When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen. Aquatimer lume shots

k2222

maybe it's just not charged enought

No, I just looked at one at the AD, and that's what it looked like after all day under the halogens in the case. Not very bright.

The Zigmeister's crazy detailed Superluminova treatment is definetly an upgrade from the genuine.

Edited by Amplitude

No, I just looked at one at the AD, and that's what it looked like after all day under the halogens in the case. Not very bright.

Does Halogen charge lume? I thought it needed a UV content in the light to charge it. I could be wrong, but certain lights charge lume better than others, in my experience.

Zig, now you're just showing off! ;)

It's always good to have a reference point, if the gen looks that poor, I think I can show off just a bit... :D

@fxrandy

Well if it required just one coat, about an hour...but it required two lume coats, and if that wasn't enough, 3 coats of clear after that was done to duplicate the shiny look of the gen. So all in all, a very time consuming job, that's not including luming the numerals around the bezel, or the dial, or the hands...doesn't take long to fill in a day's work on this one. Come to think of it, I have to do another tomorrow...better plug in the kettle, I'll need a lot of tea.

@Pug

I too have noted a difference in the glow depending on the light source, I find that Flourescent lights do a really good job, not sure on Halogen, as I don't have any around.

RG

IMHO the lume on the gen is better than people are giving IWC credit for. I went and played with it for quite a while at the AD before deciding to add gloss and the gen glowed pretty closely to Ziggy relume. By the way I have no idea whether it is scientifically true but my empirical observation is that lume glows the brightest after being exposed to natural sunlight as opposed to indoor lights.

IMHO the lume on the gen is better than people are giving IWC credit for. I went and played with it for quite a while at the AD before deciding to add gloss and the gen glowed pretty closely to The Zigmeister relume. By the way I have no idea whether it is scientifically true but my empirical observation is that lume glows the brightest after being exposed to natural sunlight as opposed to indoor lights.

Yes, I would agree that sunlight is the best "charge" for lume. I don't (still) have any reps superlumed, but I have orange Seiko Monster, and when I come indoors from bright sun (and it is bright here in this time of year) it shines like blowtorch, even in well lit rooms :whistling:

regards