When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Case

PureTime

According to my new rep mania way of thinking, I'd much rather spend $800 on a genuine Rolex 1570 movement to drop into my MBW 1665 than waste that much on a plated, Asian 7750 replica of a watch that needs plenty of other props to pull off at a party. I'm an MD who's married to an MD and I can tell you that among my economic tribe, solid gold, niche, luxury pieces are pretty rare. Every once in a while you'll see a "churn em and burn em" orthopedic surgeon who puts in 16 hours a day wearing an outrageous piece but for the most part, we're talking watches for $10,000 and under and 90% of those are less than $2000. I've never understood the rep buying crown who gobbles up pieces that go for 20-30-$60,000 as genuines. Unless you're Leo DeCaprio or Trump Jr, who's going to believe you drive a Ford and wear a $30,000 Breuget?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a black bezel one that is being fixed now and had its issues with the chronos..only got to wear it for a day...its wasnt the end of the world...bottom line is if you like the watch and can sort of afford it...its so close to the orginal that to some its worth the higher cost....however there are other great reps at a better deal as we all know.....its just like designer clothes in some cases...maybe its not made THAT much better...but theres somehing about it that is worth it to you so you spend the extra dough which the demand has caused and when you lok at it it makes it worth it...either way a few years back people on here would have paid $1000 for this thing. We are lucky to have great reps even if sometimes they are priced too high for our liking. I have to say that in person it SCREAMS Genuine and will fool owners of the genuine...very well done as long as the movement doesnt bust and the screws dont fall out.. =)

LOL ...comeo ne dealers or factory owner...if they keepp giving this kind of price...by looking at it ..now im starting to look at gen .. at that kind of price...SINN fortiss more steady and good looking..i even can get U1 for 900 used good condition damnn reps..getting higher and higher..because some people have a lot of money to buy any reps that are come out instantly without thinking the impact of the price..dammit ..so exp

Everybody can gripe all they want to. But reality is that they will either sell enough at the current price or prices will ultimately fall to the level where dealers can clean out inventory. At some point dealer liquidity dries out if they have a number of models that don't sell well. Perhaps this is one. Or perhaps you don't care. :lol:

Crap, I decided to spend my money on a iphone instead! and am very happy as I look at it everyday along with my gen watches. The latest being a gen Corum chrono that I got for about a $1k, a 60% discount. Yeah, I feel good; no cheap asian movement with quality issues for $800 here baby;-).

I will keep my MBW 1665 with swiss movement and next will be a MBW patek (swiss) or MBW AP ROO - all more reliable, better QC, as accurate and CHEAPER than the HBB nonsense.

800$ for this is OK, but 800$ for a plated-gold Bestswiss.com Submariner is a SCAM?

My opinion about this is, that the dealers could not sell any Rolex watch for lets say 800, because there are a bunch of factories making them and a bunch of people have access to it.

But now, there is only ONE facotry making this watch, and there is only a certain group of people (some refer to it as the cartell) that have access to it. So they can pretty much dictate the prices.

Same goes for BestSwiss.com. They can charge whatever they want, because people who go there dont know better.

In my opinion this is the same SCAM as bestswiss.com and idealwatches.

Well I certainly do not love the prices. But I would differentiate it from Best Swiss. Best Swiss is selling something which is readily available elsewhere for better prices or better quality for similar prices. The fact is that if you want a rep HBB there is only one source at present. Monopoly pricing is what it is. At least by referring to this forum you know what the pros and cons are and can make an informed decision. If you want to own this now you have to buy from a dealer who is in turn buying from only one source. If these things sell well perhaps other manufacturers will step in. I think back to the original 7753 196's (far better watches of course). It started out with one factory and then another stepped in. Perhaps a better analogy is the $800 Honpo 187 which ultimately led to a $250 version with better movement but lousy aesthetics.

I was quoted 600 shipped from King a couple of weeks back be interested to know why there is a 200 usd margin from other dealers or if King aligned to the upper price witch would be totally unethical....

600 is a hell lot... 800 is stupid for an asian.

Swiss 7753 watches are cheaper!!!

But again you have to remember that the USD is at a all time low and every seller labelling it's price in USD is revising them to compensate for the lowering currency. Too bad for US buyers... but for us outiside US we can buy more products labelled in USD...for cheaper..

For exemple I paid my Monaco 1990 USD in dec. 2005 and it is now priced 2720! But In Euros there is only a 300

To me, the US dollar dropping has been pretty beneficial- I use a Canadian credit card and I've been paying probably 20-30% less for my replicas compared to a year ago, but selling my pre-owned pieces sucks because I have to base my prices in US dollars, and I really can't raise my prices because no one will buy them if they're too much US$.

Anyways- $800 is way too much for this piece, considering it's only gold plated and will have a limited life, $600 or so was already too much for the ceramic HBB (which I ended up buying), but this is just madness.

Very nice watch. If only they made it with solid rose gold. Can't see myself buying a watch at 800$ to render it useless by a stupid scratch or regular 2 year use.. (2yr is just a guess, I have seen no feed back on the quality of the plating yet)

This version and a proper black magic are the versions of the HBB that I am most interested in.

[rant mode]

I will not be buying it now... Too many watches, only one wrist. Too many hobbies, only one wallet. (anyone into astronomy around here? ouch..) The price is right... if you know that this is the case for undeveloped markets and early adopters paying the premium. Since there is only one factory, how can there be real competition? Especially when the middle men have come in a golden balance. And for the conscious early adopters, I have nothing but respect for the people who buy at this price. And for the QC risks in the first batches, they should get hero status in our community. :) And for those who are not aware what they are buying into, (the constant influx of green people) all I can say is do everybody a favor: read before you buy. You are pushing prices up and you are lowering the standards by not being a informed client.

The dealers and factories are in for a profit, right? I see no problem with that. They might be friendly and sound considering, but all good sales men are like that. If you think they are getting greedy and they are selling you junk at premium price, then speak up for the good of the community but in the end, the only thing you can do is vote with your wallet.

[/rant mode]

Back to the original poster. Thank you for the nice pictures and for making an effort to bring us better watches.

I purchased Davidsens fiddy last November for 350. and it is a superb watch that I have been very happy with. The Big Bang is really a stunning looking watch and I have seen this gen in rose gold with the black ceramic bezel many times, and chose it as the one I wanted if it were to be repped. For the price of 2 fiddys I can have this watch, it's beautiful, and is a design that hits a home run for me, so the cost is not that much of an issue. I sell fine art for a living and always tell my clients that if you love the work and it is in your budget then by all means reward yourself for your hardwork and buy it. So, there won't be any price complaints from me and I hope that the watch I get comes without any problems. Andrew has always been good to me and I feel good about buying this piece from him.

Not trying to pile on;just doing some math. I'd be much more likely to pay $1850 for a solid 18k piece, which even at today's gold prices would provide plenty of profit, than $800 for an electroplated, asia 7750 powered, decent but not amazing rep. After all, if the price of the watch were where it should be, I certainly wouldn't ming investing an a little gold and storing it on my wrist.

I am seriously, seriously tempted to buy this watch..

yes i think it's pricey, but whateva.. it's simply gorgeous

let's face it.. some of you guys make out $800 to be something crazy

but then i see people posting how they've just bought like 4 PAM's from Davidsen for example, and each one is like $400 = $1600 total and somehow, that is ok but spending $800 is not?

I don't know.. to each his her own..

some people are addicted to reps and buy repeatedly, they don't seem to add up how much they've just spent in a month or two but somehow, dropping $800 for one purchase borders on crazy? I don't get it..

me personally, I have 1 rep (UPO) and 1 rep for my dad ($95 Rolex YM) but I am tempted as hell to try and sell my UPO to recoup some money and then just buy this beauty of a watch

the only thing that stops me is that anyone who knows Hublot knows how much they worth and can probably call you out wearing a fake if they so choose.. so yea I kinda like to fly under the radar a bit :thumbsupsmileyanim: and Hublot is anything but subtle

the quality of those watches just sucks (read The Zigmeisters posts). there is NO justification whatsoever for 800$. that is why!

I for example buy a lot of beer. There is no justification for me to pay MORE (3x as much) for a beer that does not taste as good as a cheaper beer just because the more expensive one has a fancy bottle.

I am seriously, seriously tempted to buy this watch..

yes i think it's pricey, but whateva.. it's simply gorgeous

Needless-to-say you haven't been reading the authoritative reviews on this #^$*%# "thing." You want an over priced show piece or a watch? Try one of the new TX watches if you want a show piece with a lot of glitch, and, to boot, IT WORKS!

