When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 112H From Joshua

Guest overboosted

Guest overboosted

Yes, tis my favorite PAM. But I would suggest to any interested parties to spend the extra and get it with Swiss movement. My chinese copy movement was about +5 minutes per hour out of the box, and now about +1 minutes per hour after I messed with it a little. It is my third chinese Unitas copy. The other two are a bit fast (maybe 5 or so minutes per day). Josh has Swiss, Silix does not.

man I love how it is a simple design... unassuming and classy :)

I ordered one a week ago, but I didnt opt to get the ss band... though I got a price for it and I was surpirsed that it was about 66% of the cost of the rep.

Edited by 8o8

Two things about the base. First, I do agree, it has to be on a strap. However, I just ordered the SS because I think it also looks pretty good and would be a nice change once in a while. Also, perhaps more than any other rep, the recessed pin has to be fixed on the base. Here is my base from Joshua along with my sat project. I was going to fix the pin, but got caught up with trying to do a skeletonized Luminor. Here is a pic of the complex, and the simple.

4557-6558.jpg

Hey,

Been a Rolex fanatic for quite a while, but now I can’t hold back anymore after seen a friends gen.

I’ve been thinking of the 112 or the 001/111 from Josh (feel free to comment on my Panerai-newbie-choice) and I have a follow-up question about strap/bracelet.

If I go with the 112 and choose both s/s band and strap, how easy/hard is it to change between them?

Thanks!

Guest overboosted

2 minutes, just don't overtighten the screws, as the metal on reps isnt the greatest quality and they are known to strip.

Go for it! I have 12 PAMs, with 4 SS bracelets and 14 Leather straps. Always nice to change em up a bit.

But as I said before, your best bet would be to spring for the Swiss movement. Worth the extra dough.

Guest overboosted

111 and 112 are the perfect newbie PAMs.

I personally wouldn't get the 001, as I like the see-through back of the 111/112. As for deciding between those two, well,,,,,seconds or no seconds....

Good Luck!

Very interesting watch the skeletonized.. Any details on the process?

It's just a cheap movement from an Invicta, I just put it in because I'd like to really skeletonize a 6497 by hand someday....

fixing the recessed pin on my 112 today, will post some pics if it works out.