When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why make this rep and not the Monaco?

Dani

Its fugly and complicated why have we not seen the Tag Monaco insted of this space watch`?

290776-5494.jpg

It must be much more easy to make the Monaco and that woud be 10times more popular and profit much higher since you have 3-4 diffrent monaco dials,.

Cheers,

D

It must be much more easy to make the Monaco and that woud be 10times more popular and profit much higher since you have 3-4 diffrent monaco dials,.

It must be easier? Why? The Monaco uses an ETA 2894 movement, a movement that has seconds at 3. A movement that NO REPLICA OF exists.

The Monaco will never be accurately replicated until someone comes up with a movement that works like a 2894.

Yes, it's a dream, but it's not a realistic one.

... unless of course you mean the rather undesirable Monaco non-chrono. That's an Automatic with seconds-at-six, or a crappy quartz, neither of which would set the rep world alight. :whistling:

It must be easier? Why? The Monaco uses an ETA 2894 movement, a movement that has seconds at 3. A movement that NO REPLICA OF exists.

The Monaco will never be accurately replicated until someone comes up with a movement that works like a 2894.

Well, there may be no replica of the ETA 2894 but they recently modified the Asian 7750 to have running seconds at 3 (Look at the new Breitling 6.75). So the Monaco could very well be replicated with chronograph function.

Edited by Rolexman

Yes, it's a dream, but it's not a realistic one.

... unless of course you mean the rather undesirable Monaco non-chrono. That's an Automatic with seconds-at-six, or a crappy quartz, neither of which would set the rep world alight. :whistling:

Bentley 6.75 has the sec at 3 but as i em no wikepida of reps i dont now if they coud use that :g:

Wonder if that new seconds at '3 will be any better than the infamous '6 version. No thanks to another sloppy modification.

But I agree decent Monaco would be great. Not my style, but I'd be glad for all those members who have been dreaming about it. Autavia is another that falls into that same category (no suitable rep movement).

I tried on a Monaco at the AD on Saturday.. I'm sorry, but it was hideous. Not just ugly, but it felt cheap. On the other hand, the Link Chrono and Carrera Chrono were superb. I'm getting the blue Link from a member here and I hope to get the Racing Carrera, then the Aquaracer Chrono. Nice thing about the Tags is they are actually attainable with my lifestyle.. I just want 3 different ones vs one.

The 2894 is considerably slimmer than a 7750. Once you add the cogs needed to move the seconds, you're looking at a ridiculous height. The Monaco is a slim chrono and a modded 7750 won't fit vertically.

Like I said, wishful thinking is all well and good, but you're wishing for a clunky inaccurate version. :blink:

I'd love a 2894 rep, however. I'm just realistic about its prospects.

Reason 1) 2904

Reason 2) They'd sell the rep @ 30% of the cost of a used gen.

Reason 3) They may figure that if we really love the Monaco so much (as I do mine) we'd forgo 2 "Super reps" this year and buy a used gen.

The 2894 is considerably slimmer than a 7750.

You'd never guess :lol:

291395-5052.jpg

Seriously, 7750 is out for all reasons listed above but the residual movt problem with the Monaco is not so much the running seconds hand but the killer combination of the twin chrono AND date.

IMO you will wait for ever for a proper rep, so best off going out and buying a used gen and then you too can look like Ricky Gervais ;)