When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Personality Profiles

ryyannon

bruce79

Profile Views: 42*

An RWG regular, bruce79 contributes a respectable average of one post per day to the forum, on subjects as diverse as "Recommendations on top grade gator straps" to "Looking for a nice quality watch box."

A socialable SoCal dude, bruce79 is always ready to hook up with other RWG members in the area for a drink a bite to eat and, of course, an enjoyable RWG-style rep watch Show & Tell!

:)

Hyster

Profile Views: 17*

Viewing Forum: Watches

A warm RWG welcome to Hyster! The shy type, Hyster has contributed less than one post per day since joining us in July, 2006. Hyster "bought a Seawolf from King a while ago" but "when it arrived it had an unfinished pearl." Not one to give up, our resourceful member "bought a gen dial on ebay and contacted Finepics to see if he would do the job."

Good move, Hyster, and hang in there - we're all hoping you'll get the Seawolf of your dreams!

Steve G

Profile Views: 79*

415 posts (1 per day)

A heavy and faithful hitter from good old New Joisey, our friend Steve G (any relation to Kenny? :p ) has been lobbing a post a day to the RWG outfield since April, 2006! When not "searching for a source to do AR coating", Steve leaves no rock unturned in his quest for "the VCO dial that has the larger more correct cross." With imperatives like that, it's a wonder that Steve has time to log into RWG... but we're glad he does, and we'll continue following his precious contributions with all the interest they merit!

More to come...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FasTTaP

Profile Views: 35*

355 posts (1 per day)

How not to include our Gallic friend FasTT, an RWG member who's been serving up posts (and buying up reps) like crepes since March 2006. Today, FasTT's existential dilemma du jour can be summed up as, "I've got this 7750 pre daytona, the gen is supposed to host a Valjoux cal. 72 and I could'nt find the following info : is this an automatic or a manual movement???

Darned if I know, FasTT! But it sure looks like it ain't something they taught you in that super-elite French university you graduated from, n'est-ce pas?

Coming Up:

To Be Announced

Defacto

Profile Views: 9*

Viewing Topic: Iwc Big Pilot

8 posts (0 per day)

My apologies to the numerous other candidates, but hey, when a guy only posts eight times a year, he's rarer than Moby [censored: name for male sex organ, beginning with 'D'] - and more difficult to harpoon!

A playful guy, Defacto, with a keen sense of fun - as evidenced by his latest post on the forum in the form of an entertaining little game: "Guess the Gen"! As Defacto explains it, "The title is pretty self-explanatory...take a pic of the back of one of your Gens, post said pic, and everyone should make a guess as to what said watch is...when the posted Gen has been guessed, I'll post up another one in my collection."

Must be one heck of a collection, since Defacto starts the game out with, "Here's my 1st contribution, my VC "????????????????"

Nice pitch, Defacto...we'd love to see your 2nd contribution, so don't keep us waiting long!

CY0811

Profile Views: 44*

305 posts (1 per day)

They say the early bird (GMT-1 here) gets the worm, and this morning's catch is no exception to the rule: the guy with the James Bond moniker who just loves sunny L.A. seasoned with a little spicy TTK, "one the best rep dealers we have. Period."

No noobie to the game, CY has "been getting reps from our forum dealers for over 5 years." That's a lot of years and certainly many watches, but CY's enthusiasm is as fresh as on the first day - especially when he can trump a tool with a real Breit by wearing his "old case 196 Pam on Rubber w/deploy" over lunch with the girls in the City of Angels.

Five years on the scene and probably nearly as many as a loyal reader of RWG: CY0811, it's high time that you got your 15 minutes of fame on the forum.

Let's hope it won't be too difficult for you to C Y ? :bangin:

FasTTaP

Profile Views: 35*

355 posts (1 per day)

How not to include our Gallic friend FasTT, an RWG member who's been serving up posts (and buying up reps) like crepes since March 2006. Today, FasTT's existential dilemma du jour can be summed up as, "I've got this 7750 pre daytona, the gen is supposed to host a Valjoux cal. 72 and I could'nt find the following info : is this an automatic or a manual movement???

