When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spelling

Pugwash

What's that TV show with the island and the plane crash? Is it LOOST?

Please, everyone, spelling helps the search engine. Anyone searching for a "loose bezel" finds posts about missing parts.

lose |luːz|

verb ( past and past part. lost |lɒst|) [ trans. ]

1 be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something) : I've lost my appetite | Linda was very upset about losing her job | the company may find itself losing customers to cheaper rivals.

loose |luːs|

adjective

1 not firmly or tightly fixed in place : a loose tooth | the truck's trailer came loose.

This has been a public rant. Ignore it as you wish. Next week: it's vs its.

People who can't spell are loosers.

Its' not that hard to do it right, guys....

Their allway's gettening it rong. :p

ps. Plural of IWC is IWCs, not IWC's; Plural of PAM is PAMs, not PAM's. The 70s was a decade; 70's means something belonging to 70.

Spelling, it's spelled "Lose"

If anyone were to be familiar with that word...it's certainly Pugs......'cep'n o' course when it comes to lotteries....wherein he's entirely unacquainted with it....:D

Hey Pugs...wossup....I miss our cosy lil' fireside chats on Skype.........wot 'appned...your Ipod headphones pack up......or does her ladyship have you on a short leash nowadays....:lol:

Edited by TTK

There is always spell check. Very simple to use I must say.

I am one of those sticklers for spelling and pronunciation. My g/f is just short of a masters degree and can't spell for [censored]. The owner of the company I work for dropped out of high school in 9th grade is just about illiterate. Great spelling is not indicative of one's character.

Many of the members here speak english as a second language. Give them a break. Take a xanax and go back to measuring the distance between tics on your replica sub.

Many of the members here speak english as a second language. Give them a break. Take a xanax and go back to measuring the distance between tics on your replica sub.

Well, thank you for showing such support. Spelling is important because we have many people here whose second language is English.

Dyslexia isn't on the increase, but a lot more people than before claim to be dyslexic. Do the maths.

LOSE/LOOSE is by far the most prevalent misspelling on the internet, and anything we can do to help our non-Anglophone readers to type as far away as possible from the style of a 14-year old lazy cheerleader, the better.

It's nearly doobie-break time where you are now, right?

Hey Pugs...wossup....I miss our cosy lil' fireside chats on Skype.........wot 'appned...your Ipod headphones pack up......or does her ladyship have you on a short leash nowadays....:lol:

My 24" monitor disappeared in my house move, so until I get a job, I won't have a fixed workstation in the loft as planned, so I've been on a laptop since. This makes sitting down for a long chat quite difficult as there's always something to do around the house. :D

I'll be on Skype soon enough though, don't you worry.

Although there’s no point getting angry and losing the plot over such a small word, loosen up a bit Pug :p^_^:whistling:

This merely annoys me. It's not like scammers or misleading dealers. For all those that think I should lighten up, I think you overestimate my investment in this argument.

"Have fun storming the castle!"

Inigo Montoya:That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.

Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.

Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.

Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.

Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.

Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.

Vizzini: Enough of that.

Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.

Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.

Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.