When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planning next purchase: Lady Datejust

BobM

I am planning a purchase of this watch by about 15 Sept. I am very interested in any comments, suggestions, or offers to consider a used option. Thanks for contributing to my education and a

Edited by BobM

Sounds like an impressive watch, but unless she earns like she can afford a $25,000 timepiece, might want to go with something a little less "bling". Just a thought. Plus, the full gold versions are usually always the wrong color. Oh; and don't forget how fast that gold will wear off. Whatever makes her happy, though!

My girl prefers SS: :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14992&hl=

Sounds like an impressive watch, but unless she earns like she can afford a $25,000 timepiece, might want to go with something a little less "bling". Just a thought. Plus, the full gold versions are usually always the wrong color. Oh; and don't forget how fast that gold will wear off. Whatever makes her happy, though!

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful watch!

My Mrs. will be able to carry off the gold and diamonds. That would not be my style but it is hers. Almost of her jewelry is gold and diamonds.

I am concerned about the gold. I understand standard rep gold is plated 5 microns over stainless. I have seen at leasst one site (YinMax.com) which offers a thicker palting (~15 microns) for a little more money, of course. Is that a good option if one is going to get gold? I don't see that offered by any of our collectors?

Hi there ,

i just purchased yesterday a nice white face roman numbers SS ladyes DJ from a fellow member that i plan to suprize my gf with ...

ill add some pictures whan it arrives ... woud like to get a box do as a gift i think its a nice twist to have it packed in a rolli box ...

REGARDS LAZ

Given the advise and concerns about the full gold (but it HAS to be gold; that is what she wants!), I think I will get an ordinary, basic 5 micron plate and later have it properly plated up to about 20 microns. (artisanplating.com)

Valuable suggestions and thanks.

are you sure artisan plating will plate a rep?

I have never had them do any work yet. Maybe they won't ... but. firstly, how would they know. What they will get is not the whole watch. They are going to get just the metal parts which are to be plated, with no representation of what it is. Secondly, why would they care? They are a plating house. They don't really care about watches.

Maybe they won't. But maybe we will see. I have a Rolex Platinum President inbound to me now. After a littl time I may send that one up to them to have it platinum plated. We'll see.

I have never had them do any work yet. Maybe they won't ... but. firstly, how would they know. What they will get is not the whole watch. They are going to get just the metal parts which are to be plated, with no representation of what it is. Secondly, why would they care? They are a plating house. They don't really care about watches.

Maybe they won't. But maybe we will see. I have a Rolex Platinum President inbound to me now. After a littl time I may send that one up to them to have it platinum plated. We'll see.

ah i see. but if you want the bracelet, they will see the insignia, and if you send the head, they'll see the dial.