When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick question about second hand movement

grebeck

Tag Heuer cal.360. New last year. 360,000 bph! Now that's what I call a sweep hand. No, not 36,000....

That is insane...and probably completely unnecessary as well. You get way more error in the time it takes your finger to press the start/stop button. I wonder how much power reserve it gets.

The 360 is based on a tag cal. 7 (28,800 bph) which has a power reserve of 42 hours, the chrono movement is where all the bells and whistles are added - separate gear wheel, balance, manual winding system, basically an entirely separate movement within the watch. The power reserve for that part is 100 minutes and it has its own power reserve indicator (that is the part of the watch w/ the 360k bph).

This is the coolest thing to come out of Switzerland in a long time. The thing that blows me away is that it is all gears and springs. No electronics. Anyone that says watchmaking is a lost art is totally out of touch.