When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Victoria Beckham

jfreeman420

I caught some of the show coming to America last night. Made me so sick I had to change the channel within 2 minutes. What is wrong with this woman? She has to be the most annoying person to ever be on TV aside from Fran Drescher and Rosie Odonnel.

Why does she get a tv show? Isn't she just some washed up [censored] who is partly reponsible for the most infectious and annoying song ever to hit the airways? Has she even done anything else? This is really aggrivating me. It seems that US TV has sunken to a new low with this piece of UK trash. She isn't even a real celebrity. Who the hel watches this [censored]?

The good news is I caught one of the best new shows on TV last night "Mad Men" on AMC. This looks quite promissing. The cast is great, writing is witty and the story line is fresh. This is the same channel that airs the british series "Hustle" which is one good import from the UK I also find extremely entertaining.

All I could guess about Victoria is that the UK tossed her out and we are now stuck with her. Shame on you guys.

While I can't fault the remainder of your rant, I do take umbrage at this line.

She isn't even a real celebrity.

What is a real celebrity? She was exceedingly well-known as a singer as part of the Spice Girls who released three albums and sold 53 million records and part of a multi-year media firestorm. If she's not a celebrity then no-one is.

I'm not saying she's that talented, but she's without a doubt a by-the-book definition celebrity.

Bad news for the Beckhams', for they are about to find out that most Americans don't give a damn about Soccer or the Spice Girls. For all of the soccer fans out there, don't get me wrong, I love my World Cup, but here in the states, American football is king, and the Spice Girls are yesterday's news..

Bad news for the Beckhams', for they are about to find out that most Americans don't give a damn about Soccer or the Spice Girls. For all of the soccer fans out there, don't get me wrong, I love my World Cup, but here in the states, American football is king, and the Spice Girls are yesterday's news..

Ok, will you be willing to bet on their failure? I'll take that bet. You lot are going to start to become Soccer fans and the Spice Girls reunion will cause a mini-resurgence of Spice Fever in the US.

Shame, but that's the way of things. :D

"One piece of advice, make the nets smaller" - Dan Rydell, Sports Night.

Not so sure about that EK. Soccer is the fastest growing sport among our youth. Beckam is selling more tickets at any stadium that the Galaxy are playing. For instance, I have never been to a New England Revolution game. I am taking my kid to the Galaxy game next month.

I also hear that Victoria and the girls are starting a reunion tour :whistling:

But, those silicon implants she has :yuk:

She isn't even a real celebrity.

She is in Europe, where she used to live...

Who the hell watches this [censored]?

Well... You did, obviously :lol:

All I could guess about Victoria is that the UK tossed her out and we are now stuck with her. Shame on you guys.

This is a revenge, it took us more than 10 years to send back Celine Dion :bleh:

284990-9038.jpg

We have also got your Gwyneth Paltrow who has no plans to leave, she says how much she likes the U.K. because the "English are so amusing at dinner parties."

And you have also sent us the Chrysler Sebring WTF is that about

I think we left some money on the table!

:wounded1:

We have also got your Gwyneth Paltrow who has no plans to leave, she says how much she likes the U.K. because the "English are so amusing at dinner parties."

I think we left some money on the table!

:wounded1:

We'll throw in Madonna at no cost.....

If you take back the Teletubbies....

285002-9031.jpg

You can take Madonna back as a sign of goodwill. Please ...

If we have to take people from The Americas, can't we have Salma Hayek?

No, please keep Madonna, I don't think we could take her back with her bad take on a british accent.. You can have Salma, but not Jessica Alba. Back to the Beckhams. I have no doubt that Soccer is growing, but Football is still king. Spice Girls reunion, well, will see how that goes. Unfortunately, in a star struck atmosphere of America, the Beckham's will be a sensation, but they will eventually fade when something bigger comes along, which will be hopefully soon. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Like I said earlier, I do love my World Cup. :victory:

If Beckham plays well and gets popular and people start to understand Soccer, then when England calls him back for Internationals, Galaxy fans will seek out the matches to follow their player. That will get them hooked on Internationals. When the World Cup rolls up next, you'll finally be like the rest of us.

I have a lot of faith in Beckham to play better than anyone else in the US. He has to, really, and if he does, the richer teams will try to buy more European and South American players and that, my friends, would be fun to watch.

You can also have Hugh grant back. I hear Michael Jackson is also looking for a new country.

I also hear that Victoria and the girls are starting a reunion tour
I hope they skip south florida.

Well... You did, obviously

Only during a commercial with my fingers over my eyes. Kinda like watching a car crash.

It's a reliable, affordable and stylish mode of transportation. what's wrong with the Sebring? I know it does't compare to the Mini or MG :lol:

You're not wrong, entirely, but you're not looking at the big picture.

