When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen and Rep Day Date Aquaracer

World Traveller

I also think the end links don't line up to the case 100% on the rep, leaving a small gap. In picture 1, the watch on the right has this problem. On my father's Aquaracer the spring bars are bent for the end links to fit into the lug holes, which annoyingly allows the bracelet to move around slightly. Perhaps the factory designed the watch around the rubber strap to begin with?

I wonder if gen endlinks would solve this.

Interesting...My gen aquaracer chrono 2000 (w/out day) has a textured much brighter blue dial...i always assumed the dial was the same with the daydate, gues not? Anyways, great pics seems like a close to flawless rep...

Edited by UB7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
newbie here, planning to buy same is this water resistant to 300m also?

Hi Newb,

You'll be hard pressed to find a chrono rep that tests resistant to 300m. Do a search on water proof, water resistant, waterproof and you'll see all sorts of experiences.

In general (YMMV of course), non-chrono reps with screw down crowns are likely to be water resistant enough for swimming. Some have been tested to scuba diving depth and beyond by members here. The most water resistant reps out of the box are the Breitling SOSF / SFSO, and the new Rolex "Super Sea Dweller". Look up Themuck's Super Sea Dweller test...nice. That concerns water resistance...and not necessarily the rep accuracy itself.

As to chronos...some like Gioarmani have tested their SMP Chrono to 10atm out of the box (he twice!!)...but mine failed below 3atm.

Don't assume anything with water resistance and reps. Some dealers indicate testing greater than 50m depth...contact the dealer, and determine a course of action if the watch leaks. The dealers on the board here will stand by their products...but huge time delays (for return of failed items), and extra cost (you will have to pay return shipping on ALL return transactions) may not be your cup of tea.

Good luck...and if you test your new watch for water resistance with good results...post them back on the board!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey guys,

may i ask if anyone know which colour of this Aquaracer is closer to its gen please?

is it the black, blue or white please?

many thanks

I've seen the black and that's spot on and I assume the white must be the same. The blue is darker than gen though.

is there any way I could make the number on bezel look like an anodized same as gen?

The obvious (and only realistic) answers are either i) buy the genuine watch or ii) attempt to source a genuine bezel insert in the hope it will fit the rep.

Whow,

I just came back from my trusted local watch smith where I brought my new Aquaracer. It had problems with the day/date function and, unfortunately, I had to return it to Josh (thanks for this great service!) as my watch smith could not repair it :-(.

However, when he handed my back the watch, he told me that he seriously doubts that the Aquaracer is NOT gen :-). He said he had never seen such a good quality rep. That made me smiling.

Now I have to wait until Josh will return my still quite new baby ... I hate waiting ;-)

Cheers!