Darned if I know, FasTT! But it sure looks like it ain't something they taught you in that super-elite French university you graduated from, n'est-ce pas?

:D You got me on this one :lol: :lol:

As you know, educational system in France is having a bad time these days... And I could'nt find any Watch 101 course -_- So I graduated in marketing <_<

Found my answer on this pre daytona though, it's a manual movement, much much thinner than a 7750, unfortunately...

As you know, educational system in France is having a bad time these days... And I could'nt find any Watch 101 course -_- So I graduated in marketing <_<

Now, that's an example of Cartesianism in action, FasTT! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

"I think, therefore I work in bu$ine$$..." :gun2:

Sadly enough, RWG is also having a bad time these days: it can't find enogh people to upgrade their membership - or even make a donation of deux fois trois sous. :please:

Et c'est la galere for ze guy who runs it all! :frusty:

But since you're a marketing ace, maybe you could suggest a way to sell the idea of supporting RWG to the members who still haven't contributed...before we have to turn into a watch pr0n site just to make ends meet? :yuk:

A votre bon coeur, mon ami!

Defacto

Profile Views: 9*

Viewing Topic: Iwc Big Pilot

8 posts (0 per day)

My apologies to the numerous other candidates, but hey, when a guy only posts eight times a year, he's rarer than Moby [censored: name for male sex organ, beginning with 'D'] - and more difficult to harpoon!

A playful guy, Defacto, with a keen sense of fun - as evidenced by his latest post on the forum in the form of an entertaining little game: "Guess the Gen"! As Defacto explains it, "The title is pretty self-explanatory...take a pic of the back of one of your Gens, post said pic, and everyone should make a guess as to what said watch is...when the posted Gen has been guessed, I'll post up another one in my collection."

Must be one heck of a collection, since Defacto starts the game out with, "Here's my 1st contribution, my VC "????????????????"

Nice pitch, Defacto...we'd love to see your 2nd contribution, so don't keep us waiting long!

Ryyannon, amazing contribution and effort here, buddy! Thanks for this, I'm so flattered that in spite of my ability to evade whalers' harpoons (I'm telling you, those things can HURT :p), people appreciate the little contribution I make to this great place! And yes...keep your eye out in the "Guess the Gen" thread, I'm going to keep that one rolling for a while! That being said, I'm going to start having to pull casebacks off of some of my Gens to keep things rolling at a good pace! Cheers!

Marc283

Profile Views: 3*

Local Time: Aug 31 2007, 04:56 PM

38 posts (0 per day)

Another dude who's been around since the year 1 at RWG, Marc283 may be thriftly in his posts, but he sure lets out all the stops when it comes to spending his swag on genuine watches! After nearly springing for a rather pricey Planet Ocean, Marc283 realized that "I really liked the Breitling Superocean Steelfish also"and the rest is history: "It was fun to shop for a gen watch. Will do it again I guess sometime in the future."

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm for gens and all, but have you ever seriously thought about the future of RWG, Marc?

Who knows.

But what's for sure is that in the meantime, 'Life Is Good' for Marc283: no stranger to the rep world either, our man was recently waxing poetic about his new and "beautifull Chopard Gran Tursimo XL, white dial" in the columns of RWG.

With so many watches - both gens and reps in the hands of so many members - why is it that so many of them don't seem to know what time it is around here?

Could it be that outside of fluffing their own egos, they really don't care?

Nah, couldn't be that....

Could it, Marc?

Ryyannon, amazing contribution and effort here, buddy! Thanks for this, I'm so flattered that in spite of my ability to evade whalers' harpoons (I'm telling you, those things can HURT :p), people appreciate the little contribution I make to this great place! And yes...keep your eye out in the "Guess the Gen" thread, I'm going to keep that one rolling for a while! That being said, I'm going to start having to pull casebacks off of some of my Gens to keep things rolling at a good pace! Cheers!

Can anyone point me to an Emoticon of a guy (me) shooting himself in the head?

:rolleyes:

Wow ryyannon, that took me by surprise :)

Good idea though, I've enjoyed reading those.

