When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513/1680 Bezel Insert

ShawnBeever

Have just brought a new bezel insert for my MBW 5513 off wholesaleoutlet990 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-VIN...4QQcmdZViewItem

It has a vintage style pearl and while its not as good as a gen it is good value for $24 and much better than the standard MBW one.

This slight change has transformed the watch.

295280-2252.jpg

Interesting. Kinda looks like a white pimple under a glass dome. But at least it doesn't have the metal ring around it like so many 5513/1680 replacement inserts.

Can you post a straight on shot? The shot on ebay doesn't look too bad, but it would be nice to have another point of reference. Thanks

I've got a 5513 and a 1680 that I'm trying to "fix". Currently I'm waiting on the NOS dots from Watches and Parts in Hong Kong (I figure they cost $27 each). I've also considered ordering a couple of the illume dots from ofrei when I place my next order from them some time this month. My third option is to get out in the workshop and try making some small epoxy glue dots and then painting lume on the back side- but damn those those little boogers are small!

I couldn't agree with you more. I have a 5513 with the same Rolex script in the yellow print- if I could just figure out how to make it more gold in color, I'd be happy. But I don't want to spend $265 on a dial when I only spent $150 on the watch to begin with. I'm trying to build a WR beater that looks good on a budget! I don't even want to go to the trouble of putting on a gen crown and tube since the rep crown looks ok.

BTW, that pearl looks good from the front.

Shawn, what color is the printing on that MBW dial? - two pictures back it looked kinda yellow.

Yesterday, my vintage dots from watches and parts over in Hong Kong showed up. this morning I popped one into 5513 w/ Explorer dial from Paul- it snapped right in and then I popped the bezel off and added a few drops of glue to the back side- looks good and pretty simple for a $27 fix:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

post-175-1186670129_thumb.jpg

Shawn, what color is the printing on that MBW dial? - two pictures back it looked kinda yellow.

Yesterday, my vintage dots from watches and parts over in Hong Kong showed up. this morning I popped one into 5513 w/ Explorer dial from Paul- it snapped right in and then I popped the bezel off and added a few drops of glue to the back side- looks good and pretty simple for a $27 fix:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

post-175-1186670129_thumb.jpg

The printing is suposed to be gilt but is actually just yellow. Its a real disapointment especialy when the other MBW dials 1680, 1665 are all so good.

Yep, I have the same problem w/ my 5513 w/ the Explorer dial- yellow printing. I'm going to try gold aniline dye color as a wash on the dial and see if it helps. I keep trying to pick up a decent 5513 dial on fleabay for under $100 but haven't had any luck yet.