When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cape Cod cloth & Dremel

Rolexman

Just cut the cloth into a small square piece and wrap some cotton thread around the base. Then cut off the excess material that is sticking out. Use a polishing wheel as base so if the cloth wears out you won't grind away half the watch :p.

C PIC

You wil get the perfect reult!!!

38484-38736.jpg

38484-38737.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Yeh,

Thats gotta work- I have actually cut a piece of scouring pad in to a circle- for roughing up and descaling some other stuff I need to clean to gold plate- and it works too.

Now all I have to do is to find someone with Cape Cod cloth in Oz- they musn't want to export- cos their freight cost is ridiculous.

offshore

Yeh,

Thats gotta work- I have actually cut a piece of scouring pad in to a circle- for roughing up and descaling some other stuff I need to clean to gold plate- and it works too.

Now all I have to do is to find someone with Cape Cod cloth in Oz- they musn't want to export- cos their freight cost is ridiculous.

offshore

Contact the Watchboys

Edited by Rolexman

Or you could just ask someone else outside oz to send you some... oi.

Been meaning to purchase some anyway, so pm or email your address. May be a few weeks as I've got a vacation starting Thursday next. Then again, free can't be in too big a hurry then, can it? And no, all you [censored] in euro need not apply, this is just for the ockers DU what ain't got no source.

B)

Thanks dec,

I know the guy from Caswell Plating- he's actually the brother of the Caswell guy in Canada- but he doesn't carry a lot of stock in Oz- i still have to get most of my Caswell stuff from over there!

And a pain in the A it is!

i have actually fired off a mail to Cape Cod over the weekend- asking if i can bring a few packets in to distribute- as they don't have a distributor in Oz- see how that pans out?

@Larry- Gee am amazed that you could even correspond with yobbos :D

But thanks for the kind offer- will come back to you, if nothing pans out with CC...

Thanks again

Offshore

• 5 months later...

I used this trick to change the (incorrect) brushed finish on a JleC Kompressor to nice and shiny. :D

I simply cut the cape Cod into a 10mm strip, folded it like a concertina, punched a hole through the wad and mounted it on the arbour of my fake Dremel.

I am really pleased with the result. Achieving this finish took less time than stripping and replacing all those damn crowns on the Kompressor.

140975-16974.jpg

I have also discovered that Cape cod - used manually - is great for removing fine scratches from the acrylic dome crystal on my vintage Radiomir California.