When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine PO - tick or sweep?

BenWaaaaah

I have Joshua's orange and it's kind of ticky. Maybe I need to wind it...

:blink:

:g: put it on a winder for a day or two if that does not work get one of these and you will finaly know what smooth is

Seiko Prospex Marinemaster Professional 600m Spring Drive (SBDB001)

42311-37909.jpg

The Spring Drive movement is the smoothest calibre ever made :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Spring drive is a hybrid quartz/automatic. It does not tick at all...it is a true continous sweep motion. A quartz crystal couples to a spring brake which regulates the unwinding of the spring, which is directly coupled to the mechanicals of the watch. there are not microticks at all. the movement is like that of a motorized wall clock. the quartz circuit in the springdrive does not need a battery however. the winding rotor not only winds the spring, but also drives a small generator which fills a capacitor with enough energy to power the quartz driven brake mechanism.

Spring drive is he first true innovation in mechanical watches since the auto winding movement.

As far as the PO. I saw the Gen today (wonderful!!!) and it does have more of a tick than a rolex. I assume the gen is actually running at 21.6 and not 28.8. The above comment about the increased reserve sounds like a feasable reason.

As far as the PO. I saw the Gen today (wonderful!!!) and it does have more of a tick than a rolex. I assume the gen is actually running at 21.6 and not 28.8. The above comment about the increased reserve sounds like a feasable reason.

Another reason why the Miyota 21J movement versions of this watch are more visually authentic than the ETA 2824 ones!!