums with unbiased views so I see no danger of RWG.cc losing out to the scammers. People will stay because truth is spoken and it shows. Besides, this place has good moderators. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Omni I concur, I most likely have a bee in my bonnet because i know the prices don't have to be this high, but again it's all supply and demand.

We would have a Super Mod team if you were on it Omni :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

I agree this forum really benefits the members. When I got my first replica I wasn't aware of this forum yet. True enough it wasn't such a good deal I got from my watch as there are some obvious flaws which I only came to know when I discovered this forum.

Next, I think IWC cousteau diver is also from the same maker as the HBB. Price wise also on the high side and running on asia 7750 too. Does anyone has any comments on that? Or does anyone find that its a much better buy compared to HBB? The reason is that I saw both watches and each has its own beauty except price is on the high side.

I had a chance to see one of these newest RG BBs in Shenzhen today. The dial is sharper than the previous versions and the finish is still amazing. But that dealer asked me for 12000 RMB so I basically told her to go screw herself (no joke).
Well, if Thomasng got asked the equivalent of $1586 USD on the street, it shows that even if he was expected to bargain down the normal 50% it would still be an $800 watch, even in China. The only way these are going to keep demanding a high price is if it remains one sole manufacturer and that manufacturer limits production, highly unlikely. Lets hope it goes the way of the first good Panerai pricings a few years ago. It also shows that the trusted dealers from our collectors forums do not have exclusive selling of the product and that the high price is not limited to them and our forums. Thanks for the insight Thomasng. These super-reps have got to be pissing off Hublot & Co.

Hmmm. My .2c...

Nice looking watch. One question though. On of the inside lugs was shown with a blow up of the text. The other lug also has text, but it is not blown up. To me, it appears to read 'Titanium'. Would this marking be on the gen watch?

Personally, I think this is just another case of the Cartel trying to rip people off, but, it is good to see people standing their ground and saying they would not buy from them. Note how Angus has not addressed any of the requests to justify the price difference. If King (Cartel dealer) can sell the watch for $600, what's the excuse for another Cartel dealer to sell it for $800. Exhange rate fluctuatios are possibly a factor, but not that big a factor.

Yes, it looks like a nice watch, but, as CC pointed out, seeing someone wearing a genuine one is highly unlikely. To the comment about it looking almost spot on to the genuine watch: That's awesome, the watch is an accurate rep. But. People still get called out for wearing accurate reps if they look like they couldn't afford the genuine watch... They're judged on their own appearance, not primarily the appearance of the watch...

As for the value of comparing $800 to a $1400 purchase... If someone is getting more product, then obviously it is a better deal. Just becuse someone will spend $1400 on several watches, that does not mean they would justify spending $800 on one individual watch. Another factor which comes into this, is the person's attitude and philosphy on wearing their watches. Do they have one favorite watch which is worn most of the time, only to be swapped out for a 'special occasion', or, are they someone who likes to change their watch to match their outfit? If they are someone who frequently swaps out their watches, so would not necessarily give one watch priority wrist time, then obviously they would question the value of something of the higher price, which they know will hardly be worn. $800 is a lot of money for something which will only collect dust on a shelf waiting to be worn...

Personally, I think this is just another case of the Cartel trying to rip people off, but, it is good to see people standing their ground and saying they would not buy from them. Note how Angus has not addressed any of the requests to justify the price difference. If King (Cartel dealer) can sell the watch for $600, what's the excuse for another Cartel dealer to sell it for $800. Exhange rate fluctuatios are possibly a factor, but not that big a factor.

King? it better not be that cct... site cuz that price quote is the same, $800

$600 ya right.. :thumbdown:

King? it better not be that cct... site cuz that price quote is the same, $800

$600 ya right.. :thumbdown:

King. one of the four dealers who make up the Cartel (Andrew, Angus, Joshua and King) I'm not sure what her site is, but I'm sure someone in this thread said she was offering it for $600...

I knew I wasn't imagining things, here's the post :

I was quoted 600 shipped from King a couple of weeks back be interested to know why there is a 200 usd margin from other dealers or if King aligned to the upper price witch would be totally unethical....

600 is a hell lot... 800 is stupid for an asian.

Swiss 7753 watches are cheaper!!!

But again you have to remember that the USD is at a all time low and every seller labelling it's price in USD is revising them to compensate for the lowering currency. Too bad for US buyers... but for us outiside US we can buy more products labelled in USD...for cheaper..

For exemple I paid my Monaco 1990 USD in dec. 2005 and it is now priced 2720! But In Euros there is only a 300

King. one of the four dealers who make up the Cartel (Andrew, Angus, Joshua and King) I'm not sure what her site is, but I'm sure someone in this thread said she was offering it for $600...

I knew I wasn't imagining things, here's the post :

yea, it's wrong ^^

everyone has it for around $800..

i read that too and that's why i contacted 'king' and inquired

yea, it's wrong ^^

everyone has it for around $800..

i read that too and that's why i contacted 'king' and inquired

So basically, she upped her price to the rest of the Cartel. Doesn't surprize me... Oh well, I hope you enjoy the watch :)

So basically, she upped her price to the rest of the Cartel. Doesn't surprize me... Oh well, I hope you enjoy the watch :)

thank you ^^ I haven't had any regrets so far, only because of the sheer amount of information i digest before each purchase :black_eye:

the sad part is I had my eyes set on a custom-pam project (custom painted dial) but right now that's gonna have to take a backseat for a bit.. lol $800 is a dent no matter how i balance my budget

thank you ^^ I haven't had any regrets so far, only because of the sheer amount of information i digest before each purchase :black_eye:

the sad part is I had my eyes set on a custom-pam project (custom painted dial) but right now that's gonna have to take a backseat for a bit.. lol $800 is a dent no matter how i balance my budget

I know that feeling. I've had a project 2531.80 SMP on the back burner for about 6 months now as I've been more concerned with buying 'completed' watches. Infact, I'm likely to start (and finish) my GMT Submariner project before I even think about the Omega project.