When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a genuine painted 112 dial

ravishingrick

Hi,

I want to build a Franken PAM 112g with a gen dial.

Anyone have an idea where a OEM Panerai black painted base dial could be sourced?

Regards,

RR.

In other words, V could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you! :ph34r:

:rolleyes: But there once was a member that sourced a OEM PAM3 and PAM115 dial :whistling: so there are some PAM dials on the market.

:rolleyes: But there once was a member that sourced a OEM PAM3 and PAM115 dial :whistling: so there are some PAM dials on the market.

Well there may be 1 or 2 PAM03 dials at the moment out there.. There were 5-6 of them.

I got the lefty 22 dial and I have put in the right direction Chronus to get a genuine 029 dial.

But that's it. In the last 3 years there was no other dial available on the market.

You asked specifically for 112 dial and nowhere is the correct answer.

Even though if there was a slight chance to be on the market don't you think I would have bought it for myself? :whistling:

Last I checked with him (about 6 months ago) he did have a 118 dial. Tobacco and painted.

Yeah, but these days I think he occasionally parts out watches as opposed to sources parts. It's interesting that he had a 118 dial 6 months ago--he sold a 118 case-set on ebay two months later and "sourced" a handwind movment for a (rich) aquaintance of mine a couple weeks after that. Wonder where the hands are...

BTW, V, if you can "point me in right direction" of some OEM parts, I have a blank check in front of me!

i have the best 112 and 111 painted dials here.. they are modified with smoothed indices of my "super c2" mix and baseplates are g7m lumed for the brightest, longest lume charge to date from a modified dial. please contact me if you want one of these.. i only have a few.... the lume charge is brighter and longer than my genuines. the color is a near exact match.

sorry for the quick shots.. i am using my mac which has bad photo software and no tripod.. just wanted to show a fast pic set. i know the pics suck...

284752-9209.jpg

284752-9210.jpg

284752-9211.jpg

284752-9212.jpg

284752-9213.jpg

i have the best 112 and 111 painted dials here.. they are modified with smoothed indices of my "super c2" mix and baseplates are g7m lumed for the brightest, longest lume charge to date from a modified dial. please contact me if you want one of these.. i only have a few.... the lume charge is brighter and longer than my genuines. the color is a near exact match.

sorry for the quick shots.. i am using my mac which has bad photo software and no tripod.. just wanted to show a fast pic set. i know the pics suck...

Sorry Chris but I believe that the rep dials with the OEM have a big difference.. In the OEM the lume is sitting BELOW the face of the dial... but with the hand painted lume on rep dials it sits MUCH higher than the dial plate.

SOmething like the difference of engraved and embossed.

I think you had an OEM painted 001/111 dial from nother member and you can understand the difference.

284850-9105.jpg

Sorry Chris but I believe that the rep dials with the OEM have a big difference.. In the OEM the lume is sitting BELOW the face of the dial... but with the hand painted lume on rep dials it sits MUCH higher than the dial plate.

SOmething like the difference of engraved and embossed.

I think you had an OEM painted 001/111 dial from nother member and you can understand the difference.

285314-8769.jpg

yes v you are exactly right.. this is why i am using sandwich dials as a base then filling the indices with lume.. looks closest to gen this way. the "sausage" dials just look wrong..

The genuine 'painted' dials are actually a sandwich construction too, only the top, black layer is almost paper thin. This is why the lume appears to be recessed below the dial surface as Kostas (V) says. He's also right when he says that a gen 112 dial isn't available - if it was I'd buy it. I have a one of the gen 003 Tritium dials which I haven't built into a watch yet, but The Zigmeister has built my preA 001 with a gen crown etc - it's a gem.

What about getting a proper rep dial made, with correct fonts etc. as a special project?????????

The genuine 'painted' dials are actually a sandwich construction too, only the top, black layer is almost paper thin. This is why the lume appears to be recessed below the dial surface as Kostas (V) says. He's also right when he says that a gen 112 dial isn't available - if it was I'd buy it. I have a one of the gen 003 Tritium dials which I haven't built into a watch yet, but The Zigmeister has built my preA 001 with a gen crown etc - it's a gem.

What about getting a proper rep dial made, with correct fonts etc. as a special project?????????

Well that's a thought.. We have to convince thought a maker to do it.. And not Davidsen.. because he will get it right (IF) after 10 runs :p

yes v you are exactly right.. this is why i am using sandwich dials as a base then filling the indices with lume.. looks closest to gen this way. the "sausage" dials just look wrong..

Yes Chris you are right.. that is the ONLY way to achieve a painted lume effect close to the OEM.. or hand engrave the indexes and then fill them with lume.. but that requires a week work for each dial :p

I got my 111 back from flav (it's the one in his pics) all I can say is WOW!! The dial is awesome blindingly bright along with cannon pin, and lever mod it has become my daily wearer. I can vouch for the quality if you've been looking for a "painted" dial give one of Flav's a try you won't be disapointed.

• 1 month later...

I know for sure that Lello is in touch with a dial printer who claims to be able to make any perfect dial anyone wants (not for cheap, though).

Lello is currently wondering on whether there may be any interest enough on some projects this kind.

So, if you are interested and you show your interest to him, he might want to take some steps about it.

I know for sure that Lello is in touch with a dial printer who claims to be able to make any perfect dial anyone wants (not for cheap, though).

Lello is currently wondering on whether there may be any interest enough on some projects this kind.

So, if you are interested and you show your interest to him, he might want to take some steps about it.

I'd certainly be in for any and all dials available w/ corrected "A's" and accurate superlume. Lello can name his price.

I'd certainly be in for any and all dials available w/ corrected "A's"

I had no doubt about it, my friend! :lol: