When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Gran Turismo XL on a 'V' Panerai strap with deployment

ajoesmith

Hi just got this last week and immediately tried to put on a different strap.

I read somewhere that someone said you couldn't use the rep deployment for some reason.

Well i did and its easy to change the straps if you want

The deployment is held to the strap by a screw. see the 3rd last picture. simply unscrew it and the strap comes off, put your new strap on and screw the screw back in, simple!

Its a great watch, but with a really loud rotor, a fixed that with some grease. No noise at all now!

Sorry for the bad pics

288547-6903.jpg

288547-6904.jpg

288547-6905.jpg

288547-6906.jpg

288547-6907.jpg

288547-6908.jpg

288547-6909.jpg

288547-6910.jpg

288547-6911.jpg

288547-6912.jpg

Thanx Joe, I was just contemplating to order an additional racing strap for my GT XL and was thinking if and how to transplant the clasp...

just one question on the size of your strap. Lugholes are 22mm I assume, but the width of the clasp is also 22mm.

Most 22mm-straps are 20mm at the clasp end. What strap size did you use?

Myself I was contemplating to order a racing strap with punch-holes from Hirsch. Would this one fit?

See thread http://www.rwg.cc/members/Chopard-Mille-Mi...-XL-t40286.html for more info

I have just got mine from Joe (top class Watches), at the best great price all over the net.

I would like to get those black letters deleted, anyone knows if i can use any nail polish remover ?

I don't really know. I read that it had to have acetone though. I just grabbed my fiance's and went to work but then realized that her's doesn't contain acetone...and it still worked.

I don't think you can really damage the deployant with the nail polish remover, but I can't swear by it.

This has been on my wish list for a while but the reports of noisy rotor have always put me off. Now I've seen it with the chunky leather strap and deployment I want it even more. So my question is, how easy is it to grease the rotor without risking killing the movement?