When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Take note Fellow Dealers and friends ! Vince Barone = Scammer !

Jos Nana

Delivered 3 watches to him... tracking given and he claim he received an empty box.. When asked for further details as to whether the box is sealed, open by customs or postal service workers... He file a compliant with pp for chargeback..No answers to all my mails, pms.... I have waited 1 month for this to be resolved.. But I will not tolerate further....

Details as follows :

Name: Vince BArone

Email: vjbar1@comcast.net

Old RWG Nick : vince

XXXX Ireland Ln

Aurora, CO 80015

United States

Tel : XXXXXXXXXX

Hi Joshua,

As your own personal detective in residence, I gotta tell you that there is something odd about this. This guy isn't a dead beat.

The guy you are referring to is Vincent M. Barone. I have his DOB, Colorado Driver's License Number and Social Security Number. He's a middle aged man with no history of litigation (other than divorcing his ex in 1994). He is remarried, and he owns a very nice home, with a significant mortgage.

I considered the possibility that he might have a son by the same name, but if he did, there should be a drivers license showing a younger date of birth - there isn't. Further, nobody but him and his wife have vehicles registered to that address.

In my experience, leopards do not change spots - if this guy was a petty scam artist, there should be all kinds of garbage out there like lawsuits, bankruptcy, tax liens, and that sort of thing.

I think you should consider the possibility that he's telling you the truth. If so, and he does not know you as we do, he could easily be convinced that you are just another thief from the other side of the globe.

Bill

Maybe he is neighbour of Scott Hawkins, lol

Scott Hawkins

5165 Crestwood Dr.

Colorado Springs, Co

USA

Nope. Completely unrelated.

Just to illustrate my point in my prior note re leopards and spots, Scott Allen Hawkins is a 39 year old who has been twice sued by Rolex, USA. He was sued in US District Court in 2000 (Case Number 1:00cv2538) and he was sued again in 2004 (1:04cv400) There is also a collections agency after him - AAA Collectors is trying to collect a judgment entered in 2005 for $1774.

There is also a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Case under his social security number filed in Little Rock Arkansas in 1996 - since the SSN is a match, he apparently was an Arkansas resident prior to relocating to Colorado.

Bill

Humm....

Having played hookey from the U.S. for the past thirty years, I've always wondered what my credit rating is...

As far as I know, no outstanding debts, but you never know. I wonder if I even exist for the credit ranking bureaus...

Feel free to PM me, Bill.

You can even post it if it's funny enough....

Humm....

Having played hookey from the U.S. for the past thirty years, I've always wondered what my credit rating is...

As far as I know, no outstanding debts, but you never know. I wonder if I even exist for the credit ranking bureaus...

Feel free to PM me, Bill.

You can even post it if it's funny enough....

Your best bet would be toapply for copies of your credit report from all three bureaus. You can find the information on how to do that on the net. They have to give you the info free.

Bill

Thank you Bill..... Really appreciated..

Guys.. Bill is a great guy who help me a great deal in the time when my email account was hijackers by some Indians... Kudos to you Bill !

As for Vince... the moment the compliant to pp was filed against me, I contacted him to drop the case .. I told him about my registration of the tracking nos with pp.. He will never have his money back.. And I gave him a benefit of a doubt.. I told him as soon as his dropped his case.. I am prepared to send a further 3 watches to him...To me Mathematically I minimised my loss and keep a customer happy.. Why not ? But he simply ignore me...

Well, I have done the best I can.. By ignoring my mails instead of trying to resolve only lead to my belief that he is a scammer..

To me, he seems pretty kool with losing 700 bucks...

Thanks

Joshua

Josh, Please know we all support you 100%. Even though most of us have never met in person it is clear who the honest guys seem to be. Of course a scammer can tell you what a great guy he is, but I agree with you, if he is not willing to talk about it, answer your emails and work to a solution than I can only believe he wants to screw you. If any of us had this situation happen to us, that is receiving an empty box, an honest person would email you an explain the situation. And continue working with you until it is resolved to everyones satisfaction. If you don't get satisfaction from the dealer than in my mind a complaint to pp or your credit card company is a last resort. If it was this guys first response I for one highly suspect he is a crook.

Bill, great info. One other thought, could it be someone else in his house (son) using his pp account?

Anyway, I feel like we should also send josh a couple of bucks for his unfortunate problem.

mark

Thank you Bill..... Really appreciated..

Guys.. Bill is a great guy who help me a great deal in the time when my email account was hijackers by some Indians... Kudos to you Bill !

As for Vince... the moment the compliant to pp was filed against me, I contacted him to drop the case .. I told him about my registration of the tracking nos with pp.. He will never have his money back.. And I gave him a benefit of a doubt.. I told him as soon as his dropped his case.. I am prepared to send a further 3 watches to him...To me Mathematically I minimised my loss and keep a customer happy.. Why not ? But he simply ignore me...

Well, I have done the best I can.. By ignoring my mails instead of trying to resolve only lead to my belief that he is a scammer..

To me, he seems pretty kool with losing 700 bucks...

Thanks

Joshua

Nice to see a good ending to this one!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jon

Bill, great info. One other thought, could it be someone else in his house (son) using his pp account?

Anyway, I feel like we should also send josh a couple of bucks for his unfortunate problem.

mark

I thought I mentioned it, but I checked to see if anyone else was a likely candidate. There is no othr Vince/Vincent Barone with a driver's license, credit, or vehicle registration record related to this guy and I found nobody else at his address other than his current wife.

Bill

I thought I mentioned it, but I checked to see if anyone else was a likely candidate. There is no othr Vince/Vincent Barone with a driver's license, credit, or vehicle registration record related to this guy and I found nobody else at his address other than his current wife.

Anyone reading this would get the impression you've done this before ... :D