When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex ETA sub.....date wheel is misaligned

cableguy

Half the month high and half low sounds like it's in the datewheel itself- the printing is off. I have a DW where most dates are ok, but a few hang on the bottom of the window- it's in the printing alignment. New DW would be the only solution- or a new watch.

The Submariner only shows the numerical day of the month. I assume that you have pulled the crown out to the second position and tried to rotate the date wheel manually or pulled the crown to the third positon and rotated the hands through a 24hour cycle to see if the date will line up properly as it changes. If it fails to correct itself, more than likely the date wheel overlay was applied incorrectly or the adheasive has failed and allowed it to slip from its position. The repair requires that the movement be removed, hands pulled, and dial removed in order to repair your problem. If you are not comfortable with this repair, I would recommend that you return the watch to your dealer or send it to a local watchsmith.

If it has an over lay then yes you could reposition it if you are brave or adventurous, it is the best way to learn, from you own mistakes! I did and now am happy to attempt most things (on my own watches)