When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Case

PureTime

Yup... King did offer it for $600.00... like 2 weeks ago.

hmm, curious.. did anyone order that? I wonder what would've happened..

wonder if they really would get one shipped for that or whatnot

anyone actually get that from King? $600 is indeed a 'bargain'

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...After scanning through this loooong thread, I don't think the "sunken date wheel" question was ever addressed?

Does this "new super rep" still suffer from the sunken date wheel?

Or, did I miss this in the thread somewhere... :huh:

Ok...After scanning through this loooong thread, I don't think the "sunken date wheel" question was ever addressed?

IT is the same as the other HBB reps.

King did indeed quote me with a 600usd price about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I did not invent that price just to add fuel to the fire!

I'm sure, I'm just curious what would've happened if you went and placed an order.. would the $600 be honored or would it be changed to

"friend:

hi,is usd 798 have stock"

^^ I'm jus curious, is all

@TomRiddle what makes you think that a quote that you received would be the same as Halley's?

Halley is an old and respected member and has an involvement with these boards that predates my own, there is not the slightest doubt in my mind that he was quoted $600 and that if he followed through with the deal it would have been honored.

In fact I would be very surprised if the offer was raised even if he was to approach King now.

Ken

DuDro, the sunken date wheel is also on the genuine so the HBB rep is accurate on the dial side except for the date font. Angus's picture looks like it doesn't have a sunken date wheel but the other dealer's pictures clearly show sunken date wheel.

@TomRiddle what makes you think that a quote that you received would be the same as Halley's?

Halley is an old and respected member and has an involvement with these boards that predates my own, there is not the slightest doubt in my mind that he was quoted $600 and that if he followed through with the deal it would have been honored.

In fact I would be very surprised if the offer was raised even if he was to approach King now.

Ken

What Ken wrote is probably right appart that I'm probably not as involved as I was in the past, shame on me for letting down my passion for so long, so I do not deserve any respect here, I'm still a noob in a lot of ways...

I'm pretty sure King would have honored the deal at 600$ if I followed, in fact I've dealt wih him/her more than a few times...and always been more than accomodating even when I changed order during process for a cheaper watch....AFTER payment!!

Still I'm pretty sure that the 200$ mark up is not justified from the SS versions... nothing but the Gold plating is added to the SS/ceramic HBB and if you compare the price of other SS rep and their RG counterparts, you never see a 200 difference...

I too am smitten by this watch. I also agree that the price seems inflated for the 7750 movement. However, the argument of asking or advising others not to purchase a watch to see if the price will come down is foolishness. the market will bear what the market will bear and normal economic pressures will determine where the price will fall. My concern is really related to the gold plating - will it hold up? The black magic is more interesting to me at this point.

However, I want the SFSO, VC overseas, Aquanaut, GMT Pepsi, Fiddy, 187, Arktos, Spitfire, Santos, Roadster, Calastrava 5127 and the list goes on.

If you have the dough and feel informed buy what you want.

Suspect from what I am reading most are holding back at this point - I think I will look more black magic and have to asign priorities for my preferences (likly SFSO next)

Edited by hoochman

I too am smitten by this watch. I also agree that the price seems inflated for the 7750 movement. However, the argument of asking or advising others not to purchase a watch to see if the price will come down is foolishness. the market will bear what the market will bear and normal economic pressures will determine where the price will fall. My concern is really related to the gold plating - will it hold up? The black magic is more interesting to me at this point.

However, I want the SFSO, VC overseas, Aquanaut, GMT Pepsi, Fiddy, 187, Arktos, Spitfire, Santos, Roadster, Calastrava 5127 and the list goes on.

If you have the dough and feel informed buy what you want.

Suspect from what I am reading most are holding back at this point - I think I will look more black magic and have to asign priorities for my preferences (likly SFSO next)

actually from talking to dealers, it seems this watch has been the most popular in terms of HBB editions so far, even moreso than the 'failed' Black Magic.. the amount of "pre-orders" that have come thru even though the dealers have mentioned that stock hasn't come in yet (until this past Monday) is more than surprising..

my personal reservations bordered on two things

1. the gold plating, but that's fine i'll risk it..

2. servicing the watch

^^ but oh well, like i said.. none of the HBB's appealed to me until this one, there's jus something about this combination for my taste so.. conscious decision i made

just think about it.

for 800$ you could get a PS3 and a Nintendo Wii.

Just THINK for a second. HBB.... PS3/Wii..... HBB....PS3/Wii

notice anything? No? D'oh! Yes? Exactly. WHATS THE F=CK1N JUSTIFICATION? Chinese people are soooo greedy, its not funny anymore! I hope They wont make a dime with that watch and get f'ed up by a Hit-Squad paid by Mr. Biver.

I'd like to hear from the dealers why such a large price difference is justified:

Standard Big Bang: $428

Ceramic Bezel: $598

Gold: $768

Why does a Ceramic bezel cost $170? Why does gold plating cost $170? The difference in price between a ss breitling bently and gold bently is only $10 or $20. Is this some super special extra thick gold plate? Nothing of this size would cost $200 to plate at any thickness.

I wish I was able to find the post where The Zigmeister talked about the effect of the transfer gears with the HBB...can't find it anywhere. I had always assumed that it wasn't that big an issue, being that the second hand position was un-altered.

It seemed intuitive to me that the biggest problems would be as a result of the stress of moving that primary function.

What I can't get over with these watches/prices, is that they aren't serviced. If you're going to charge gen-like prices, then you should pay some cheap Chinese labour to service the asian movement as it is on the production line.

