When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Oceans from Andrew arrived!

guanaco

Ok, so watches arrived today 4 days after they were shipped from China to El Salvador! 42.5mm PO w/black bezel I found it ticking, the UPO 'Lite' 45.5mm wasn't so I thought "well it just needs a good winding'' I did and presto it ran, after watching it for 45 seconds the hand just stopped 'weird' I thought, gave it a gentle tap and off again it went, just to stop again 60 seconds later it stopped, then I changed the date and it needed a few good winds to change each date, the crown feels a bit loose but sturdy.

So I gave it a good wind again 30 winds, adjusted the date and time, and off I went... a minute later it stopped...

It usually stops at the 9 position, and it's becoming frustrating...

Highlights: Aesthetically it's as good as it gets didn't notice any flaws, the clasp is sturdy and closes great and isn't flimsy at all, it's a very solid watch.

Please help!!!

Any tips on how to open the case back would be appreciated, I've heard something about loose screws and the anti-magnetic cover bothering...

Edited by guanaco

My guess is that it is a problem in the hand stack. Something is likely rubbing, and thus stopping the watch. I would guess that removing the hands and (checking) reinstalling them would likely solve the problem. I'd speak with Andrew first and see how he want to proceed however.

Perhaps if I take it to a watch smith? I will contact Andrew before taking it... I'm not thrilled about the idea of returning it back to China... So I'll let you guys know... :(

Of all the horror stories I hear about the pearl being in the wrong place, the watch band being too flimsy, bezel all mis-aligned, etc. And mine has none of that... and now I have to return it, D'oh!

Ah yes one final comment, it always stop at 10 o'clock now.

If you are in EL Salvador I will keep it and find a watchmaster that can fix it there. I am from Honduras and i was vacationing in Honduras on December. I got My noobmariner service for $20.00 is a bargain. Servicing watch in the US is about $130.00 and that is cheap.

Edit for spelling

If you are in EL Salvador I will keep it and find a watchmaster that can fix it there. I am from Honduras and i was vacationing in Honduras on December. I got My noobmariner service for $20.00 is a bargain. Servicing watch in the US is about $130.00 and that is cheap.

Edit for spelling

^_^ That's the answer I was waiting for, just a bit worried about the consequences on getting it fixed over here, but you just gave me the boost I needed. BTW I asked Andrew and he replied he would cover the fix for my watch for $30 or less depending on how much it will cost, now that's good customer service! :D

I'll look for a good watch smith on the yellow pages, and will go on Monday, hopefully it will be a quick fix and nothing major *crossing my fingers*...