When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Simpsons MOVIE...

V

As a big fan of the Simpsons I went today at the premiere of the movie...

Although I was a bit dissapointed that they released all their greatest jokes on the trailers I have to say that I really enjoyed it and have great fun..

Simpsons is best things US has ever exported :victory:

I love Simpsons too and want to see the new movie, but watching it on the big screen feels like overkill to me.

I thought the same thing but seeing it in a huge screen with the clear colours and the sound is another experience.. You will love it :)

Although I was a bit dissapointed that they released all their greatest jokes on the trailers I have to say that I really enjoyed it and have great fun..

As a huge Simpsons fan, I've managed to avoid all trailers. I can't wait. :D

I know, it's probably a misunderstanding. It looks 2D but the figures walk into the third dimension. They are not "rendered" but amde more simply...

Does the camera zoom into the third axis?

I have the exact the same feeling.

If they made any changes to the original way of making the Simpsons I'd be pi$$ed off.

I really like the simplicity of the tv show, and that could easily be brought to the big screen.

Just take a look at Beavis and Butt-Head Do America. It worked out great.

I'm taking the family to see it on Saturday :Jumpy:

Ken

I'm so excited about this flick, it's not funny.

And here, as a sometime professional film critic and perpetual cinephile, let me just say that Summer 2007 has been a very good year for the traditional summer blockbuster.

I've turned down invites from two friends to see this on the weekend, because my parents said they want to watch with me on Sunday. Don't think I can wait...

And why did Europe get the premiere first?? World Premiere was on 21 July in Springfield, Vermont, but Belgium is getting it today. COMMIES!

And why did Europe get the premiere first?? World Premiere was on 21 July in Springfield, Vermont, but Belgium is getting it today. COMMIES!

The film hits the big screen 27th of July WORLDWIDE.

I guess what our dear RWG member went to, was some sort of preview for the media or something like that...

And commies???

Don't think so, since NATO's headquarter is in Brussels. :p

Or is it the commies fault that he saw the film before you did?

The film hits the big screen 27th of July WORLDWIDE.

I guess what our dear RWG member went to, was some sort of preview for the media or something like that...

And commies???

Don't think so, since NATO's headquarter is in Brussels. :p

Or is it the commies fault that he saw the film before you did?

Nope.. nothing special.. Here in UK the premiere in Cineworld cinemas was 25th of July :)

Link here:

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/cinematheque/Ci...eque.jgi?#ancre

and yes.. Belgium and 'commies'? :black_eye:

and yes.. Belgium and 'commies'? :black_eye:

Hehe. That's just a throw-away line, V. No offence intended, especially to all my Belgian friends!

Many parts of Europe are getting staggered premieres, ahead of the US premiere. To anyone who has ever been to Scandinavia, with their Simpsons obsession, you will know why. ;)

Hehe. That's just a throw-away line, V. No offence intended, especially to all my Belgian friends!

Many parts of Europe are getting staggered premieres, ahead of the US premiere. To anyone who has ever been to Scandinavia, with their Simpsons obsession, you will know why. ;)

Of course I know there was no offence intended but as fitmic said it just sound wrong in the same sentence Belgium with the Nato headquarters and commies :rolleyes::victory:

Btw it is a great movie and I am sure you will love it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Of course I know there was no offence intended but as fitmic said it just sound wrong in the same sentence Belgium with the Nato headquarters and commies :rolleyes::victory:

Don't worry! There are no Reds under my bed. Mind you, I check every night!

Btw it is a great movie and I am sure you will love it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

YAY! I don't care if it sucks. Just want to see Homer on something bigger than my 41" TV. DOH. :doh: