When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can any one shed any light on this 5508

FxrAndy

Ive never seen that before but maybe it was some sort of a transitional model? That bezel is too big for the case and that really doesnt look right... someone glued it on or something maybe haha. Nice watch though but i thknkn it would look better with the proper bezel.

Lonnie

Wilst looking for 5508 pics i came acros this and wonderd why it has the bezel it has. did the 5508 ever have this type of bezel??????????

Look here

The bezel and insert that Hacko has on that watch looks like the 5513 assembly. Is it correct, I don't know w/o looking at a reference book, but I doubt it. But finding a correct bezel and insert would be tough- maybe go to Michael Young in Hong Kong for an aftermarket replacement. Whether or not an RSC would have the correct assembly, you'd have to check every RSC all over the world. It's a 50 year old watch, and Rolex isn't in the market of servicing antiques- they prefer to sell new watches. They've almost stopped servicing the 1500 series of movements- which this watch has (1530).

Woo they are nice Ziggy and Nanuq, that clasic watch parts one looks good but $330 to but it on a $58 watch is too much, and i doupt it would fit. Any way it was about the 5508 linked to, so we all agree that the 5508 never came with a fluted bezel, good. Thanks Guys you are the font of all watch knowledge!