When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New B&R?

ajoesmith

I see at least they have the movement correctly named this time.

Edit

I just noticed the [censored]ing price $178 for a [censored]ing asian 4813 i can get an ETA sub for cheaper, are they having a [censored]ing laugh or what we wont have a problem with people buying from some of the dealers soon it will be [censored]ing cheeper to go to an AD in a limo!

I just order one of these from Angus and it came with the Rubber strap on it. I got the PVD with the orange

You've got some nerve...making a post like that WITHOUT PICTURES! ;)

I see at least they have the movement correctly named this time.

Edit

I just noticed the [censored]ing price $178 for a [censored]ing asian 4813 i can get an ETA sub for cheaper, are they having a [censored]ing laugh or what we wont have a problem with people buying from some of the dealers soon it will be [censored]ing cheeper to go to an AD in a limo!

Please read my signature, then you know why :)

I just order one of these from Angus and it came with the Rubber strap on it. I got the PVD with the orange
Is the movement working OK? Never heard of this model.
does anyone know if a 46mm rubber B&R strap will fit this watch?
Yes, the BR uses the same strap for 46 and 42mm models.

Please read my signature, then you know why :)

I know what your sig says Slay, i read every post in the LWL thread and Edges post and made a desision to use other suppliers from that time and i have not gone back on that desision. I just dont want to carry a masive banner saying so. I find the markup on these reps disgusting and i will not be spending my cash on them at this price. If you look at the Asian 21j versian listed 6 months ago they were $98 is, well this 4813 movement is just an asian 21j so why the price? The same as in politics you vote well i vote with my wallet, and at least here we have an alternative.

I find the markup on these reps disgusting and i will not be spending my cash on them at this price. If you look at the Asian 21j versian listed 6 months ago they were $98 is, well this 4813 movement is just an asian 21j so why the price? The same as in politics you vote well i vote with my wallet, and at least here we have an alternative.

:clap::clap2::clap3: FxrAndy, Just wish I the ability to say that!

The sooner people here realise that a lack of buyers, will reflect the sentiments of US, the buying public.... (for heavens sake, they're our $$, until we foolishly give them away)..... the sooner the sellers will get the message that these practices are not acceptable!

I have yet to see a businessman not react to a downturn in sales.... one way or the other.

Offshore

All, I am sorry to go Off Topic!! I am doing exactly what I am attempting to stop on another thread!

So, on this one at least... back to a discussion on a new B & R!

Would i be right in saying that this model DOESNT have the hex screws on the case back?,

So this looks pretty close to the Gen then?

Yup...The main difference with this rep is the thickness. The genuine case thickness is 9.5mm, while the rep is 11 or 12mm thick.

@mzimand1:

Is it possible that our manufacturer made a slightly different bezel then original? To me the rep bezel looks a little off in shape. It appears a little rounded, not so sharp like on the gen.

Maybe that the manufacturer tried to make it look thinner this way, because the rep-case is ~2mm thicker... :-)

I can only judge on the pics I saw on the sites of Josh, Andrew, King and those of a member on RWI - didn`t see the rep in person until now.

Edit:

Would be interested in someone`s (who already recieved the rep) comparison to gen

Edited by Panama

@mzimand1:

Is it possible that our manufacturer made a slightly different bezel then original? To me the rep bezel looks a little off in shape. It appears a little rounded, not so sharp like on the gen.

Maybe that the manufacturer tried to make it look thinner this way, because the rep-case is ~2mm thicker... :-)

I can only judge on the pics I saw on the sites of Josh, Andrew, King and those of a member on RWI - didn`t see the rep in person until now.

Edit:

Would be interested in someone`s (who already recieved the rep) comparison to gen

Panama - I revieved my BR03-92 Orange "Limited" 42mm today. I went to the AD and compared it to a Gen. It is a very accurate Rep watch and the case, as far as I could see, was spot on! The rounded edge on the bezel you are refereing to is only an illusion from the photos. The bezel is the exact shape of the Gen.

Unlike the post I saw of the BR03-92 with white markings on the dial where the dial markers and hands were lumed, the orange limited version I received only had lume on the hour and minute hands. Also, I am not really sure that this watch has an AR coating.

It is a very nice watch, however, and when the Swiss mov'mnt version comes out I will but that version for sure!

If anyone buys a BR03-92 with orange markers & hands and the dial is lumed, I would like to know. I am wondering if there are two different dial versions out there...

Panama - I revieved my BR03-92 Orange "Limited" 42mm today. I went to the AD and compared it to a Gen. It is a very accurate Rep watch and the case, as far as I could see, was spot on! The rounded edge on the bezel you are refereing to is only an illusion from the photos. The bezel is the exact shape of the Gen.

I think the rep case is thicker than the gen. The bottom of the lugs protudes lower than the back of the case. In the rep, it is the other way round. The rep looks too thick in fact.

I think the rep case is thicker than the gen. The bottom of the lugs protudes lower than the back of the case. In the rep, it is the other way round. The rep looks too thick in fact.

I think your right about the thickness (the Rep looks la tiny bit thicker), but I have held the Rep & the Gen side by side. The thickness of the case and the lug shape is not something that you can really see any difference in, even when the two are side by side.