When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Installing Panerai Metal Bracelets

Victoria

Thanks for the info!

I will ask Angus to supply the bracelet and spring bars anyways as I am sure I will be able to get this to fiit, if not I will purchase soem that do fit. Angus was also sending me a strap, but no buckle. I will write him and ask for a buckle as well because I can think of no worse torture than receiving the 111 and not being able to wear it right away!

I also sent this post to Angus incase he is a victim of the metal tabs problem.

Thanks again!

I've owned three 111's, one 005, one 029, and one 196, and one 092, along with FOUR different bracelets from FOUR different sources. I've never even had one problem fitting the bracelets on any of the watches. My current set up is as good as an OEM bracelet on a gen watch (minus the non tapered links). I'm probably sounding like a broken record and I'm sure Davidsen will never sell a watch to me as a result, but when you get one of his watches, you're getting "a misfit". His cases are his cases, his crown guards are his crown guards, and his bracelets are his bracelets. I don't get it.

Glad you got yours to fit, but I fail to see why anyone would waste their time with his "special" watches. I could have inserted many other words for "special"

Here's what mine looks like on a bracelet. If you want full sized, click the pic.

2365330340102340968S600x600Q85.jpg

His cases are his cases, his crown guards are his crown guards, and his bracelets are his bracelets. I don't get it.

I guess it's easy to explain for me. I don't want to go the modding route.

And of the 17 PAMs I have, the finish and quality of his cases are exceptional. No comparison whatsoever with any other I've bought from several sources.

So, if you're the tinkering kind, you may want to forego DSN. If you want a straight out of the box piece of "perfection" (minus quality control and dial issues), go with Davidsen.

IMHO.

Recently attempted this task, my problem was finding the correct springbars. 24mm were too short with the bracelet, even though they are fine with my straps.....so had to get longer springbars for some reason, 26mm worked well, 27-28mm may work even better....enjoy!....Sam ;)

Spring bars will not work with a bracelet (at least River's won't). You need screws.

Spring bars only work with straps. No bracelet, no rubber.

My Pam bracelet has been on every watch seen here(except the "destro" and fixed lug chrono of course!!) with absolutely no alignment problems at all just stick the screw in and turn!!..Maybe I'm just lucky ??....Or maybe The cheaper reps are less "finicky ".....(Mine are indeed the cheaper ones)!!'...

IMG_5416.jpg