When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Ayrton Senna Tag Link Chronograph

ahchard

the three and six markers are fine. I know the real one well (a friend has it). this one is pretty spot on. whatever flaws there are, are not readily apparent.

I was gonna get the gen, but this one is close enough for me. I'm in.

Thanks for your input - would you mind sharing your opinions compared against your friend's gen once you get the chance? I'm really interested in this watch - it looks good! I'm not a fan of the huge rotatable bezels on the Tag Chronos.

i have no idea what the deal is with those markers as well....

the markers are faceted and highly polished. Those anomolies are due to reflections. My Gen Aquaracer does the same thing in pix sometimes.

I might get that one for my Dad. It looks 9from the pix) like this one has the new (and hailed by Zig) version of the 7750. Joshua has confirmed the beat is 28,000.

can anyone confirm or disconfirm that this is the new movement. A trip to The Zigmeister and this might be one of the most reliable chrono reps out.

It seems very accurate, near perfection.

I've seen just one flaw:

- date window isn't centered with the mark on its right

Also date font seems good.

Anyway it's very hard to valuate a watch from pics especially if so poor (Josh don't get me wrong, i just mean that often watches looks worst than they really are).

I wish we could see a detailed pic of the rep dial to make a decent comparation.

Warning: I've seen some fantasy version of that watch, with black and white dial.

Genuines are only in blue and grey and Joshua wisely has got only accurate versions.

Some genuine pictures:

45717-37260.jpg

45717-37261.jpg

45717-37262.jpg

There's another beautiful Tag rep with just 2 flaw (crown thickness and some fonts, data in primis).

I'll post some pics of the original:

45717-37263.jpg

45717-37264.jpg

45717-37265.jpg

From these pics you can see how genuine dial is well finished.

I don't know if the rep one is so well made.

Hope it helps

Cheers ;)

Edited by ryaku

How thick is the genuine ayrton Senna? Can you provide an underside shot and side profile shot??

I'm aware i posted pics of a different Chonograph Link, anyway dial, except for the seconds hand, and for some writings, is the same.

This Ayrton Senna version is even more accurate than the other model imho.

Groan!! That has to be the weakest F1 link ever!

Now, if you'd been talking about one of the Oris rubber straps on their Williams F1 specials I'd have let you off as they are in fact styled to look like grooved F1 tyres.

Oh, and just to blast totally off topic... David Coulthard arrived at the Catalunya Circuit today wearing a PAM, but I couldn't see which one it was...