When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen and Rep Day Date Aquaracer

World Traveller

• 8 months later...

I really want to buy this rep badly!

OK after reading the post, the OP said the Gen is on the LEFT, and the Rep is on th RIGHT. He also said the color of the blue dial is a different shade from the Gen.

Being that this post old, is this color difference still valid with the current Aquaracers being sold? The reason I ask is that I want my Aquaracer to as accurate as possible. If the shading is still wrong, I think I shall choose the white dial version...and of course a new date wheel!

I really want to buy this rep badly!

OK after reading the post, the OP said the Gen is on the LEFT, and the Rep is on th RIGHT. He also said the color of the blue dial is a different shade from the Gen.

Being that this post old, is this color difference still valid with the current Aquaracers being sold? The reason I ask is that I want my Aquaracer to as accurate as possible. If the shading is still wrong, I think I shall choose the white dial version...and of course a new date wheel!

I interested in this one too. But Its difficult to decide about the color. Black or Blue.. Anybody can give me the advise whats the best choice, closest to the Gen ?

Thx!

The color variation on the blue has not changed. Still the same. The black is the most spot on of the different colors.

Oh and the datewheel malfunction have still not been resolved.

Does anyone know if the color of the white dial version is similar to the white dial of the gen?

I know it been a while but I'd like to know which dealer this one came from. I'm planning to get one as soon as I find out.

I think I ordered it from Josh (perfect clones). I had some trouble resizing the bracelet and had to re-order a new bracelet as well. Getting the gen springbars for it were a big improvement.

I like the watch but it's something strange about the AR or the crystal. I think sometimes it attracts smudges.

The problem is datewheel hangup. More specifically datewheel hang. One will change and the other will get stuck. I actually went and talked to an AD after I had read about it because I was curious as to whether it was a rep thing. it's not. The gens have had problems too. Makes sense considering where the gen is made. And the white does look good too. But the black is the best. When you look at it the color actually looks sort of off black. In the 43mm. The 41mm is darker. Both are identical to the gen in appearance.

The problem is datewheel hangup. More specifically datewheel hang. One will change and the other will get stuck. I actually went and talked to an AD after I had read about it because I was curious as to whether it was a rep thing. it's not. The gens have had problems too. Makes sense considering where the gen is made. And the white does look good too. But the black is the best. When you look at it the color actually looks sort of off black. In the 43mm. The 41mm is darker. Both are identical to the gen in appearance.

That is wild about the gen having the same problem! I noticed the datewheel hang too, but I figured this was the like datewheel font being off and not having OEM parts.

What do you mean about where the gen is made? Because it is a Tag?

There is another thing nobody is mentioning here is the anodized aluminum bezel which the rep does not have. That bothers me more than anything to be honest.

Edited by World Traveller

• 4 months later...
Where can I buy the rep from? I like the review, but I have no idea where I can buy this rep from. Thanks

eyecon82, looks like you are waking up lost post arround here. :)

The Aquaracer is not hard to find, HERE you have the link for Trusty Time, Andrew carry it.

• 1 month later...
Where can I buy the rep from? I like the review, but I have no idea where I can buy this rep from. Thanks

I just received my blue aquaracer rep from Josh, but I experienced a few problems with it. When the crown was pulled out to change the date, nothing could be adjusted.

This is the first day/date 7750 I have bought, but im sorry to say that i will probably steer clear from 7750 from now on.

Why?

Well when changing the time on the aquaracer, the crown seemed really loose, and the time did not adjust smoothly. Also, i don't know if its normal, but the day changes approximately 2 hours after the date changes?

Also, the chrono buttons were absolutely terrible.

In regards to the watch, (maybe it was just my watch that I received) the clasp seemed very poorly made (ie, not closing properly) and the rear engraved case was not too smooth.

My next purchase will be a Pumpkin UPO, but one god thing I have to say about the aquaracer is that the crown seems like it will not strip unlike the UPO.

I absolutely hate it when a crown will not screw in!!!!

Anyway, Ive sent the watch back to Josh to fix today, so i will keep you posted on the progress.

something wrong is happening with josh.

i ahave bought around 20 watches from him and around 12 had serius problems.

i think he offers no quality control at all

LOL, I know he offers no QC at all. Mate, Josh doesn't even see the watches he sells, regardless of his "I dun dropship" line of BS. Just another LWL (Little White Lie).

Col.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

One on the right, the slightly darker blue is the rep ;)

The one on the right is the rep?????? When I first saw the photos I was convinced the one on the right was the gen!!! The "TAG" logo on the rep looks so much better than the gens.

This comparison is awesome. Thanks World Traveller :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...