When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2893 Datewheels

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, the datewheels have been ordered and paid for so in about 4 weeks or hopefully less they will be delivered so that they can go off to the printers. So think we are looking at 6 weeks maximum. Patience is a virtue- as they say!!!

Gentlemen, the datewheels have been ordered and paid for...

Mark, when you want the payment just lmk.

Finepics I think this is great that you've set this up... unfortunately $100+ CDN is too much for me for a datewheel...

For the next batch, maybe someone can figure out how to order a bunch of OEM ones for under $25 USD from this place

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=22845&hl=

DRS Watch Materials

56 West 47st

NY, NY 10036

Tel: 212 819-0470

unfortunately $100+ CDN is too much for me for a datewheel...

:blink: ?????? :blink:

What is CDN???

Finepics I think this is great that you've set this up... unfortunately $100+ CDN is too much for me for a datewheel...

For the next batch, maybe someone can figure out how to order a bunch of OEM ones for under $25 USD from this place

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=22845&hl=

DRS Watch Materials

56 West 47st

NY, NY 10036

Tel: 212 819-0470

Not quite sure you have grasped this - I am sourcing and using OEM datewheels but having them re-printed with the correct font. Only other way to get them is to ask Panerai if they will supply you with one!!!! Yeah, whatever!

40 quid is more than worth it for the effort Mark is putting into this, the cost of a datewheel, the time spent on the artwork, the calls, the process of sending them in and recieving them...........

Thank goodness we have a project like this going on, this is the key to perfect PVD 028s! :yeah:

this is the key to perfect PVD 028s! :yeah:

Apart from the "OFFICNE PANERAI" engraving on the rotor... :(

Not quite sure you have grasped this - I am sourcing and using OEM datewheels but having them re-printed with the correct font. Only other way to get them is to ask Panerai if they will supply you with one!!!! Yeah, whatever!

I thought that store that was mentioned in that thread actually did get OEM parts since they are a watchsmith in the diamond district? I guess I was mistaken...

£40 is $85 Canadian... but I would be interested if it could be here within 2 weeks... any chance of that?

I am in for one too! Thanks Master :3a:

By the way, as you comment that this company also does custom dials, would be feasible to order a batch of custom PAM-036 (Marina Militare) dials with the right text (T SWISS T)? I know there is a prototype 036 with an L SWISS L dial on the Paneristi Reference section, but it seems all the production watches have the other text :animal_rooster:

I thought that store that was mentioned in that thread actually did get OEM parts since they are a watchsmith in the diamond district? I guess I was mistaken...

£40 is $85 Canadian... but I would be interested if it could be here within 2 weeks... any chance of that?

I still don't think you have fully grasped what is happening here. All the 2893 movt PAM's just have the standard ETA datewheels fitted and so have the wrong font. I am buying 2893 stock wheels in advance and having them re-printed to match the PAM font. The advantage of this is that you get a new datehweel ready printed to fit your movt. I have also been doing the 7753 wheels but here I had to send the wheel from the watch to be printed as I cannot buy these wheels form ETA (you can only get these from the name on the dial ie Panerai, who are unlikely to want to supply them!!!). You are paying for the time and effort I have put into getting this done, and for the printing and the wheel. Sure I am making a bit extra out of it but then how much is all the phone calls and hours doing artwork worth when I might only sell 30-40!!

I am in for one too! Thanks Master :3a:

By the way, as you comment that this company also does custom dials, would be feasible to order a batch of custom PAM-036 (Marina Militare) dials with the right text (T SWISS T)? I know there is a prototype 036 with an L SWISS L dial on the Paneristi Reference section, but it seems all the production watches have the other text :animal_rooster:

As you all know I like a project or two and this is something I am working on at the moment in collaboration with another member -updates will be posted at the appropriate time!!!

I still don't think you have fully grasped what is happening here. All the 2893 movt PAM's just have the standard ETA datewheels fitted and so have the wrong font. I am buying 2893 stock wheels in advance and having them re-printed to match the PAM font. The advantage of this is that you get a new datehweel ready printed to fit your movt. I have also been doing the 7753 wheels but here I had to send the wheel from the watch to be printed as I cannot buy these wheels form ETA (you can only get these from the name on the dial ie Panerai, who are unlikely to want to supply them!!!). You are paying for the time and effort I have put into getting this done, and for the printing and the wheel. Sure I am making a bit extra out of it but then how much is all the phone calls and hours doing artwork worth when I might only sell 30-40!!

Okay Mark, you've sold me. I'm sure my 063 will thank you! Please count me in for one :)

I'm desperate to get my date wheel, cyclops, and crown correct on my 063.