When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some guidance V.Womans watch (Wedding pre-gift)

DP8

First off, I want to say thanks. This thread has been fantastic and I have learned a lot, and had a great time along the way creating a lovely collection of PAM's. God I love them.

Anyways, I'll keep this short and sweet. I am getting married to the love of my life two weeks from tomorrow, who incidentally supports what has turned into this expensive habit of mine :p

I would like to thank her by getting her her own rep as sort of a little wedding gift. I bought her a Gen TAG F1 when she bought me my Gen F1 a couple months ago (which then started this rep madness. lol).

Anyways, what should I get her? I am open to ideas. She likes stainless or anything "non-gold" looking and not "super" blingy.

Also would like to keep it under $300 or so.

Any ideas?

Anyways, I'll keep this short and sweet. I am getting married to the love of my life two weeks from tomorrow, who incidentally supports what has turned into this expensive habit of mine :p

AWWW!!

There is no woman alive that didn't read what you wrote, dpixel8, and didn't have that exact same reaction. Beautiful!

Anyways, what should I get her? I am open to ideas. She likes stainless or anything "non-gold" looking and not "super" blingy.

Also would like to keep it under $300 or so.

Please read my reply in this recent thread. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=308279

That's got wristies from me, and some great links to previous posts along your lines.

I would recommend the Cartier Santos SS. It's an impressive watch out of the box -- sporty, and yet eminently chic. Trusty has Japanese Quartz versions for under $100!

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...amp;cPath=21_72

If that's too "older rich lady" look for your blushing bride, try the Santos' two-tone or even the Demoiselle version.

BEST OF LUCK, and mazel tov on your marriage! :)

thank you! *blush* Just being honest. She means a lot to me. Probably why we're getting married. :p thank you for your well wishes too. Much appreciated.

Some of those might work. But yeah, some a little too "old lady"

wish PAM made a smaller womans' watch. She really likes them.

The Cartier Ballon Bleu is a brand new model.

Sold by WackoBirdKeeper in three sizes.

http://www.ilgiornale.it/art_jpg.php?ID=18...X=284&Y=284

Updated: 08/31/2007 22:35:17

Of course almost any Cartier is perfect for marriage.

Check out what your local AD dealer has in stock. Then come back to the rep boards and purchase the closest match.

With a little slight of hand a gen Cartier could be in her future!

And if you get caught. That will be the true test. If she is still waiting after five years, then you know for sure you have found the right girl.

Mazal Tov on your wedding sir! I recently purchased Joshua's Swiss ETA Franck Muller Ladies' Curvex Conquistador. Can I tell you a secret? It's a hell of a watch. Underappreciated and subtle, the relatively inexpensive rep can easily run with the "super rep" crowd. Even the best Rolexes can be intensely scrutinized and discovered as fakes with flaws that may not be obvious at first glance, but hide at close distance. This Muller has an intricately designed bracelet finished with highly polished stainless steel, giving it a pronounced and eye-catching look without the need for cheap imitation diamonds or tissue paper gold plate. A connoisseur's brand, the distinguished Franck Muller name is reveered and respected among watch collectors "in the know" and its timeless, funky bending numbers represent the brand's famous trademark style. The prestigious watch is solidly constructed and has a heavy feel, further adding to its value for money and overall high quality fit and finish. Depending on your lady-to-be's personal choice, it comes in either white or black face - though as her future husband you surely know which model she'll prefer. I highly recommend this watch as it dares to be original, looks good in regular lighting and absolutely stunning in strong light, and finally is reliable and will provide years of service without worrying if the pearl will fall out, bezel ring will become unglued, gold will fade away, or chinese movement will stop.

Does your lady deserve the best? If she were my wife, I would definitely consider this piece. The company may only have a few decades of history under its belt, but celebrities and international icons often agree on its prestige and balanced design. The retail price is about $5,000, and the watch is, as far as I know, out of production and exists in fairly limited circulation, so the chances of getting called out are about six billon to one - the one being Mr. Muller himself!

Does your lady deserve the best? If she were my wife, I would definitely consider this piece. The company may only have a few decades of history under its belt, but celebrities and international icons often agree on its prestige and balanced design. The retail price is about $5,000, and the watch is, as far as I know, out of production and exists in fairly limited circulation, so the chances of getting called out are about six billon to one - the one being Mr. Muller himself!

Corgi, I know you posted this for our bridegroom, but can you believe that your elegantly written words were so effective, that you have convinced me to get this watch?

I know you're thinking -- yeah, getting Vicky to buy a rep watch is like forcing a linebacker to eat another slice of pizza, but man, that was a powerful write-up in favour of the Conquistador. WOW! Thanks for the tip for all, Corgi. :)

You absolutely won't be disappointed Victoria. The watch twinkles superbly and everything is just so well-constructed it may as well be the real thing itself. Perhaps I was just lucky, but mine arrived in flawless condition with even the tiny date mag aligned perfectly... it is an amazing watch that if I were a woman, would certainly treasure for a long time.

I absolutely second what Corgi has said.

When I was looking for something for my partner I thought I could pick out a watch she would like, then thought to ask her, and just as well because I was WAAAAY off....

I hit upon a good idea - I asked her to pick whatever watch she wanted from any gen in the world - so she was looking at a gen watch site (to help me find the type of rep that was closest to her preferences - she knows it's a rep I'm buying).

And goddam if she didn't pick out the FM Ladies Conquistador - out of every gen there was, that was the one she liked. She doesn't like dainty, doesn't like too round, certainly doesn't do bling.

And of course, I struck gold, because that is simply one of the best reps there are out there. Couldn't believe it.

So she got the watch she wanted more than any other, and it even has the gen movement in there. For $150!!

One thing to watch out for - the metal bracelet is crap in spades. I believe jraines87 pointed that out for me. So I got the leather strap version - but of course either can be swapped out for something better.

So I'm really saying that it's good to ask what they like, but also that if you're looking to surprise, this is a fine choice.

92503-27974.jpg

92503-27975.jpg

92503-27976.jpg