When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jay/Silix's Summer Special

Victoria

Not sure if this is known on this site, but Jay of watchsilix.com and silix-prime.com (one of out trusted collectors) has a Summer Special. Buy one or more watches on either of his two sites above, and choose another watch for just U$19.99, which will come from the watchsilix.com site exclusively -- there's a catch, you choose the marque of watch, and he or his staff choose the exact model. It's random luck what you get.

It ends today, August 31. I'm assuming he would honour the orders emailed today, even though he hasn't personally responded to my order email last night...

I'm going for this Rolex Daydate, with my second choice of watch another Rollie. I suddenly felt like getting them:

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1455

(28 Euro. Probably costs 5 Euro in Guangzhou High Street, but not where I am. I just hope I don't get a bling-bling freakolex as my second watch)

Just thought you guys may want in on the Special too. :D

Vmena, FxrAndy, HE JUST REPLIED!

So if you guys don't get a reply soon, please let me know, since I have his "ear", as it were. Just about to pay now, so it's all systems go here.

Good luck! I did direct him to this post, so if you guys have any questions, post them -- Jay might see them. :)

@u31st: I wish I could give you the payment info he gave me, but I think that's streng verboten on the forum. However, I just emailed him my payment details, and said to please answer the past emails with pending orders. We'll see!

I took them up on this offer...all received. I made my GF take up this offer as well, Cartier/Cartier. She purchased on the 29, payed 30, and now just waiting for the shipping/tracking confirmation. The shipping details, as compared to my previous orders from Jay, usually take about two days to receive. But once he gives me the tracking info, it takes aprox. three days to my wrist. People have said he/she is patiently slow, but I have encountered my quickest shipments with this duo. It seems that they reply to emails only once daily, so communication IS a little slow ...but acceptable.

Here's what I received

Not a fan of the TAG...but SURPRISE...is the name.

rol2231cb2.jpg

rol2258ng7.jpg

tag0321bt0.jpg

And my GF has ordered this, not bad for 50 bux,

car0841bh2.jpg

Vmena, FxrAndy, HE JUST REPLIED!

So if you guys don't get a reply soon, please let me know, since I have his "ear", as it were. Just about to pay now, so it's all systems go here.

Good luck! I did direct him to this post, so if you guys have any questions, post them -- Jay might see them. :)

@u31st: I wish I could give you the payment info he gave me, but I think that's streng verboten on the forum. However, I just emailed him my payment details, and said to please answer the past emails with pending orders. We'll see!

Hope he is hearing you! no news from him yet...

DEFINATELY getting in on this this evening once I get home!!

The deals good as long as we get it in before the end of the day correct? Oh and what timezone??

if there's a time limit other than the end of the day I'll risk it right now...... just hate to do this stuff from work...

it is not on their sites anywhere. You will need to purchase and send an email to them saying that you want to take advantage of their "end of summer special" for an extra $20. State the surprise watch brand "~Rolex~" and they will acknowledge your request.

Not sure what time zone they mean, in china it is already the 1st, I would email them to find out, or just buy a watch, ask about the sale, and see what they say. It might be too late...it might not.

M

Not sure what time zone they mean, in china it is already the 1st, I would email them to find out, or just buy a watch, ask about the sale, and see what they say. It might be too late...it might not.

Not sure if this is bad form to reproduce this here, but here is his post on RWI:

"Summer End Sale - at US$19.99 u choose brand we choose watch Reply with quote

From now to end of this month, 2007-08-14 to 2007-08-31, with every order you place with www.watchsilix.com or www.silix-prime.com , you could opt to get a watch from www.watchsilix.com for additional US$19.99, you choose the brand, and we pick a watch from the brand. US$19.99 only, no additioanl shipping for it either. A good price for a happy suprise.

Please email us at silixprime@gmail.com."

As long as your email reads 31 August, go for it. That's what I'd say. :)

Well I went ahead and ordered a watch, lets hope I hear from them about the paypal info and all of that before I leave for the day, since we have a 3 day weekend because of our holiday here, hehe!

Eh, either way, it's a watch I really like, and was going to order anyway, just thought that the nice extra would make it even better.

Let's hope!

Oh and I included the request to take advantage of the "End of SUmmer Special" at several points in the process- the initial "ADD to basket" page, as well as the email to request the PP info... hopefully it'll get seen in one or the other spots...

Edited by Aegis

Oh and I included the request to take advantage of the "End of SUmmer Special" at several points in the process- the initial "ADD to basket" page, as well as the email to request the PP info... hopefully it'll get seen in one or the other spots...

Thats what my GF did too, but it was still overlooked, those replies might be automated. We had to email him again for him to see it.

Good luck

it is not on their sites anywhere. You will need to purchase and send an email to them saying that you want to take advantage of their "end of summer special" for an extra $20. State the surprise watch brand "~Rolex~" and they will acknowledge your request.

M

Thank you for the reminder was just chatting with him and made another purchase like 2 weeks ago

And the end summer special will go till US east cost time so i will think more then 7 hours from now on.

Greetings Navi ;)

Good luck to all on your "SURPRISE" \ we should keep this thread for showing what we received, so the posts are not scattered everywhere. Did anyone try to specify male/female? For mine I stated: Male, and my GF stated Female, not sure if this request is acknowledged either.

M

Good luck to all on your "SURPRISE" \ we should keep this thread for showing what we received, so the posts are not scattered everywhere. Did anyone try to specify male/female? For mine I stated: Male, and my GF stated Female, not sure if this request is acknowledged either.

Good idea about the great re-uniting thread for pics.

Also, I did specify the gender, yes. And FWIW, I said "please please no bling-bling". I can't see myself wearing that Frankenblingtona with leopard jewels someone posted here...

Just curious, whats the turnaround for replys on average? never heard from silix before I left work....

It all depends. He is not like Andrew/Josh who reply seemingly within seconds.

In my experience, Jay replies about 1-2 days from emailing him. He doesn't work weekends. I'm guessing he has been swamped these last days of August with these summer special orders, and I'm sure my post didn't "help". ;)

So overall, I'd say you'll get a reply on Monday, and he will honour your order. If not, I'll have a word with him. Despite having had a QC issue with my first order from him, he's very affable, tries his best to rectify things, and follows up on emails...eventually.

If u ever deal with silix before. U know he normally dont reply on weekends.... but u wil probably get a reply on monday

etc... he seems pretty good. He also honor a special for that price for me as well..

As an aside, I mentioned Aegis specifically in my payment email to him, but also asked him to PLEASE honour the late late August 31 orders...so who knows, maybe if you guys order today he might allow that too.

@Mattheis: Puffy would freak! You can only roll in his posse wearing Jacobs.