When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Font

cskent69

Has anyone noticed that the font on EVERY Panerai rep has a flaw? I have bought 3 of these now. And the dead giveaway is the A. Genuine Panerai's have have the horizontal part of the "A" a tad higher than the rep which is a bit lower. Rep "A"s look fatter. After i found this - i was really upset and sad. Now I have to find Gen dials........ :angry::huh:

Yep, I think we are all aware of this one. TBH a tiny flaw like this is probably a good thing, as it prevents the reps being passed of as genuine if you have a knowledgable buyer. The problem does not bother me with the reps as you really have to look quite long and hard to spot it (and have a gen side-by-side for comparison) unless you have the font commited to memory!

Are you winding me up???

It's maybe a 1/100 th of a mm and it's sooooo bad you have to get gen dials. You would need a loupe and a good eye, and a lot of knowledge to spot it, whilst comparing to a gen and even then it's open to debate.

And you just can't live with it, sorry I hate flaming but this is plainly pathetic...... :thumbdown:

Are you winding me up???

It's maybe a 1/100 th of a mm and it's sooooo bad you have to get gen dials. You would need a loupe and a good eye, and a lot of knowledge to spot it, whilst comparing to a gen and even then it's open to debate.

And you just can't live with it, sorry I hate flaming but this is plainly pathetic...... :thumbdown:

Dude, it is a point of observation. Lots of folks on this board do EVERYTHING to make their reps as close as possible. Given that this is noticeable to anyone in the KNOW - i was asking what other people think. I personally don't care about nearly 75% of the stuff that others care about - like aging, crystals, backs, etc - but the logo font on the dial is one that matters to me. To each their own.

Lighten up.

:3a: good eyes :lol: jokes aside; what is bugging me for instance is the 212, the three models (Asian 7750, ETA, and copy Venus) each has different dial fonts, specially numbers 6 and 12, OK, the new ETA (Think Josh has these) is sort of bit better, but still, they are very original with fonts :thumbdown:

what is bugging me for instance is the 212, the three models (Asian 7750, ETA, and copy Venus) each has different dial fonts, specially numbers 6 and 12, OK, the new ETA (Think Josh has these) is sort of bit better, but still, they are very original with fonts :thumbdown:

Agree Poly; I've seen two side-by-side 196s that had different fonts... :blink:

ok I took my time and peep at it carefully. Dude!! theres no way anybody gonna notice the difference! The font is small itself, and the difference is even less noticable imo :|

anyway gens are gens, you cant cheat at them

Edited by pubus

99.999% of the earth's population will never know the difference.

.001% of the earth's population are Paneristi and will know the difference.

99% of the earth's population don't know (or care) what a Panerai is.

Do zee math...

We could say exactly the same about the crowns. But people are desperate to get replacement crowns for their Panerai reps.

People have different priorities, each to their own.

K.

We could say exactly the same about the crowns. But people are desperate to get replacement crowns for their Panerai reps.

People have different priorities, each to their own.

K.

At least the crown is noticeable to someone without the use of a reference piece and the Hubble Telescope.

Hey Steve-

Belated Happy Birthday. :D

Now where were we? Oh yeah the Font. :lol: But I am the last one to criticize. I have just sunk to a new low - I just picked up a set of gen 2893 hands in tritium. Putting them on my 2893 and will use the color for reference when reluming the 187 and Subs. Now, if only I could get someone to apply tritium. :bangin:

Hey, no guts, no glory. :D

Hey Steve-

Belated Happy Birthday. :D

Now where were we? Oh yeah the Font. :lol: But I am the last one to criticize. I have just sunk to a new low - I just picked up a set of gen 2893 hands in tritium. Putting them on my 2893 and will use the color for reference when reluming the 187 and Subs. Now, if only I could get someone to apply tritium. :bangin:

Hey, no guts, no glory. :D

Why wont people apply tritium??

And don't say cos it's radioactive....

Tritium (3H) T : maximum effect kC-H /kC-T ~ 16

Half life of 12.28 years, radiation = beta, range in air 4.7 mm, doesn’t present external

radiation hazard.

.....Cos I am a chemist