When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

submariners from silix

domibal

Welcome from Germany

Silix offers a great price and good product. I would not worry too much about where any of the ETA movements come from as long as it is and ETA they are almost all of them made in ETA factorys in china any way. Also the aolour or plating of the moments has been discussed to death to no definate outcome. Order the subs from silis and i am sure you will be happy, non are perfect some are better than others but a watch with an ETA movement at that price is good value in any money.

Chris-

Welcome to the forum!

Jay will get you the watch you want, and it will usually be at a very good price. It is important to e-mail him regarding the availability before placing the order, although the two subs you mentioned are probably ready to ship. It may take a day or two to get a reply, due to time differences, etc. But last week he got back to me in less than 24 hours. I ordered a vintage sub and got it the same week. It had a nicer oyster band and keeps better time than the Beginmariner I got in July. I never received a tracking number, but that is not unusual.

I have been dealing with Jay for two years, not without an occasional small problem or mix up, but all resolvable.

FxrAndy is completely correct about ETA movements.

The last variable for you would be Belgian customs, of which I have no experience. Hopefully one of our Belgian members can tell of their experience.

Carl

Hi and Welcome,

Me too am from Belgium, but french speaking.

I can't help for Silix as I never bought from them.

Any of the collectors here have good subs.

If you want an eta, I guess you may want the silix one.

If you want a real good rep of the Sub go for the Noobmariner of TTK. It's asian but as many of us will tell you it's the best dial and bracelet available.

Cheers

Stephane

I have been to Belgium and have found that the French speaking people and the Flemish speaking people are all wonderful people and very friendly. I am not very good at French or Flemish but have always been willing to try. I think that my attempts have been entertaining, just as a dog who can stand up on his back legs.

But my hope was that one of our Belgian members could comment on their own country's customs as regards rep watches, for the benefit of our new member.

Carl

Belgian customs is very easy: nothing else but simple registered mail will pass the customs.

As the packs are full of chinese or other asian writings, the waybill (slips) too, it's obvious it's might be counterfeit good.

So, they all (ALL) are inspected by customs except the ones that are coming thru regular post (registered airmail).

Registered mail might be inspected too of course,, but the two ones lately I got were not.

Pls do not use EMS or any other DHL/Fedex/TNT. My four last one were seized.

Another option, less economical but very safe, is buy from PT (PreciousTime UK) and TTK.

Both can ship to Belgium from UK and that is of course never inspected.

It's a little bit like drugs: 4 young guys in a cheap old car crossing the border from Netherlands to Belgium might be inspected where a familly in a Mobile home won't.

See what I mean ?

Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but so far none of the watches I've purchased from Silix have had any problems. I had previously purchased from Trustytime and over half of the watches I bought had problems.

One interesting thing I noticed with Silix's Subs, so far I have bought 5 various styles and not one has the same bezel. They all are different even though the cases are the same. The cool thing is that one of the last ones has a bezel that has the correct style teeth for a 5512/5513.

No complaints with Silix. Good product....great price :1a:

Stephane-

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. It should be a help to domibal and anyone else in Belgium.

Jay will certainly ship by registered mail as you suggest, but I have found that sometimes I have asked for registered and paid for registered but he shipped it EMS (at more cost to himself). If you order from him, make it very clear to him that your situation in Belgium requires registered mail only.

Carl

Angel & Jay are ok... they are one of my preferred dealer....

i can tell that every time i have had some problem they have fixed every things .

you can also ask them for items outside their website ... they would try to find what you want ...

in the past i have taken one silix sub with nikel refined movement.... impressive... i suggest the one with the red wheel....

if you are based in europe silix know how to do to reach you with no problem.... jus ask to him...

M

Stephane-

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. It should be a help to domibal and anyone else in Belgium.

Jay will certainly ship by registered mail as you suggest, but I have found that sometimes I have asked for registered and paid for registered but he shipped it EMS (at more cost to himself). If you order from him, make it very clear to him that your situation in Belgium requires registered mail only.

Carl

I know it happens, and that is not acceptable.

Even registered mail is risky.

Let's bear in mind, once again, this is an illegal hobby anyway.