When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OEM FM Conquistador

cpaman

With that many problems, have you thought of asking for a replacement?

Na, I'm gonna send it off for service and if it's determined that something is major wrong, then I'll ask for a new one...

My guess is that it sat around for a long time and the oils have dried up or something like that. Ziggy can work magic, so I'm confident that he can get it working just fine.

Na, I'm gonna send it off for service and if it's determined that something is major wrong, then I'll ask for a new one...

My guess is that it sat around for a long time and the oils have dried up or something like that. The Zigmeister can work magic, so I'm confident that he can get it working just fine.

Yup that is exactly what was wrong with mine. If anyone can figure out a way to improve upon your watch , it will be The Zigmeister.

good luck

I actually just checked and it is 700 an ounce, so perhaps that isn't too bad.

700 bucks per troy oz--only telve of those to the pound, not 16, and the watches are only 75% gold. So if the muller case and back weigh, say, 80 grams (and that's a lot for a 40mm watch) it has about $1400 worth of gold in it.

The markups are arbitrary for other reasons as well. Check this out: the SS king cinquistador chrono is 4 grand or so more than the "regular" conquistador chrono even though the smaller one is powered by an FP 1185 which is worth several times what the 7750 inside the King is worth. Muller is charging King Conquistador buyers 4 grand for, what, an oz of extra stainless?

BTW, in response to my thread begging for a Casablanca chrono rep, someone in the know pm'd me saying an asia 7750 King Conquistador chrono is in the works...so nobody go out and buy a gen, hear?

700 bucks per troy oz--only telve of those to the pound, not 16, and the watches are only 75% gold. So if the muller case and back weigh, say, 80 grams (and that's a lot for a 40mm watch) it has about $1400 worth of gold in it.

The markups are arbitrary for other reasons as well. Check this out: the SS king cinquistador chrono is 4 grand or so more than the "regular" conquistador chrono even though the smaller one is powered by an FP 1185 which is worth several times what the 7750 inside the King is worth. Muller is charging King Conquistador buyers 4 grand for, what, an oz of extra stainless?

BTW, in response to my thread begging for a Casablanca chrono rep, someone in the know pm'd me saying an asia 7750 King Conquistador chrono is in the works...so nobody go out and buy a gen, hear?

Thanks for the info. I thought it would be something like that.