When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy Straps

Victoria

Dude ... either this strap size is due to the camera or your girlfriend is getting ready to wear it on her neck.... LOL

LOL! :lol:

I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. Here's my chance to ask though:

Do you guys know the correct terminology for each strap side?

It just can't be "the longer piece" and "the one with the buckle", as I call them. :)

Most may not like the standard straps that come with rep pam but in the photos below are my 3, not included is the wifes 217, all on the issure rep straps.

FxrAndy, those standard issue rep straps look SWEET. Especially the one on the Fiddy. Nothing like it seems I'm getting:

287267-7743.jpg

That looks a little more like a standard, vomit-projectile producing rep strap. Thank God I have Elliot's Big Balls today. :)

I have a GeF Bersagliere and have to say I was a little underwhelmed by it, I personally prefer the Europelli cordovan.

Takes all kinds of tastes in life, incredible though -- I'm of the complete opposite opinion, admittedly through very limited experience. :)

A couple of more straps to the mix

287274-7741.jpg

Ooh, mottled brown, very rough and ready.

That and V's Simona are very very interesting to me. If the Fiddy goes to that certain someone, it would be this one above for him, or if he doesn't like it (too big), I may buy the Simona for me.

Don straps, must try that one too. And FxrAndy, check out what a guy did using the process you described:

287274-7742.jpg

He told me he got a cheap strap here:

http://85.214.41.166/shop2/index.php?user=...=1&target=1

And then explained more or less what you did, to get that effect when I receive the strap. Only he said to dab it with bleach, rather than to immerse it in it. What do you think? :)

Either way, thanks guys for all the great strap ideas!

FxrAndy, those standard issue rep straps look SWEET. Especially the one on the Fiddy. Nothing like it seems I'm getting:

287277-7740.jpg

That looks a little more like a standard, vomit-projectile producing rep strap. Thank God I have Elliot's Big Balls today. :)

All those straps i pictured looked just like the one you show above before a bit of bleach and a scrub. I tried soaking one in jack daniels to die it but got impatient so i drank it after half an hour, but the strap smelled great. Giv it a try just waer some rubber gloves or you might ruin your nails ;)

All those straps i pictured looked just like the one you show above before a bit of bleach and a scrub.

Ohhh. I thought maybe you had some kind of in with Andrew, that I didn't. ;)

I tried soaking one in jack daniels to die it but got impatient so i drank it after half an hour, but the strap smelled great.

Well, I am the one who restocks the liquor cabinet for my parents, so I know for sure we don't have Jack on hand.

*checks*

Hennessy XO

Courvoisier

Drambuie

Cointreau

Grand Marnier

Famous Grouse

Johnny Walker black

Pusser's Rum

Which do you think I should use? Or what the heck, just throw a party and invite you all to do it for me?

Giv it a try just waer some rubber gloves or you might ruin your nails ;)

OH! Right...good idea. Have got a yellow pair already.

I would just strip it first and see what colour the leather is when it dries first and see what colour you want it. non of mine were the same colour when they dried. Let it dry naturaly so that the oils in the leather wont dry out and it wont scrink. Then i give them a good application with "Leder pflege" just a wax for water proofing leather. i was swimming in the 177h on saterday and it is just fine.

V as your photo skills look better than mine take a couple of pics as you do it so we can all see it change. i always find when i have done something my self the feeling is better than just bought something and fitted it.

287651-7464.jpg

THis is the WORST rep strap that has ever been to a rep watch.. even the faux gator ones are better than this..

It is probably 99% made by plastic.. there is definately no sign of 'leather' in this strap

Hi V all my straps looked like that untill i stripped off the top coat, under that is normaly leather, why the reps maker spend the time to paint/coat them i have no idea. And the colour, ahh why does it have to be baby poo.

Hi V all my straps looked like that untill i stripped off the top coat, under that is normaly leather, why the reps maker spend the time to paint/coat them i have no idea. And the colour, ahh why does it have to be baby poo.

Me too, I do not understand why they do that.. Seems extremely stupid to cover the leather unless they wanted to make the strap waterproof..

Anyways.. as you said the original colour is crap too.. It is funny to distress it, but I personally sold mine immidiately on ebay.

I like playing with things and making them better, by the way what is that strap in the 112 thrid fron the left on your sig, got any more pics of it?

It is my XaMas X stitched hommage.. WIth Italian leather from the 50's and a polished XaMas buckle

287700-7445.jpg

287700-7446.jpg

287700-7447.jpg