When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

day off with the kids

hoochman

304513-977.jpg

There is nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, that makes a woman like a man more than to see him be a good daddy to his kids.

Exceptional, Hoochman. Congrats on your lovely family!!

P.S.: I can't believe your little one was just born a month ago. Look at him! He's gonna be a linebacker. :)

• 2 years later...

Adorable! But what did you do to the DSSD to mod it? I see that it's lumed but the insert, pearl, and everything else look stock for a v5 model.

thanks. maybe fully modded was the wrong choice of words. it was sent to the zigmeister for a full service, lume and installation of a chief ar crystal. and yes, i know double ar is not accurate to the gen but all of my reps get he royal treatment. this is one of the latter swiss ultimate versions ... is there a more accurate insert etc. out there now?

The bezel insert in the v5 sits just a little too high. Yours is exactly the same as mine .. it needs 0.5-1mm shaved off the underside of the insert so that it becomes recessed beneath the bezel outer ring and the pearl needs a tiny drop of clear epoxy to make it domed.

I should have done this a few months ago when my insert fell out on it's own but now it's securely glued back into place.

thanks. maybe fully modded was the wrong choice of words. it was sent to the zigmeister for a full service, lume and installation of a chief ar crystal. and yes, i know double ar is not accurate to the gen but all of my reps get he royal treatment. this is one of the latter swiss ultimate versions ... is there a more accurate insert etc. out there now?

To answer your question directly.. NO there is not a more accurate insert out there now. :) Your watch looks beautiful to me. And for a DSSD, I'd say that it's beautifully modded, since you don't find many modded DSSD's out there to begin with :good:

p.s. your crystal is invisible. Nice shot! :)

The bezel insert in the v5 sits just a little too high. Yours is exactly the same as mine .. it needs 0.5-1mm shaved off the underside of the insert so that it becomes recessed beneath the bezel outer ring and the pearl needs a tiny drop of clear epoxy to make it domed.

I should have done this a few months ago when my insert fell out on it's own but now it's securely glued back into place.

thanks for the tips jkay. although i'm not sure i'll get around to these mods anytime soon.

To answer your question directly.. NO there is not a more accurate insert out there now. :) Your watch looks beautiful to me. And for a DSSD, I'd say that it's beautifully modded, since you don't find many modded DSSD's out there to begin with :good:

p.s. your crystal is invisible. Nice shot! :)

thanks for the kind words plaifender ... i'm quite happy with it!