When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Travel Watch Cases

cypher

Building up a decent collection of reps and was looling to get a some travel cases for my watches, sleek compact ileather ones are what I want. Looking to get 2, 4-5 and 8-10 watch cases. I saw some decent one on network54 but cant seem to find them anymore. I dont want cases that are too expensive(<$100), any recommendations? Thanks!

Building up a decent collection of reps and was looling to get a some travel cases for my watches, sleek compact ileather ones are what I want. Looking to get 2, 4-5 and 8-10 watch cases. I saw some decent one on network54 but cant seem to find them anymore. I dont want cases that are too expensive(<$100), any recommendations? Thanks!

Yes. Although it's not a forum-approved collector or anything, I have dealt with Joe whose eBay ID is Pstrapusa. If you do a search on eBay for "Panerai case", you'll see his 2/4/8 varieties, which run you from USD25 to USD50, not including shipping.

hxxp://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpstrapusa (change xx to tt)

He ships these Priority and the 8-'pack' arrived the very next day, once!

I highly recommend using Joe's service. Having said that, River is a great seller too. At least there are options. :)

EDIT: See the 8-case above the Radiomir base shot!

294594-3101.jpg

I got the same 8 watch case from pstrapusa on ebay. He's a good seller and the case is very nice. My only issue with the case is that the elastic that holds the the watch in place is hard to grab hold of and is pretty tight. You'll find yourself fighting to get the watches in and out of it. But, over all, the best one I have found so far.

Just a WARNING:

Do not travel abroad with reps!

They may be confiscated and you could be fined for such products in various countries.

But not to Sweden :lol:

Please forgive my ignorance... but how exactly does law inforcement know which one is rep and which one is not? If you are wearing a Canal St. rep probably...

When you leave the US, you're supposed to fill in a form with your watch's serial number on it so you don't get charged tax upon returning. If you don't do this, you'd better hope they think it's a rep or else you're getting humped on the tax. :D

ps. I too recommend River's travel cases.

127-196-640.jpg

If you want a nice leather case, you've had a few good suggestions here already...

If you'd consider a less attractive case, which will protect your collection, fit any size watch, and pack very efficiently, check these out.

I've got both types, and I travel with the nylon cases exclusively.

So don't forget to register your watches, before you send them out of the US for service ;)

NOTE: Foreign repairs or alterations to articles, whether or not the articles are registered with CBP, are dutiable. Such repairs or alterations must be declared to CBP when the articles re-enter the United States, whether or not they were done free of charge.

Edited by avitt

;)

It exists and you're supposed to know about it.

Surprising. I've never seen one and have always wondered about it since I've purchased watches outside the US and have worn them home and shipped the box to avoid such fees. Are they supposed to hand them out at the airport? on the plane? are you supposed to get them on your own before hand? Very interesting topic.