When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR coating in EU possiblity?

b16a2

AR interest  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in ar coating in the EU?

• Yes
    • No

Ok, I have been browsing the internet looking for companies who might offer an AR coating in the EU/UK.

I have come across this company.....

http://www.diamondcoatings.co.uk/products4.html#products

I haven't made contact with them as yet, but if there is enough intereset it may be worth approaching them

I don't have the equipment to measure crystals to ensure everyone receives the correct crystal etc... and neither do I have the time.

If there is anyone who would be willing to conduct a group AR service and make contact with the company if there is interest, then it would be of great benefit to our community.

If it turns out that the company doesn't provide the service then I have found a couple of other firms who might be willing to do so, but from the website this looked the most promising

B16a2

I was chatting with an optician about this in Germany the other day, he has a lab where he sends his glasses to to get it done but was not sure if they would do watch crystals, I have to pop in again this week i will enquire some more, as i have a railmaster case and crystal i could do with getting done.

Ok so far we have 10 interested parties. It's only been up for a few hours so Il contact them tomorrow and see what they say. I think at this rate we could easily muster 20 crystals. Il keep everyone updated.

Maybe there is also somebody who is capable of removing the crystals...

I'm not sure if I can do this on my own?

I have a dream: a EU located The Zigmeister.... offering AR, service, date wheel change etc.

I was chatting with an optician about this in Germany the other day, he has a lab where he sends his glasses to to get it done but was not sure if they would do watch crystals, I have to pop in again this week i will enquire some more, as i have a railmaster case and crystal i could do with getting done.

i'd be in for the same watch and crystal :p

I'm not in Europe, but the dial on my PP Nautilus is so beautiful that I'm thinking I want it AR'd to take it to another level. Maybe I could ship my watch to The Zigmeister for the crystal removal and re-seating, but I'm not sure if he's back on the job at this point...I think he might still be on his deserved vacation.

I'd be interested depending on cost and whether I can afford it. I may well have a few to do. I don't know how to remove the crystal though.

See K222's post, he has an AR coating service available in Europe. The pictures as shown by his previous run are somewhat incredible! So Il leave this little avenue closed for now, unless in the future K222 stops the AR runs and we require another to be started.