When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

no wonder people over charge their used reps

rkdk

I might be to kind, but i was selling a couple of reps in the sales section here, and they just flew out.

pam 183 asian with bob strap and no clasp 100$ bought it for 140$ from new

pam 217 asian with bob strap and dsn crystal (dust on the dial from previous broken crystal) 120$ 140$ from new+dsn crystal

and 187 with bob strap for 160$ cant remember what i bought it for.

dont know if i was selling too cheap, but they sure gathered interest quickly.

they are all abot 2 years old, and nothing special. The 187 is well worn, but still in super shape.

No wonder people jack up the price, but for honest guys with a realistic view on rep pricing, it sure is easy to get rid of some shelf queens.

the prices were really good...but those are watches that i have already...and i am saving this last month for a special rep from RL...

what I was wondering, how many of you guys re-sell your rep to friends or to friends of your friends? rather than on the board?

....I have never dealt on boards...because i manage to get better prices from local people...and because if i tell you how much custom taxes i paid for some of my pieces you would laugh...i could never re-sell them on the board for the half of money i pay for them...

imagine i paid for a modded 111h 500$...on top of that i had to pay another 60$ of Western union taxes...and 130$ of custom taxes...who the hell on earth would pay 700$ for a modded 3rd hand pam :o ..EXCEPT ME? :p

and the list goes on with all the expensive reps that I have...

@rkdk

I think your prices were very competative. For that reason they were sold in a second.

@dadog13

I always sell my reps on local sites were i get i higher price.

Nice detail : i e mailed rkdk about the 217 then decided to sel my 183 oin a local forum. Whilst posting it the 217 was already sold :angry:

So tryinnh to get more money can cost you a good opportunity.

Regards,

Cats

I might be to kind, but i was selling a couple of reps in the sales section here, and they just flew out.

pam 183 asian with bob strap and no clasp 100$ bought it for 140$ from new

pam 217 asian with bob strap and dsn crystal (dust on the dial from previous broken crystal) 120$ 140$ from new+dsn crystal

and 187 with bob strap for 160$ cant remember what i bought it for.

dont know if i was selling too cheap, but they sure gathered interest quickly.

they are all abot 2 years old, and nothing special. The 187 is well worn, but still in super shape.

No wonder people jack up the price, but for honest guys with a realistic view on rep pricing, it sure is easy to get rid of some shelf queens.

This doesn't surprise me for a few reasons:

First, when you buy a watch from a dealer more often than not there is not much QC when it leaves the factory, so your watch could have a number of problems (misaligned date window, crooked logo, bad movement just to name of few). It then could take weeks to straighten it out with a dealer. When you buy from another member, they "should" disclose any of the problems and post pics... so you can see the exact watch you are getting instead of a generic photo.

Second, if you buy from a member in your own country, all the customs risk has been avoided... a problem that plauges many of our members. In some cases it might be worth it to some people to pay a little more for a used watch than normal if they know it won't be taken at customs.

Finally, price. We have all seen the general trend that the prices of these reps are going in. If you can pick up the exact watch you want for a $100 or so cheaper with any potential issues disclosed and no customs risk... seems like a no brainer to me.... B)

EDIT:

btw I wouldn't necessarily call it "over changing"... people are willing to pay for peace of mind... myself included

Edited by Feta1