When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can Neo or YOU identify this person

gran

Fair enough guys - as I said this is a very odd one.

I'll post some pointers, and if that doesn't help I'll put up the answer!

SOME CRAP POINTERS:

1. This watch is relevant to how the job is done in the UK, US and Australia. Other countries may not do it like this, so could be a bit unfair! (Maybe they do, maybe they don't - I only know for sure in these countries)

2. The watch movement is regular quartz i.e. one rotation of hour hand is one hour

3. The hour hand performs no function, only the minute hand. So the markers refer to tenths of an hour (how many minutes?)

4. More often people with this job would use a stopwatch (or stopwatch function on regular watch), a chess clock, computer software, or just use their head to work out the function this watch provides.

5. It allows people to change the fabric of time! (Joke!) It means they can create hours where there were none. It is possible to do (for example) 27 hours work in one day with this watch. Why would somebody want to do this?

6. Final clue. Think money, money, money.

Best of luck!! :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Classic Billable HourTM Watch for lawyers -_-

47373-36841.jpg

Clocking the Hours

They really could only have been invented by Americans. Far more useful than a goldfish Jacuzzi, more fun than a magnetically floating fountain pen, The Billable Hour watches and clocks must be birthday nirvana for some lawyers out there . . . .

The timepieces—sold by US couple Mark and Lisa Solomon—have faces delineated not by standard five-minute sections, but by the six-minute increments used by many lawyers to break up their chargeable hours. Now you too can tell at a glance whether to interrupt that favourite client during one of their fascinating phone tales . . . or just leave them to slip over to the next unit.

The Classic Billable HourTM Watch for lawyers

Yes it's for lawyers! :lol::lol::lol:

Billable Hour Watch

Everything a lawyer does is split into six minute units, even if it takes one minute. Means you can do (and charge for) eight hours work in four hours. One minute of 'perusing' = six minutes. One minute of "telephone" = six minutes. One minute of "photocopying" = six minutes, etc., etc.

I know from experience... :blink:

Edited by cornerstone

New question!!!!!!

52857-35990.jpg

Q1: What type of movement is this

Q2: Type and make of movement

Q3: Name of the watch shown

Q4: Name some brands that use this type of movement today (Ia m thinking of luxury brands with in house made movements)

Some clues about the calibre the movement has 22 Jewels and 21,600 bph beat :bleh:
This has still defeated me! I only came across even more German aviator watches! In fact, it's safe to say I now have an issue with German aviator watches! (Given that so many look the same with an ETA shoved in!) Many, in fairness, are quite cheap.

Slightly off the topic - I wonder if it might be worth starting a new QUIZ / TRIVIA thread, perhaps more people would join in (current thread title sounds a bit like a police alert :busted_cop: !)

Cheers! :lol:

Slightly off the topic - I wonder if it might be worth starting a new QUIZ / TRIVIA thread, perhaps more people would join in (current thread title sounds a bit like a police alert :busted_cop: !)

Hey- great thought!

What do you think Gran? :D

offshore