When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Two-Tone Navitimer : your opinion ?

Pix

Looks pretty good. At a guess I would say it's the quartz version. If the seconds are on the 6 dial, theyre in the wrong place. The 'b' on the end of the large seconds hand is usually a dead give away, but it seems to be shaped very nicely on this one. Sub dials are too close together, and the date window is too small.

The overall impressions are very good though, especially the date wheel positioning, and if that is a quartz, the knurls on the bezel are pretty good too, I have seen some very bad ones, they are usually too thick. As in the gap from the inside of the gold coloured part to the outside is too wide (if this makes sense) This is the same on the 7750 version available too, if you see a gen Navitimer, this 'ring' is very thin, but this is by far the best version if it is quartz!!

Great purchase!

b16a2,

I can't do anything against experts ;)

Indeed, it's a Quartz (seconds @6 and non recessed date are surely a tell), and I have been looking for one for a while. The ones from TT and PC were not enough for me, especially their caseback and dials.

That one breathes quality. I was not aware of all the details you mentionned, thx for that, I learnt a lot about the Navi.

It came with a bracelet, but I usually don't like Breitling bracelets, so I took my spare SFSO black strap, and it gives the perfect balance to this watch. I'm not always a fan of gold, in this case, it's just fine.

@Stephane : there are 2 Breitlings which meet my standards as far as their look is concerned : the SFSO and the Navitimer...

I got both now :D

I'm probably finished in the Breitling section...

@REK001 : on CQout... I'll PM the name of the seller if you're interested. The prices are not cheaper there, but you find watches our dealers don't carry.

That was my second purchase there (after a Quartz Hublot, which is far under the Bretiling as far as the finishing is concerned).

Price was 95 dollars shipped... unbeatable against the Quartz Navi from our dealers : this time I feel I did two hits in one shot >> quality and price. I love that :D

Thx for your comments, all.

Here is my small review after two days owning the thing.

Where did I buy it ?

As mentionned already, got it from CQout. That's a place where you have some Asian and UK dealers selling reps too. Well, it's basically not cheaper than our dealers and also you might encounter croocked sellers as well but, once you found the right one, things just roll on smoothly. The advantage I see is that you find cheaper (but, beware, also worse) reps which are not carried by our known dealers. It actually made fun for me to dig for a nice looking inexpensive rep. Don't forget that the same "little white lies" also apply. Which I particularly enjoyed is the vast choice.

As I have nothing against Quartz, this place has become a nice one for me to get nice thingies under 100 dollars shipped. I understand this can't be everyone's choice.

Transaction went well and I got the watch within 10 days by registered airmail from HK, although the seller is from Singapore. Shipping fee : 6 pounds. Rep for 42 pounds. That's a total of 95 dollars shipped.

How is it as a watch ?

That's my second purchase there. The first was a cheap Quartz RG HBB, looking great on the wrist, but definitely not the level of our usual reps, and not the level of this Navitimer.

This Navi looks great for several reasons :

- no lack or thin looking plating

- no visible steel defect

- nice caseback : engraved and embossed, unlike most cheap reps which are laser marked

- details (logos and printing) all look sharp. Look at the seconds hand and the macros... I did not find badly finished parts. The pushers are OK too.

- for the first time ever, the bezel is NOT loose ; that's often a drawback with inexpensive reps. This one turns smoothly but feels tight. No click (I don't know how it should be)

A bit light, but not too : comes from the quartz mov. Also, the bracelet which came with feels light. Either it's not 100% stainless steel (I did not check it as I want to sell it later) or it's not plain SS. Here are some pics. Note the links have screws.

301370-2077.jpg301370-2078.jpg

Anyway, that was too much for me and while buying it I had in mind to use my spare SFSO leather strap from Ruby (thx St

Thought I'd post a pic of a Navitimer for reference to the bezel knurl thickness. On the reps it isn't out by much, but you know what us rep fanatics are like haha

Also note the shape of the 'b'on the end of the stop watch second hand, compare that to the reps. Some look great, as per Pix's Navi, and also two of Alex's are pretty good too! Note the one on the 50th anniversary model, its slightly too wiry, and the wrong way around.

The date font is turned around, so instead of reading horizontaly, it is vertical as in the pic below (on the single digits only).

Hope this helps in spotting the gens from the reps.

The reps we have of the navitimer are actually very very accurate. The differences are very minimal, and it would take someone who knew them inside out to spot one. That goes for alot of the Breitling reps around today, take a look at Usil's Bentley for another example.

Pix and Alex can both be safe in the knowledge that for the money you both have a very good replica!

EDIT FORGOT THE PICTURE :bangin:

303584-569.jpg

@Stephane : there are 2 Breitlings which meet my standards as far as their look is concerned : the SFSO and the Navitimer...

I got both now :D

I'm probably finished in the Breitling section...

@REK001 : on CQout... I'll PM the name of the seller if you're interested. The prices are not cheaper there, but you find watches our dealers don't carry.

That was my second purchase there (after a Quartz Hublot, which is far under the Bretiling as far as the finishing is concerned).

Price was 95 dollars shipped... unbeatable against the Quartz Navi from our dealers : this time I feel I did two hits in one shot >> quality and price. I love that :D

I'm very impressed by your Navi. I've been searching for a good quality quartz model for some time. Would you be so kind as to tell me the dealer at CQout.

True, the "fix" is "easy" finally.

There are some watches (reps and gens) I'd like to have ARed due to their reflection (MB Timewalker black) and one or the other just because they have a beautiful dial, that would gain getting AR (this Navi for instance, although it's very readable and probably cheaper than the AR operation itself)...