The Beckhams are the darlings of today because they represent a glamourous, exceedingly media savvy couple, who on top of everything, know the power of their own celebrity -- like a poor man's Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. Beckham is no more about soccer than Victoria Beckham is about singing.

Their real worth, if you will, is the power of correctly representing their decade: from metrosexuality, and runway allure, to tabloid fluff frenzy.

It's an important gift to have, though if they're not careful, they could become dated as quickly as flappers in the 1930s.

It's an important gift to have, though if they're not careful, they could become dated as quickly as flappers in the 1930s.

Flappers never really made it to the 1930s as the lifestyle didn't survive the great depression. Besides, the amount of flapper culture (particularly language) that is still with us is an enormous legacy. If Posh N' Becks have the same impact as the flappers, it'll be an incredible personal achievement - but let's be honest, it's not going to happen.

I think perchance you're underplaying the cultural significance of the flappers. :D

How long will it take for american boys to start imitating Beckham's hairstyles? We had hair salons in Norway with big posters of his latest 'do' in the window, and the young teens loved it. ..Don't underestimate the power of good marketing.

The shirt sales alone will set records in the US.

David Beckham has a special place in sports.. Cristiano Ronaldo is getting there, but there are not many athletes that can match Becks' status as a sports icon, at least not in Europe.

As for Victoria Beckham, ..the reunion will be annoying.

Flappers never really made it to the 1930s as the lifestyle didn't survive the great depression. Besides, the amount of flapper culture (particularly language) that is still with us is an enormous legacy.

Gee, that's a swell way of making look lousy, bub! Especially since I think you're the bees knees! I have to go and hide now, 23 skiddoo!

If Posh N' Becks have the same impact as the flappers, it'll be an incredible personal achievement - but let's be honest, it's not going to happen.
So far, they've maintained their psychological dominance in Europe, and Asia (less so in Africa & South America, for various reasons -- in the latter's case because they have their own homegrown footballing glamour stars), not in North America.

But I always said that Beckham would one day end up in Hollywood, and there we have it. He's just one starring role away from Ocean's 14 to make the big time.

Have to work on that Mickey Mouse voice first, though...

I think perchance you're underplaying the cultural significance of the flappers. :D

LOL!

David Beckham has a special place in sports.. Cristiano Ronaldo is getting there, but there are not many athletes that can match Becks' status as a sports icon, at least not in Europe.

This C-Ron reference reminds me of of By-Tor's post.

I agree with that, Ape, but the prob is that Beckham is pure man. He's a new breed of man, who can wear a FREAKING sarong, and still not make you question his sexuality, unlike Jagger, Bowie, and all his precursor British "pop" stars.

Cristiano Ronaldo...well, despite my defence of him not being gay, that boy just screams effeminate gay. And boys looking for heroes to emulate just don't respond to that. He's a great player yes, but then there's this:

285225-8823.jpg

Pearls and a man-purse TOGETHER. Christ almighty...

Cristiano Ronaldo...well, despite my defence of him not being gay, that boy just screams effeminate gay. And boys looking for heroes to emulate just don't respond to that.

Metrosexual!

Come now, not all, but most good-looking men have their sexuality questioned at one time or another. Beckham is fortunate enough to have his little affairs with maids and models plastered all over the tabloids. ;)

And not all planned photos are that fortunate either:

285254-8809.jpg

Very brokeback mountain'esque

Edit: Jesus.. Speaking of hairstyles.. I just noticed that's exactly how I had mine done today! .......

Come now, not all, but most good-looking men have their sexuality questioned at one time or another. Beckham is fortunate enough to have his little affairs with maids and models plastered all over the tabloids. ;)

And as I mentioned in another thread, Cristiano Ronaldo was accused of raping a girl. Now, rape isn't a normal sexual expression, since it's not about sex, it's about power. And to me, rape by a man suggests deep-seated misogyny, so...

And not all planned photos are that fortunate either:

285419-8735.jpg

Very brokeback mountain'esque

The diff for me is that Beckham LOVES his metrosexuality, and in a documentary the BBC did of the Beckhams (or was it C4?), he was seen going around in his kitchen, being teased by his wife, saying, "I'm a gay icon, I'm a gay icon".

He's aware of it, and perfectly fine with being liked by gay men. See, he's a modern guy. Maybe a little too modern for my taste, but that's fine if he's comfortable with it.

But with Cristiano Ronaldo, one gets the impression that if someone told him that gay men loved him, or hinted to him that perhaps his look is gay, he'd punch someone in the nose.

Edit: Jesus.. Speaking of hairstyles.. I just noticed that's exactly how I had mine done today! .......

Heh. Seriously? ;)