Needless-to-say you haven't been reading the authoritative reviews on this #^$*%# "thing." You want an over priced show piece or a watch? Try one of the new TX watches if you want a show piece with a lot of glitch, and, to boot, IT WORKS!

it's the other way around, I'm actually very informed

and btw, The Zigmeister did not say the watch is crap, he said the inner details were not up to par, basically he said the outer materials are ferrari quality and inside's bad

you guys make it out to be a condemnation of the entire watch, but that's not even the point

the point is, i find it ridiculously stupid for people for example to buy 6 PAM's at $400 a piece... and have it sit and gather dust, maybe that's the collecting aspect, i dunno but i see that as wasting $1600 or maybe even more

anyone who buys this HBB has a showcase piece which will be worn .. hey like someone else in the thread said who already bought a $400+ pam, the HBB is jus like buying another

anyhows, to each his/her own, but from someone who calls it as he sees it, i just don't understand why people can drop $1200 for 3 reps only 1 of which actually gets worn but would visibly flinch at the mention of an $800 HBB which they would die for if sold at $400

it's the other way around, I'm actually very informed

and btw, The Zigmeister did not say the watch is crap, he said the inner details were not up to par, basically he said the outer materials are ferrari quality and inside's bad

you guys make it out to be a condemnation of the entire watch, but that's not even the point

the point is, i find it ridiculously stupid for people for example to buy 6 PAM's at $400 a piece... and have it sit and gather dust, maybe that's the collecting aspect, i dunno but i see that as wasting $1600 or maybe even more

anyone who buys this HBB has a showcase piece which will be worn .. hey like someone else in the thread said who already bought a $400+ pam, the HBB is jus like buying another

anyhows, to each his/her own, but from someone who calls it as he sees it, i just don't understand why people can drop $1200 for 3 reps only 1 of which actually gets worn but would visibly flinch at the mention of an $800 HBB which they would die for if sold at $400

Well said Tom, I concur with your POV and will be having this fantastic watch on my wrist soon. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well said Tom, I concur with your POV and will be having this fantastic watch on my wrist soon. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I myself am ordering one.. :black_eye:

-do i find it overpriced? yes

-am i aware of the crappy 'innards'? yes

-gold plated? yes

etc etc etc, it doesn't really matter.. i'm not interested before in Hublot until this one.. and frankly, i cannot explain it

it's like art, or poetry.. when you explain it, it becomes banal, more important than the explanation are the feelings and emotions are the things it reveals in the eyes of someone open enough to understand it

that's what this HBB is to me.. there's just "Something" about the combination and colors and style that speaks to me.. and $800, as pricey as i admit it is.. isn't really that much considering how many reps i buy (aka not as much as you other folks)

my main worry are these:

-servicing the movement :wounded1:

-having someone who knows about Hublot, see the beauty of the wrist and basically know you wearing a fake cuz there's no way you wearing a $10,000+ watch... right? right? :X LOL but i already got an excuse for that, it's just a movie prop for a movie we're makin on youtube :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And as long as there are still many people like Tom here (and there is) buying these watches are these way over inflated prices they will continue to stay high.

I say if people had some sense they would collectively vote with their wallets and refuse to pay these prices, believe me they will soon come down.

Ken

And as long as there are still many people like Tom here (and there is) buying these watches are these way over inflated prices they will continue to stay high.

I say if people had some sense they would collectively vote with their wallets and refuse to pay these prices, believe me they will soon come down.

Ken

yea, can't explain it myself really :whistling: never was interested in HBB at these prices even when the "Black Magic" came out.. but there's something about this particular piece I had to have

in spite of all the things wrong with it -.- but like I said, I guess I'm not as big a collector as some of y'all..

...either that, or I just choose to spend my money more strictly, ie: get 1 Hublot at this ridiculous price than get 2/3/4+ PAM's at $400 a pop

Ken

Makes sense to me. Individually, I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to buy this watch, or, for that matter any watch that would require the A7750 to perform multi-functions. For the most part the A7750 tells decent time. I have a couple of them, but they only deal with the hours and seconds. Works pretty good, too. I'd rather spend my cash on a few MBW's, which I have, and get some quality. But, if you want just a show piece on your wrist to dazzle them (until someone has one calls you down) then go for it. Your cash, your loss. Tim