When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect crown guards on old "swiss" Explorer II

Dizzy

Tell me what you think!!

291999-4683.jpg

HA HA HA you can barely see the crown!!

This is a "swiss" rep from about 8 years ago. Crown guards sure have come a long way on some of these reps... The dial is very sharp and it still runs great! The crown guards are the funniest i have ever seen though. Bezel is good.. case is garbage. I will keep the bezel and dial and movement for a project one day.

This is my first pic i have posted and was more of a test but i thought you guys would like the crown guards :)

Dial is perfect.. all the distortion is on the crystal. Its an old and well worn watch. I know little about explorers but the dial looks good to me. Its very bright and nice black SHARP printing.

LOnnie

Edited by L-dizzle

The more i poke at this watch the more i am starting to like it. The CG's need a LOT of work and the crystal is smashed on the 9 o'clock side.. other than that it will definatly be a fun project one day :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually... the broken glass looks pretty cool... still water tight for swimming... great dial... vintage case... POOR date mag so needs new cyclops so i can retain the vintage broken crystal... how would i get that freekin bezel off?.... hhmmm...

oh god here we go again... :crazy:

Lonnie

Sure doesn't look like a pair of Sub cg's! I'd take the file to them- you could have a very nice looking Explorer II. And vintage to boot- time for a case polish.
Edited by L-dizzle