When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Take note Fellow Dealers and friends ! Vince Barone = Scammer !

Jos Nana

Delivered 3 watches to him... tracking given and he claim he received an empty box.. When asked for further details as to whether the box is sealed, open by customs or postal service workers... He file a compliant with pp for chargeback..No answers to all my mails, pms.... I have waited 1 month for this to be resolved.. But I will not tolerate further....

Vince, you stupid fool.. I have registered the tracking nos with pp when the package is in transit to you..I have also faxed a copy of the EMS bill and shipping invoice to pp, . Vince, you will not get your money back !!!!! The money stays with pp.. I do not have your money now... Claim it from pp if indeed you did not received anything. It is none of my business now..

Details as follows :

Name: Vince BArone

Email: vjbar1@comcast.net

Old RWG Nick : vince

XXXX Ireland Ln

Aurora, CO 80015

United States

Tel : XXXXXXXXXX

Vince, I dun care now if you did or did not received your watches...I have sent the watches and I want my money... If the money is not reverse back into my account within 3 days,..your apt number and tel number will be revealed.

Thanks

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

Vince is in colorado? Makes me wonder if he is the infamous scum-bag Scott Hawkins.

I think you dealers should post the identities of the scammers more often, because if they are scamming you, then they will likely try to scam unsuspecting members as well.

Joshua,

I haven't tried your reps yet, but have always read what a stand-up honest guy you are. Always quick to reply, and equally quick to take care of any problems that might arise. Between your email addy getting jacked, and the PP problems, and now this, you sure are getting way more than your fair share of bad luck. Who ever gave you that lucky rabbit's foot . . . find that rabbit & give it back! You definitely do not deserve all the krap that has happened to you. I definitely agree with posting the scammer's info. All of our trusted dealers give us great service, an honestly described product, and are honest business people who wouldn't think of scamming us. By choosing to deal with the members of these boards, you should have the use of all it's resources to protect you from getting scammed too.

Hope you get your $$$ back real quick.

Brian

Josh,

I've never had any personal dealings with you either. But you have been quick to answer my questions. I'm glad you are posting this information on the forums not only to shead light on the situation but also to help us protect ourselves.

Now we all know not to deal with this guy, just like Scott Hawkins.

More power to you Josh, and I hope you get your money back!

Jon :victory:

Can't be done unless Blade comes out of the wood work and does it. Mods at the old site had very limited administrative rights and had no access to registration info, IP addresses, etc.

Well his nick at old RWG is vince... If admin members at the old board can retrieve his registration info, maybe can do a match here and clean him out...

This has happened to most or all of our family of dealers as well - once again, I think that they would be wise to refuse multi-watch deals with members who have not proved their own trustworthiness, either by long-standing and trouble-free membership on RWG or TRC or by some other means.

Perhaps this idea is unworkable, but I know that I personally would not purchase three watches at a time from a dealer that no one actually knew about or who had not proved himself to be above-board.

The practices of a few dishonest scammers could eventually hurt all of us (dealers refusing to use pp; higher prices, etc.) so it's really in everyone's interest to try to find a viable solution to the problem...

In the meantime, my sympathy for Josh: an impeccable dealer with no need for this sort of dishonesty from one of our 'members'

Oh well, if all he did was pp complaint without any communication. I would say he is a 99.99% scammer.

Anyway, if you don't have any money in your pp account. He is not going to get anything anyway.

It's fine to expose the scammers, but I don't think it really does anything. Maybe the dealers can start a blacklist, which stated the reason for blacklisting.

As an active ebay, I know the pain to deal with these assholes. You know what, I just sold a box of broken laptop parts on ebay for $17. All the parts are marked as dead, not working and broken. The buyer received it in 2 days and he told me that the parts are useless and he wanted me to refund him $20. Ya, right!

Edited by cwai02

I swear that sellers get scammed AT LEAST as much as buyers. I wish everyone would switch over to Western Union. If pp actually gives this animal his money back, what's to stop everyone from just going on pp, receiving their merchandise and then claiming "oh it was just an empty box"...? For Christ's sake dealers, stop using pp!

that is really sad to hear...

even if i ordered just one watch from josh all i can tell is that his service is the best one...

but no need to tell that to you guys, because some of you know it better than me...

Joshua, we are with you on this!

fight the scammers :boxing:

I swear that sellers get scammed AT LEAST as much as buyers. I wish everyone would switch over to Western Union. If pp actually gives this animal his money back, what's to stop everyone from just going on pp, receiving their merchandise and then claiming "oh it was just an empty box"...? For Christ's sake dealers, stop using pp!

Oh yeah, wonderful -- there's your answer. Let's just do away with pp so no buyer has any recourse whatsoever just because some twit turned out to be a thief.

I not only us pp, I fund it with my American Express so if pp won't do right by me, I know Amex will. I probably should also mention that I have bought several hundred watches these last few years that way and only had problems twice - both with sellers on ebay, and neither having anything to do with reps.

I do believe that exposing the puke was a wonderful idea; I'll see what I have on this mutt.

Bill

Vince is in colorado? Makes me wonder if he is the infamous scum-bag Scott Hawkins.

I think you dealers should post the identities of the scammers more often, because if they are scamming you, then they will likely try to scam unsuspecting members as well.

Exactly my thoughts, Watcher71. Just a clear gut feeling. Doesn't the name Vince Barone, sound like a name you would come up with if you said, "Uh...I think I'll use an Italian-American name this time"?

I have placed a few orders with Jos in the past.

And there was one recently, in which I recieved the incorrect watch.

I photographed the watch on top of the box, still packed in it's original packing, and sent it to him.

I had my correct watch in FOUR days to the US. He is a stand up dealer IMHO, and usually sends out correct or replacements instantly in order to keep his customers happy.

The problem is that some assholes try and take advantage of this trait becasue they see it as a weakness.

But hey forget that the dealers have info and adresses in which to dole out the the interent community. And that is not a good thing for a scammer.