When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 112H : advice needed for a new band and buckle

Stephane

Dear All,

I have a 112 H and it looks like this.

301364-2082.jpg

Hard to wear without a band ;)

So here is my choices submited to you as I hesitate :blink:

Thanks for your help,

Cheers

Stephane

Number one strap choice: Carbon Black

301364-2083.jpg

Number Two Strap choice: Vintage Chocolat

301364-2084.jpg

Number one buckle: OEM as it is Vend

1) http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=44836 ;)

2) Go with GPF polished for the buckle.

3) I am not going to make the common mistake of giving you what I think YOU should buy. If you want a Bob strap, fine.

Having seen you in Wrist-Check action these two months (my anniversary yesterday!), I see you favour darker, more elegant colours in watch faces than your usual guy here.

So of the choices of Bob straps you gave us, I'd say you and Vintage choco are made for each other, Stephane. :)

Interestingly, though it's not a personal favourite of mine at all, I think your skin tone and dress sense would go very well with that first Carbon strap. It would look sporty-chic on you.

Please consider buying from these RWI forum strapmakers, who will custom-make you a strap to your wrist size. It's like being fitted at Maison Chanel!

All for the same price, ultimately, as the Bobs. $65-$85.

Tootall: http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thre...riety+of+colors

(You and that "Blue Steel" were made for each other. I am getting his Moroccan Sunset, by the way)

Savage:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thre...+%26amp%3B+26mm

(Look at that British Tan. Fantastic for you, Stephane)

And:

FxrAndy: http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/fxrandy/DSCN3074.jpg

(Beautiful work, and since he is starting, should be reasonably priced for you, and in the EU, too)

Of course, V who comes back today!

So there we are. Wear your new strap well. That 112 base is BEAUTIFUL.

Ah, well, I guess I couldn't get better advice but from Mademoiselle Strap!

My new .sig, ladies & gentlemen!

Many thanks for the time spent Vic.

Nice to see members who takes so much time and spend such an nrg to help!

Why not? I am up awaiting an email from Davidsen (who is being more and more gentlemanly about everything. I love it!).

Chapeau!

Merci!

Too bad you missed the earlier conversation Phantom of the Router, Ryyannon, Xim, and I had about Chartres, Rheims, and other wonderful cathedrals around France (Shoutbox).

PS: no Mario Pacci ???

I check Elliot's webpage every morning for specials, RELIGIOUSLY, speaking of cathedrals...but I didn't think you would like his Daily Special price at the moment or the colour:

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

"Officine Firenze by Mario Paci "Medici" in Tan with sewn in MP buckle for panerai watches

Una Nueva tradizione......Hand made in Italy Code:OF_TC_1

Price:$99.99"

However, both RWI and Repgeeks currently have an unmissable special from him with two different straps, called "Overnight Specials". One has to buy them before he wakes up, his time in Texas.

Two straps which cost U$109/119, being sold for less than $25 with BUCKLE. :crazy:

@Stephane, below: Pay only one S/H fee! Even if you purchase them separately, he combines several straps in one package. And yes, if YOU MENTION that the Friday Special was there when you checked it, he honours the price until the website changes.

Two straps which cost U$109/119, being sold for less than $25 with BUCKLE. :crazy:

Indeed !

I just saw a friday special Carbon with buckle for 44$ in the link you posted here.

I'm getting that one aswell.

Too cool.

I hope it's going to stay as we are saturday already!

Cheers

Stephane

stephane, i have mounted genuine gator straps from thewatchboys at ebay (great straps) about $100 but i never realized how cheap you can get a slightly worn genuine strap on paneristi.. i bought so far 8 genuine pam straps and spend less than 1g. gen rubber straps are awesome! go for around $80 and would be my first choice on the 112H. i 90% of the time wear my gens on the rubber straps these days. looks awesome with the clean 112H dial!

may I ask what kind of crown you have on your 112H?

Yes you may ;)

But I'm sorry I have no idea.

Give me some time to look further on what should be done and I'll post a review and a nice story about this 112H.

Here is a pic of CG. Mine is the right one (112)

301877-1841.jpg

I'm a beginner in Pams :unsure:

@Flav: thanks for the idea. I'll look at that.

I ordered a shark and a carbon from Elliot already.

Gen Rubber could be an option too of course.

I need some more time to "penetrate" the Pam world...

Cheers

Stephane

301951-1826.jpg

Wow, seriously? Davidsen's doesn't look as good as the one, yours, on the right! :g:

I was thinking my next DSN might be the 112 too...

@Pix: I have that "waffle" pattern strap, and though V is right, it's not OEM as I had once thought, and yes, the leather is not great -- it still looks very cool.

301951-1827.jpg

Mademoiselle V.

It looks great for sure, I found it a bit different from what we usually see. For 20 dollars it could not be a high quality strap, but as I wear it only once in a while, that's not a real problem. Could be a bit thicker though.

Back to the 112H, I feel a smooth black strap is a faultless choice. :D

Wow, seriously? Davidsen's doesn't look as good as the one, yours, on the right! :g:

Well Mademoiselle Strap, note I am only at the beginning of the lessons from Pam freaks.

Sssurfer made some helpfull comment on my 112H and I will continue to investigate.

The crown and the CG are not bad in fact. Perhaps the crown a little too distant from the case.

Now, like for Rolex, these are mini mini mini flaws for maxi maxi loupe, including Dvn crown that is to close to the case on this picture of course.

Enjoy Davidsen. I'm sure other dealers have some other flaws.

That's the game, isn't it ?

Cheers

Stephane