I will take this as a wake up call to start being more active around here, thanks for including me and thanks for the warm welcome.

bruce79

Hyster

Profile Views: 17*

Viewing Forum: Watches

A warm RWG welcome to Hyster! The shy type, Hyster has contributed less than one post per day since joining us in July, 2006. Hyster "bought a Seawolf from King a while ago" but "when it arrived it had an unfinished pearl." Not one to give up, our resourceful member "bought a gen dial on ebay and contacted Finepics to see if he would do the job."

Good move, Hyster, and hang in there - we're all hoping you'll get the Seawolf of your dreams!

I think he's also encouraging people to get a VIP membership ...

Really Pug, how could you ever imagine that?

Visible only to VIP members:

By the way, you forgot to include just a frigging contribution if they're too cheap (or broke, like the poor souls reduced to having to buy gens to satisfy their needs) to go VIP - just a little something to show that they appreciate everything that's being done on this forum for its members.

No, but really, Pug....you've sooo hurt my feelings! :lol:

Can anyone point me to an Emoticon of a guy (me) shooting himself in the head?

:rolleyes:

Like this?

SmileySuicide.gif

:lol: It would've been alot funnier before you edited your post.

I also "took the hint". RWG has been a great resource (Including helping someone on a very popular Gen forum find out that he was sold a fake Navi World...for a gen price, he fortunately got his money back), and it's the least I can do.

Edited by Defacto

I presume that the "least you can do" means upgrading your membership and not shooting me in the head?

Ok, let's go for the first:

Thank you, Defacto, and welcome to the select group of suckers who pay for everyone else!

May The Watch Angels (TTK, JetMid, and Slay) watch over and protect you in all your future illegal endeavors! :)

Marc283

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm for gens and all, but have you ever seriously thought about the future of RWG, Marc?

Who knows.

But what's for sure is that in the meantime, 'Life Is Good' for Marc283: no stranger to the rep world either, our man was recently waxing poetic about his new and "beautifull Chopard Gran Tursimo XL, white dial" in the columns of RWG.

With so many watches - both gens and reps in the hands of so many members - why is it that so many of them don't seem to know what time it is around here?

Could it be that outside of fluffing their own egos, they really don't care?

Nah, couldn't be that....

Could it, Marc?

@ ryyannon: At first when I was reading your post, I had a smile on my face. But after some thinking I got quite offended by this nice little write-up about me. :yuk:

You are no person to judge over me, why I bought a gen watch. But I will try to explain it to you allthough it is a very personal reason which I didn't want to speak about on this forum. But because you are putting me and other non-VIP members out as cheap bastards I had te feeling that I had to defend myself.

That Breitling Steelfish Superocean was a personal gift from my mother to remember my recently died father by and because for all the things i've done for her since he died. My father was genuine so I could not get myself to remember him with a $ 300,- rep watch, ok???

Maybe I will upgrade to VIP member, but that's still my decission and not yours!!

My sincere thanks to all those who've either contributed to this thread or good-naturedly laughed at their profiles... but I think it's time to (at least temporarily) call it a wrap:

One would have to be either hopelessly dense or totally indifferent to the current problems facing the forum not to have got it by now. The rest is up to the members (and not just those who were 'profiled') who have read the thread and recognized that they are both part of the problem and its solution.

It's never a pleasure hurting people's feelings, and such was never the objective of this little exercise: I trust that most can understand that.

If any of this has amused, interested or otherwise engaged you, the best way of responding would be by a membership upgrade or a modest donation...

This is of course entirely up to individual choice: if some of you think I'm trying to decide for you or otherwise trying to force you into it, you might want to take a closer look at how you...um... think.

Depending on the response we recieve over the next few days (or the lack of it) I may be back, distilling more of my venom on these pages - the only way not choke on it myself, given the lamentable situation of the financial burden of keeping this forum up, constrantly falling upon the same people - including the selfless Boss, who has more than once payed for its upkeep out of his own pocket - which unlike the apparent indifference by many of the members to the situation here, is far from being bottomless.

Ok now for a little disclaimer...

Although many of us feel as ryy does it is board policy that up-grades and contributions are entirely voluntary, however with-out these the board will cease to exist so if you have not already done so please consider.

Ken