I have said that before, and I will keep saying it. I see no reason why they shouldn't be servicing those movements and passing it on to the consumer at cost. I don't think we would see the level of indignation about these prices that we do, if they were serviced watches.

We all know that the A7750 is a roll-of-the-dice if it is not serviced. To have that degree of risk associated with a rep of this cost is what is really galling people. It's not the premium on the ceramic bezel or the rose-gold plating (in my judgment). That too is inflated, but I don't think it's at the core of why people are angry about this.

Super rep Factory listen up:

You need to service these asian 7750 movements while they are being installed, or whenever it is convenient for you. Charge us the $50 that it will cost you in Chinese labour. Pass it onto us. Increase the cost of your watches by $50.

People don't get as upset about the price increase as they do about the fact that the you're charging gen prices for watches that may crap out in a year. We'll pay the $$ for the good reps, if we know they're not time-bombs.

Look at the premium you're getting on the SFSO's. Don't tell me that the price of the ETA movement is twice as much as the entire asian version of the rep. And yet...people are still willing to buy those in higher %'s because they know they're getting something that will last.

The rep factory has failed to bring the finishing and production values of the super-reps in line with the reliability. I was willing to let that go for a while, because I understood that the 'super-reps' are a departure from the old business model of selling reps (basically, you invest in what's on the outside of the watch that will sell it visually). However, I think we should seriously boy-cott this [censored] in a systematic way until what's inside the watch catches up to this new business model.

You've had long enough to bring the reliability issue into alignment with your pricing.

lol i bet they do get serviced. though only by chinese people who are no The Zigmeisters lol

When I brought up the idea before, that was the general response- and while I have no doubt that they wouldn't be as skilled as The Zigmeister, I don't think it invalidates the potential value it would have. Even if it was a slightly less professional job, as long as it involved a full disassembly, and used a variety of oils, etc... I can't imagine that the difference would be so signfiicant as to make it a worthless process.

Others suggested that there's no way of verifying it was getting done...but if you're a factory owner, and you're specifying what you want done, and eat the cost of the materials and are willing to pay more than 35cents an hour for the labour, then my guess is that we're incorrect to suggest that their system of accountability is any different than our own. We all know there are shady automechanics that charge for parts that aren't needed, etc.... but unless we're going to unravel the social fabric, we've got to believe that it's reasonable to assume that it's possible that work unseen may still be done, even if difficult to verify ourselves.

No one has been able to come up with a reason why this wouldn't work that I felt was satisfactory. I'm still waiting.

I am quite certain that any watchsmith worth his salt can sevice the HBB just fine. I just bought one and it is close to 800 bucks, and so what? I really fail to see what all the whining is about the price of this watch. Is the uproar because those who are complaining about it simply cannot afford it? I am starting to think so :D

I am quite certain that any watchsmith worth his salt can sevice the HBB just fine. I just bought one and it is close to 800 bucks, and so what? I really fail to see what all the whining is about the price of this watch. Is the uproar because those who are complaining about it simply cannot afford it? I am starting to think so :D

:lol:

I don't think it's a question of not being able to afford it...

If your watch craps out on you within a year, I'll be curious to see whether you have the same opinion as you're voicing now... :rolleyes:

At least in terms of my own perception, it was never an issue of the price from the stand point of complaining about the premium for the rose-gold and the bezel...it was an issue of the lack of reliability of the movement, as it relates to the price.

People will pay what they're willing to pay. I have no problem with a free market...people like yourself make people like myself rich via the stockmarket by purchasing tech stocks in '00 at bubble prices that are totally disconnected to the intrinsic value of the stock. When the stock crashes, or when the $800 HBB craps out, I wonder whose judgment of value will ultimately prevail?

And you might even say that those who are smart enough to save their money in the face of poor value are more likely to have the $$ to buy one, should they want one....because that same value-intelligence that keeps them safe and away from such moves, likely correlates with the other financial areas of their life.....but I digress... :victory:

:lol:

I don't think it's a question of not being able to afford it...

If your watch craps out on you within a year, I'll be curious to see whether you have the same opinion as you're voicing now... :rolleyes:

At least in terms of my own perception, it was never an issue of the price from the stand point of complaining about the premium for the rose-gold and the bezel...it was an issue of the lack of reliability of the movement, as it relates to the price.

People will pay what they're willing to pay. I have no problem with a free market...people like yourself make people like myself rich via the stockmarket by purchasing tech stocks in '00 at bubble prices that are totally disconnected to the intrinsic value of the stock. When the stock crashes, or when the $800 HBB craps out, I wonder whose judgment of value will ultimately prevail?

And you might even say that those who are smart enough to save their money in the face of poor value are more likely to have the $$ to buy one, should they want one....because that same value-intelligence that keeps them safe and away from such moves, likely correlates with the other financial areas of their life.....but I digress... :victory:

You know I don't think it is an issue of being smart enough to spend a persons money wisely or not, I totally say screw that mindset....Life is short, way to short and if someone wants to save their money and [censored] and moan about this and that then fine let them, not me, I will enjoy myself, and if the thing falls apart in a year, tough s**t, it made me happy for that long. :nopity:

BTW I don't play the stock market. I find most stock brokers to unbearable pretentious jackasses, and as I have tried to put across, I spend my time and money on things that please me and leave my investm,ents in real estate.

well, from my experience finding a good watchsmith is like finding the perfect wife or your biggest love.

I mean I got watches back from watchsmiths that had freakin dust on the dial. I mean HELLO?

Trying to remove the dust messed up one of my watches movements (DW mystery movement) and made the watch more or less worthless.