When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hanging out with my buddy who just got a gen Breitling for Bentley

CY0811

So Im at lunch with friends and my buddy who just picked up a gen fullsize Bentley with black dial and bracelet is hanging out with us....hes really excited with the new Bentley and is showing it off and even talking about the price etc....the guy's kind of a tool mind you. Anyway a girl looks at my watch sand says "what kind of watch is that" ? (Im wearing my old case 196 Pam on Rubber w/deploy) I say " A Panerai". She says she loves it...and has never seen it or heard of it before. My buddy cant understand and then asks a few random women which watch they like the look of best...every one of them picks the 196 over his incredible gen Bentley with its incredible Double AR and gleaming dial....I couldnt freaking beleive it...the guys an idiot for asking random people but it does seem Pams have something about them that attract people...LOL

Edited by CY0811

I think most people don't like real blingy watches and that breitling certainly qualifies for major bling (minus actual diamonds, of course). The Pam is very stylish and a bit more understated. I've grown inured to seeing Pams on my own wrist, but everytime I happen to see one on someone else it always strikes me how badass looking they really are.

It's weird, a few months back I would've been ignorant enough to ignore a Panerai and pass it off as a cheap-o watch, yep, pure ignorance my friends, and I love watches, I thought I was very knowledgeable about the subject, but apparently I wasn't, NOW I can say I am, so this rep business has it's pro's (besides the huge saving might I add :D), it makes us even more knowledgeable about watches as we advance in this great hobby of ours. I'm considering a Panerai as my next watch right after I get that gorgeous Breitling Navitimeter TT :D!

I wore pams a lot maybe 2 years or so ago and then started wearing Breitlings more and more...pams have that unique crown guard and simple yet almost exotic shape...Breitling are just plain badass. Anyway its funny that a rep can steal the show from a $7000 or whatever watch...LOL

It's weird, a few months back I would've been ignorant enough to ignore a Panerai and pass it off as a cheap-o watch, yep, pure ignorance my friends, and I love watches, I thought I was very knowledgeable about the subject, but apparently I wasn't, NOW I can say I am, so this rep business has it's pro's (besides the huge saving might I add :D), it makes us even more knowledgeable about watches as we advance in this great hobby of ours. I'm considering a Panerai as my next watch right after I get that gorgeous Breitling Navitimeter TT :D!

Just remember Pams are like Pringles, "Once you Pop you cant Stop"

Nice story CY ... and i can imagine the ladies don't like the huge blingbling Breitling... these watches are not really popular because of their looks... IMHO they rae just popular for those wanna show they can afford it. Same goes for gold Rolex watches i think ;)

Well, you can't spell "BREITLING" without "Bling"!

I guess every piece they make is set to stand out. Maybe it's not the intention, as they are supposed to have that "professional" look; but I can see the women not being partial to them. The dials are just too busy! But that's what makes me love them and makes me think that gen or rep, they are well worth the $$$ you pay for them due to the intricate detailing and craftsmanship that is put into every single one of their watches.

And if you still want that Bling in a gen with that sexy crown guard and a touch of understatement try this:

337b_1.jpg

I do hope you got a date or phone number out of all your friends efforts. :lol:

That thing is awesome!!!

Never got a phone number due to a watch before but the way he flaunts that Bentley, I may just get lucky..LOL.

You must mean this one:

NaviTT001.jpg

Navi TT is pure class...I would own one but I get nervous about the plating on the bracelet.

Simple answer for wear on the TT bracelet- if it wears get a black strap! It looks great with that as well, and the original is offered that way.

I've had good luck with wear on the midlinks of a plated rep. Some of mine have been in the collection for 3 years now with no discernable wear (although I don't wear them dailey). Through time the inside will wear long before anything else, but who really asks you to take off the watch for inspection anyway?

oh well. we'll never figure out women and the crazy sorts of watches they like.

i know i like the "tool" aspect of my watch. breitling (and Sinn) puts that down to a "T".

but women like the simplicity of those panerais.

i swear to god, the only watches i even remotely consider owning are the ones that make other people study my watch for thirty seconds to find out what time it is.

oh well. we'll never figure out women and the crazy sorts of watches they like.

Apparently, Anton, you should've just stopped at "we'll never figure out women"...

For the record, the Breitling marque is my least favourite, precisely because it is as someone said, MUCH too busy. It's so off-putting.

Though Panerais have some beasts of ugly watches (the whole Ferrari range for me is barfarama, sorry guys), they are perfection in silhouette. They look good at night, in the morning, when it rains, when it shines, when it snows, under water, above water. In short, any time.

And versatility is the one thing all women appreciate most in an accessory. I hope Dr. Freud is paying attention.

again with the men and women issue...

Miss V...you also confirmed my other suspicion about women and their watches...

Women like their watches to be an accessory...whereas men like their watches to be tools to them.

But the line is closing closer than ever. What used to be the ultimate addition to a woman's watch (diamonds), men have taken something lovely, beat it in the head with a stick and made it gaudy-looking.

Unfortunately, the marque that falls victim is Breitling. Why oh why are their watches encrusted with awful oversized diamond bezels??? Leave that to Rolex.

Or this one which gets many compliments ;)

BR-TT-GLD-4.jpg

Is there anything blingy about this Bentley?

BEN-BD-GLD-6.jpg

Prince, sir

Nothing too blingy or 'busy' about those 2..............pure class!

Wonderful pics too, quite excellent!

My TT is glued to my wrist, I work in real estate and have the status to pull off wearing an expensive piece of timekeeping. I get so many admirers....mostly Rolex Datejust wearers (lack of imagination IMHO) and know for sure that I've gained Breitling a couple of sales in the last month. Who says we damage the salesline of the gen manufacturers.........mustn't do a straight comparison with the newly acquired gens though, as good as my TT is !

Prince, sir

Nothing too blingy or 'busy' about those 2..............pure class!

Wonderful pics too, quite excellent!

My TT is glued to my wrist, I work in real estate and have the status to pull off wearing an expensive piece of timekeeping. I get so many admirers....mostly Rolex Datejust wearers (lack of imagination IMHO) and know for sure that I've gained Breitling a couple of sales in the last month. Who says we damage the salesline of the gen manufacturers.........mustn't do a straight comparison with the newly acquired gens though, as good as my TT is !

Thank you my friend. You have a job that is all about creating an 'illusion' or an ora of success. I am not saying that you are not successful, just easier for you to pull of the expensive watch look then most of us.

Edited by TWP