When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VIP membership - the details please!

smilingbear

:cc_confused:

I see a lot of posts that mention VIP membership, but very few posts that describe the details of VIP membership. The only "official" word is to contact a member of the admin team for details.

There are a lot of posts that state cryptically "Upgrade to VIP membership and all will be revealed." That's pretty vague!

We need a sticky post that describes VIP membership and why you should get it. Details should include what you get for VIP membership (posting access in the sales forum, access to dealer info, etc.), what it costs to get VIP membership ($XX/year), and how to go about getting it.

I think that if you made it easier to get details on VIP membership then more of the new members would upgrade. More VIP members will mean more money to support the forum, more active participants (if you put money into it, you'll use it more), and as a result a better community. Right now it's hard to justify!

So, can one of the admins please expound on VIP membership a bit and put it in a sticky/pinned post?

Thanks so much,

- from all the noobs

:cc_confused:

I see a lot of posts that mention VIP membership, but very few posts that describe the details of VIP membership. The only "official" word is to contact a member of the admin team for details.

There are a lot of posts that state cryptically "Upgrade to VIP membership and all will be revealed." That's pretty vague!

We need a sticky post that describes VIP membership and why you should get it. Details should include what you get for VIP membership (posting access in the sales forum, access to dealer info, etc.), what it costs to get VIP membership ($XX/year), and how to go about getting it.

I think that if you made it easier to get details on VIP membership then more of the new members would upgrade. More VIP members will mean more money to support the forum, more active participants (if you put money into it, you'll use it more), and as a result a better community. Right now it's hard to justify!

So, can one of the admins please expound on VIP membership a bit and put it in a sticky/pinned post?

Thanks so much,

- from all the noobs

Thanks so much,

- from all the noobs

Here are some quick philosophical reasons from a fellow noob about why you should become a VIP:

1) Supporting a hobbyist forum which provides you with informative help, both on the public and private (PM) level.

2) Realising that this forum accrues substantial offshore account bills, which sometimes Admin personally pays (not fair on him).

3) A community of kindred souls, of exceptional character and spirit. All rep forums have their great points, but RWG is the best of the lot.

4) It's the most international of the forums, from my experience. More viewpoints, more relevant information.

5) Being a newbie is difficult in any forum. Buying a VIP membership shows at the very least, that what you may lack in knowledge, you make up in good faith.

The practical benefits are numerous, such as having access to speciality collector (dealer) forums, and their specific websites/emails.

But personally, I'm here for the camaraderie of like-minded rep watch collecting folk. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I see the post here, but no mention of instrustions on how to obtain VIP membership. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.Kindest regardsRobbI see the post here, but no mention of instrustions on how to obtain VIP membership. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.Kindest regardsRobbI see the post here, but no mention of instrustions on how to obtain VIP membership. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.Kindest regardsRobb

Thanks for the rapid response;

I've been to this page, selected a 1yr VIP subscription, the problem is on the next page; It says "click here to select payment option" I do so, it brings me to another page with "Payment option" written there, but no option to select. If I select next, the page states that I have not selected a payment option and to go back to select one... help.

Thanks!